Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
G
G
Let's see if it is a phone issue.....

G
G
I believe it is a phone or apple issue. It only happens when I post from my iPhone. My PC is fine, which is not an apple. Thankfully, that first post was a test too.....

I have so much to say and to respond to but I really need to talk about OLD and my recent experiences and revelations and social experiemnts. It all makes my life incredibly surreal.

I ended it witht he guy who avoided meeting. I said "you keep ignoring me when I bring up meeting. I am done with these games" never heard from him again, surprise. I have been talking to another one of those. I thought I broke it off with him a bunch of times. But he kept coming back. I told him numerous times that I am not interested in text dating and I need him to ask me when I am free and coordinate something. He avoided it as well. He texts me today at 2pm asking me out for pretty much right then. I went off on him. He kept persisting. He is crazy attracted to me, blah, blah blah. I decided to turn this around on him. After reaming him telling him I am no one's last minute plans, that if he was really all that interested, he cane meet me at a bar by my house, no hug, no kiss, no nothing. Justa drink. After some back and forth he said "no, I am scared. You really reacted to something that was nothing" I told him he needs to learn when something might be nothing to him, it is something to someone else. That was it.

Then for the the really crazy one. Some guy was persistent online, so I gave him a chance. We texted for a few days, seemed kind of normal, and agreed we should meet right away. We went for coffee at a DD yesterday. We did what everyone said you should do. Meet casually, keep it short but sweet. Conversation was good. I did find he is wealthy.

Well. he let me know he is incredibly attracted to me after. He desires a monogamous sexual relationship, but no commitment, because his OW is his work. He is a very sexual being, to put it lightly and is looking for that type of relationship, and would really like to have it with me. It feels like I am in 50 shades of gray. Good looking, although short, rich, and I was kind of propositioned.

Surreal, right? The more surreal part? I didn't completely write off the idea. I never ever imagined my life going this way. I figured my life being married and faithful. Never ever having to entertain such options. But really. 10 years and a bunch of flakes and impossible situations. I married my first sexually. ANd our sex life was awful. I discovered who I was sexually after divorce. And I can't do anything with it! I am very open with it, enjoy it, I am at my peak, and nothing is going on. I can't even get an actual date with a guy from OLD, they just want to tell me how hot I am and never meet. There are no IRL possibilities and my life is not so conducive to dating.

So what if maybe this is a better than nothing situation for me? Am I selling myself short? Maybe. It isn't because I don't value myself or think I am worth the whole package. I am, and I know it. I believe I treated myself as a person who does. We cannot say in the last 10 years I have not put the effort in and haven't learned and grown. Perhaps this isn't the time for me. A real R comes when I am an empty nester. Maybe now some fun is what the universe wants for me. Maybe I am losing my mind, but I don't think I am. I think I am just realistic and accepting of what my life has to offer me at this point. Not because I am not worthy.

I am having a really hard time dealing with something I just don't know how to deal with or talk about. I grew up ugly, and that is not an exaggeration. I started to not be so ugly, around 18, when I met exH. He was really the first guy who viewed me as beautiful. I saw him as the trophy, but he saw me as the trophy. Anyways, I don't know how to say this and it makes me super uncomfortable, but at my age now, men find me very attractive. It's weird and uncomfortable to me. I spent my younger years relying on my personality and that was always my strong point. Now, guys don't see past my looks. I NEVER thought this would be an issue in anyway for me. I've got to say, it is really difficult. I may not brag on my looks, but I got comfortable to the point to brag on what a great PERSON I am. I hated me that way too. Now I love me as a person, faults and all. That was the hardest feat. This sounds, ridiculous, I know. But I really don't know what to do.

What else is messing me up big time is I have real feelings for someone I cannot have feelings for and nothing will ever ever happen, which is kind of the story of my life. It is not a crush on PT guy. I have real feelings. I have been getting to know him for the past 9 months, we spend my sessions talking about life and family, I watch him interact with my daughter, and I think he is one amazing man. More man than any of these idiots my age. Something makes him think of me and he will message it to me. He brings me in his grandmother's baked goods, makes slime for my daughter. He is driven and a family man, and an alla round good guy. I am usually an idiot when it comes to realizing if a guy likes me. I am pretty sure the feeling is mutual. Right now, we are already crossing the line by even being FB friends as I am an active patient. When I am DC'd we all talk about going out one night (my therapist too, female).

I don't know how I ended up here. I just know I have to play the cards I was dealt. Still figuring out the best tactic.

In good news, first weke of new job down. Had the best weekend. D10 and I volunteered to plant trees yesterday and it was amazing fun. I loved to see how into it she was and how hard she worked. Her dad misses out on that part of her. She's a girl girl too, but she wasn't afraid to get dirty. Her spirits were so high and she felt so accomplished and it gave her such a needed boost of self esteem. I went to a wine fest last night with a sort of friend. Today I decided to take care of my back yardish area since my landlord stopped. The weather has been fantastic finally. I have a former DB'er talking me though making my yard the best it can be since she is an expert with it. I found dog [censored] all over my property and got super pissed and will havet to confront the neighbors about their unattended dog. I decided to be passive aggressive and scoop the [censored] right over on to their patio. Tomorrow is another work day.

I am now going to take myself out for ice cream because I deserve it.

Lot to take in, huh?

job Offline OP
OP Offline
Ginger,

I see your posting was posted not only here, but on your thread. We honestly do not know what the issue is, i.e., I do not think it's the phones or the desk top computers, as I've used both. Everyone is using different methods to try to post and some are lucky enough to get through and others aren't so lucky, i.e., one time they can post and then another time, they can't. Modern technology can be a bit tricky at times. We hope that the issue will be resolved very soon.

Sit quietly, the answers will reveal themselves when you least expect them to.
The past is gone, the present is a gift and you need to focus on today, allow the future to reveal itself when it is ready.
C
C
Originally Posted By: job
Ginger,

I see your posting was posted not only here, but on your thread. We honestly do not know what the issue is, i.e., I do not think it's the phones or the desk top computers, as I've used both. Everyone is using different methods to try to post and some are lucky enough to get through and others aren't so lucky, i.e., one time they can post and then another time, they can't. Modern technology can be a bit tricky at times. We hope that the issue will be resolved very soon.

Well so far not - today.... mad mad mad

Me-70, D37,S36
C
C
Some posters seem to be saying that copying and pasting from another document is the problem but typing it out seems to be working .

I need to test this theory.

UBB seemed to think their was some HTML issues that could cause this.

Me-70, D37,S36
D
D

At first I thought it might be Russian spies stealing our posts. But, it occurred to me, I always wear a foil helmet when posting to the DB forums because I don't want anyone to read my mind. I've never lost a post while wearing the foil helmet. I'd recommend everyone wear a foil helmet when posting to these forums.

job Offline OP
OP Offline
doodler,

You are so funny. I thought people wore foil helmets to ward off the ETs that come to visit from another planet.

The past is gone, the present is a gift and you need to focus on today, allow the future to reveal itself when it is ready.
V
V
Can't post from anything apple but android works on ok on phone tablet and pc.

On apple I get a message saying stack overload.

V

Freedom is just another word for nothing left to loose.
V 64, WAW

C
C
I just sent another e-mail to Virginia - lets see how she responds.

Me-70, D37,S36
job Offline OP
OP Offline
Cadet,

I followed your lead and sent another email to her as well.

Page 3 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard