Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 11 of 11 1 2 9 10 11
D
D
Originally Posted By: Ginger1

Not to float my own boat here, but I am not ugly, I am educated, independent, funny, social and fun. I am a good parent, made a decent living and don't need money or rescuing. Why do I not attract decent men? I don't know!!!! I look at some of these stories in newcomers of guys who married some sort of train wreck and then got left and they just loved these trainwrecks! Why do men love trainwrecks? I think I am going to start playing the "rescue me" card.

Further proof to me (as though I needed it) that you and I are VERY much alike. I won't say I'm attractive physically, as I'm not at all. I have said outright on here many times, I'm a fat girl and men don't tend to be attracted to fat girls and that is what it is. I have attractive physical qualities, but overall, not a pretty package. However, I'm educated, have a pretty good sense of humor, like to go out and have fun and can definitely hold up my end of a conversation on a wide variety of topics. Most importantly, I earn a decent living for myself and I do not need nor want a man to "take care of me" financially or "rescue me" (I'm perfectly fine...don't need to be rescued). So, why is it that I seem to attract more than my fair share of uneducated dudes with any number of issues that are pretty obvious from the get go. Don't get me wrong, I am thoroughly enjoying my time with Sparky, but he seems to be the exception, not the rule. I think part of it is probably the area I live in, but even if I moved to a larger city, I'm not sure my luck would swing any appreciable amount. There have to be some good, decent, nice, educated men out there somewhere and you can't convince me that every single one of them is attached to someone else. So, why don't I attract them? LOL Who knows? I say all that, G, to say, I feel your pain. Honestly, I do!

Me 52, H53
Bomb drop 9/29/2014
Divorce from XH final 12/17/2014
Marriage #2 12/31/2019
5 adult (step)daughters (3 from XH's first marriage, 2 from current H's previous relationships)
6 grandkids
job Offline

Last edited by job; 04/22/18 04:55 AM. Reason: added link to new thread

Sit quietly, the answers will reveal themselves when you least expect them to.
The past is gone, the present is a gift and you need to focus on today, allow the future to reveal itself when it is ready.
Page 11 of 11 1 2 9 10 11

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard