Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 8 of 11 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 11
G
G
P.S. Sjohn, If you are near Friendswood, TX, I do know of a standers group there, since you said you wished you had people IRL like those on the boards. They will encourage you to stand, so maybe not what you are looking for, but they will understand your sitch IRL.

I believe I will see the bounty of the Lord in the land of the living.
Wait for the Lord with courage.
Be stouthearted, and wait for the Lord.
B
B
SJS ... I'm so sorry to read this. So very sorry this is happening to your family.

I completely get it about not being willing to stand any longer. Just take it a day at a time. All you have to do today is breathe.

We are all here for you xoxoxo

M 20+ T25+
S ~15.5 (BD)
BD 4/6/15
D 12/23/16

"Someone I loved once gave me
A box full of darkness.
It took me years to understand,
That this too, was a gift."
~ Mary Oliver
S
sjohns6 Offline OP
OP Offline
S

Me: 45 yrs
W: 43 yrs
Together: 20 yrs
Married: 15 yrs
Son: 19 yrs
Daughter: 18 yrs
BD: Jan 2017
S
sjohns6 Offline OP
OP Offline
S

S
sjohns6 Offline OP
OP Offline
S
Bummer. That was a long comment. I dont think I put any colons or apostraphies. Wasnt that the issue?

B
B
Sjohn,
Press the quick quote on one of the posts. In the last paragraph you are writing Im with an apostrophe.

M:46 WXW:40
T:20 M:13
D3,D8,D10
BD:11/12/16
D:12/14/16
OM confirmed 01/20/17
job Offline
RESTORED POSTING FOR SJOHNS6

Jase, Gordie, Gerda, and bttrfly,

Thank you guys for your support. Ive been staying off the boards the ast couple weeks because sometimes reading all the posts gives comfort, but sometimes it serves as a painful reminder of all the possibilities.

I think I finally know what it feels like to be detached. When I first started feeling like that, it felt more like just not wanting to stand anymore and being ready to move on. I still kind of feel that way, but I now am realizing that regardless of how I feel now that my feelings can change based on the circumstances. I just know that I do not want to live with things how they are now. I need a change. For now that could be W moving out, later it might mean reconciling. Reconciling now is not possible due to Ws feelings and behaviour but I have no idea how it would be differrent if she actually wanted to try. I may not want to but I also realize Im viewing that possibility with her in the mindset she is in now.

Recently I started thinking about what it would be like to be with someone who just loved me for who I am now without needing me to change. It made me think about all the backbending and mental gymnastics Ive done in the last 18 months to try and make her happy and it made me sad. Relationships take work but I feel like I deserve to be with someone who loves me and wants to be with me for who I am.

W decided that it would be good to tell the kids about her moving out a few minutes before we left for her dads lake house on Memorial day. I have no idea how that seems like the right time to drop the bomb on them. She has compartmentalized everything to a degree that she thinks this seperation is only going to affect her and I. The kids took it OK at first, but Ive noticed their disapproval in their actions over the last week.

Ive also started noticing Ws behaviour more and seeing it for what it is. Being more detached allows me to see the depression and insecurity in the things she does. She is broken in a way that I had a hard time seeing before. As adamant as she is about moving out, she is dragging it out. She is still living at home while looking at houses periodically. She is also taking the kids to look at houses as she wants them to help her pick it out. They seem reluctant to do that. I even told her that I didnt think it was good for her to have the kids help her pick out the house she was leaving their father for. She didnt like that comment but I really didnt care at that point what she thought.

Im not feeling so depressed anymore but I still feel sad about my family and indifferent towards W. Mornings are hard because I end up dreaming about W and waking up feeling anxious. After a few minutes I get my head back on straight but I hate waking up that way. I know change is on the horizon, just wish it could get here already. I hate the limbo.

Oh, and I'm in north texas, Gerda. I appreciate the standing group offer. If that wasnt a 5 hour drive Id totally join that group.

S
sjohns6 Offline OP
OP Offline
S
Thank you job! I guess I missed one!

S
SBJ Offline
S
sjohn, what part of NTX are you in. I am in SETX just outside of Houston, but get up to the DFW area somewhat regularly. Are you in that area?

Me 49 W46
T25 M22
S22 D18 S13
W had EA Apr-Jul 2016
Dropped Bomb 7/9/16
ILYBINILWYA
HER DIVORCE IS FINAL...8/18/17
Dropping the rope to SURVIVE & THRIVE!!!
S
sjohns6 Offline OP
OP Offline
S
Wow...yes, I am in DFW. Specifically on the Ft Worth side. I was in Houston a couple months back for sons volleyball tournament. Next time your up this way hit me up!

Page 8 of 11 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 11

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard