Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 7 of 11 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 10 11
raws #2786211 04/21/18 04:59 AM
J
J
I dont buy it. You are blaming yourself for everything and not looking at your ex and what she's saying and doing. And until your fog dissipitates, it's gonna be a lot of guilt and self blame.

You're allowed to have a hobby that keeps you healthy. If she is telling you stuff along the lines of shes leaving cause you didn't give her enough attention, she is only gaslighting you.

Maybe go to therapy? Learn more about healthy relationship dynamics. Develop your self esteem.

M: 42
H: 43
Twins age 5
WAH in summer
R
raws Offline OP
OP Offline
R
So just came home to find a letter from the police dept addressed to my wife. Ive got a friend visiting and hes engaged to an officer who says it's probably a restraining/protection order for my wife. I didnt open it but I'm pretty sure thats what it is. This is totally unexpected and is absolutely out of the blue. I love my wife and have never threatened her. This is driving me crazy

raws #2786229 04/21/18 10:05 AM
J
J
Don't jump to conclusions. Could it also be a traffic ticket?

Just go no contact. That includes her friends and family. You shouldn't even think of involving them.

Don't put anything in writing. Stop pursuing immediatly. If its OOP you should contact a lawyer.

Twins age 5
WAH in summer
R
raws Offline OP
OP Offline
R
Thanks Juju,

No. It's not a ticket. The cars are both in my name so it would be addressed to me. Its definitely one of those things but sent to her for whatever reason. I'm sure ill be figuring it out this week sometine when I come home and check the mail.

I'm no contact since the couple calls and texts i sent when I walked in on my half empty house. I'm not talkig to any of her family either.

My friend talked me through it all a bit. He thinks that since shes always feeling like shes not contributing financially shes got no control in the r and is insecure about the power she has and compensated by exerting control by belittling me to empower herself. She didnt feel like an equal partner in the m.

Maybe this is her way of trying to get back in control? I dont know. If it is a restraining/protection order would that be her trying to control the situation further? Should I make any attempt to contact her prior to being notified to see if she wants to talk or say anything? Im so freaked out. I feel like this is all spinning out of control so fast

raws #2786231 04/21/18 10:41 AM
J
J
You dont know what this is yet so no use in panicking.

Don't try to analyze your ex. Most of us here do that. All you end up doing is projecting your own feelings and values on to them.

I know it's early in your sitch to hear this but most of them are selfish pos and are not thinking the things we like to think they are... I have female aquaintances that are walkaways. Trust me. If only you knew what they say and think.

Just take it day by day and develop a back up plan. Research some good lawyers just in case.

Twins age 5
WAH in summer
R
raws Offline OP
OP Offline
R
Will do. Thank you so much juju. I'm sitting here refreshing this page hoping for a response so I appreciate you.

I'm talking to legal on Monday to try to get some guidance. I know you say not to freak out but Its definitely not easy.

I just want to be happy and I want her to be happy. If its not together I'm ok with that, I just wish things didnt have to get ugly. I love her and I know somewhere under the anger and pain she loves me. I just wish she would realize it and come home or at least talk to me.

raws #2786236 04/21/18 02:01 PM
R
raws Offline OP
OP Offline
R
So I cant find my copies of DB or DR. Weve moved 3 times since I first used them (something that I'm sure hasnt helped things in my M)

Which one should I re read first?

raws #2786264 04/22/18 12:46 AM
R
raws Offline OP
OP Offline
R
Just ordered both. They should be here Wednesday.

I'm having a really tough time. I cant get that letter out of my head. I hope she doesnt do something out of anger that will affect the rest of my life.
I'm sorry just needed to get this off my chest

raws #2786317 04/22/18 11:43 AM
R
raws Offline OP
OP Offline
R
So today was rough but a bit better than yesterday. I spent some time with friends and was able to clear my head a bit. I came home and checked my facebook and she has blocked me on fb and instagram.

I'm freaked out again now. Shes never done this before. Not even during the first time we had issues. I feel like any hope I had that she may cool off is gone. I dont know where to go from here. Its been 5 days of no contact and now she deletes me? What is the point of that?

raws #2786322 04/22/18 12:48 PM
J
J
Talk to legal. Continue no contact. Be careful with what you say and do.

She doesnt want anything to do with you right now. Believe that. Accept that.

(I know it hurts to be discarded like that)

Just lots of self care. You need to start Learning how to love yourself more.

It gets easier. You will realize she is not a prize. Be prepared for keeping your cool with any thing that comes up

To me, it sounds like she is painting a picture. Of course you are emotional. You love her. But don't trust her.

Twins age 5
WAH in summer
Page 7 of 11 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard