Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 7 of 11 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 10 11
D
D
Originally Posted By: Coconut
Right now, all I have is one plastic table for 6 with folding chairs, so time to go shopping for a large dining table, a few more folding tables and lots of chairs...

Don't waste your money on furniture, just buy another boat and park it in the house.

I think you're on the track to something really big; fishing boats that can be used as furniture. Here's why it'll be huge: The husband gets a new fishing boat and the wife gets new furniture all at the same time. It's practical and it'd probably save some marriages. You could start a business, Coconut's Boat and Furniture Emporium.

V
V
Ask peeps to bring a bottle and chair.

V

Freedom is just another word for nothing left to loose.
V 64, WAW

G
G
I just wanted to drop by and say again how impressed I am with you being the social director! You are kind of my role model here. I look forward to living a life such as yours when my time comes. Amazing things happen when we go outside our comfort zone.

J
J
Originally Posted By: Coconut
Then I set up a meet-up at my house for a game night in two weeks, BYOB and food, set the limit to 20 people and it filled up in a couple of hours.. I'll probably invite a few of my closer friends that didn't sign up before it filled up, so probably end up somewhere around 25 people. Right now, all I have is one plastic table for 6 with folding chairs, so time to go shopping for a large dining table, a few more folding tables and lots of chairs.. Gonna be a fun night smile

Very nice. Don't be surprised if one or more ladies wants to stay over.

Me: 46
W: 44
Married: 17
Together 21
D13; S10
BD: 03.03.15 (Not attracted to you)
Almost 2 years trying, alone, to save marriage
Status now: Divorced (effective 06.13.17)
C
Coconut Offline OP
OP Offline
C
and the pressure sets in..

So game night at my house is tonight, apparently it's the hottest ticket in town... There are 25 people invited, there is a waitlist, and everyone's been talking about it the last few times we've gotten together.

No pressure!!! Originally my thinking was that it would be a low key, night of game playing, I shoulda known better with this group. I think they are willing to play a game or two, but partying seems to be on everyone's mind. So I've upped my game a little, added some chairs to the front porch and back patio, set up a fire ring in the back yard with a few camp chairs, made Jello shots (lol, haven't made those in many years), and filled the bar with bottles and mixers (even made a list of mixed drink recipes for people to make themselves, including some non-alcoholic mixed drinks).

JRuss, you were right, I've already got 2 ladies that have asked if they can stay the night, and two more that have kind of hinted at it. I've got a queen bed and two airbeds already set up in the spare rooms, and I've got a sofa bed and two more airbeds on standby.

one of my friends asked me about a week ago if I was nervous to have so many people over, and I said no, I love to entertain and am looking forward to it. I text her back last night and said I want to change my answer to nervous as he!!.

It's been a crazy couple of weeks trying to get the house ready, install fire alarms, buy and use lawn equipment, hang pictures, buy furniture, towel racks/shower curtains and all the other odds and ends you need to do when moving in. Scheduling a party two weeks after moving in might not have been the smartest thing I've ever done.

But as I sit here now, everything is done except for a quick cleaning of the bathrooms and then preparation of the food I'm making. If it wasn't for this party, I know that I wouldn't have done as much to the house as I have, so after clean-up tomorrow, everything will be done and i'll be able to just relax.

M - 9 1/2 years
5/5/16 - Bomb drop - 3 week EA
10/31/16 - We sold house
01/10/18 - D Finalized
D
D
Coconut,

It sounds like it'll be a lot of fun as well as being a sh*t-ton of work. Inquiring minds want to know, are there any boats parked in your house?

And, the slumber party with the ladies...way to go! cool

G
G
Sounds like a big orgy is happening over C-nuts house!

Where is my invite?!

SOunds like you are hosting the party of the year! Make sure people don't get belligerently drunk and destroy your new house!

I am not helping with the nerves, am I????

It'll be fine, have fun, and enjoy your sleepover with multiple ladies.

C
Coconut Offline OP
OP Offline
C
What a great weekend.. Game night turned into more of a party, there were a few games played, but most of the night was spent socializing, dancing, sitting around the fire, etc...

Also, there was a behind the scenes secret plan of turning this into a housewarming party, I had no idea and really didn't know what to say when people started giving me cards and gifts. It made me bit uncomfortable for people to give me gifts, but I really appreciated the thought that went into making the night partly about me.

The two ladies who planned on staying over did, there was also a guy and girl who ended up staying over. We stayed up talking until about 4 in the morning, then went to bed. While there was no orgy planned, I did have the offer for a FWB type night, but I immediately felt uncomfortable about it (maybe because there were so many others staying) so I just let her know that I didn't think that was a good idea tonight.

Not sure why, but all of us were up by 8 am, so I made some coffee and we sat out on the front porch drinking coffee, everyone was talking about how they felt like they were on vacation at a cabin in the woods and were really enjoying themselves. We stayed on the porch a couple of hours and then went out for breakfast.

After breakfast, everyone went home then we met back up at my house about 4 hours later to go see a play that a friend was acting in. The play was in a big city about an hour away so we drove together. Then after the play we walked around down town and had a late dinner. Didn't get home until after midnight, so everyone just grabbed some leftover food from the party and headed home.

I was absolutely exhausted and slept until noon the next day (I am one of those early risers and don't know if I've ever slept until noon before), then I just made Sunday a relaxing day at home binge watching.

I did get to spend some alone time chatting with gamer girl (GG). I'm starting to wonder if I have some sort of radar that makes me find and fall for woman with troubled / rough pasts. Everything I've learned about her are things that I don't logically want in someone, but I still find myself very attracted to her.

I asked her out for dinner and a movie at my place next Saturday, I've decided to take some time and see if I can decide one way or the other how I want to proceed. If the date goes well, then I'll open up about what I know about her to get some opinions, but I want to wait until after the date.

M - 9 1/2 years
5/5/16 - Bomb drop - 3 week EA
10/31/16 - We sold house
01/10/18 - D Finalized
D
D
So glad the party was a smashing success, Coconut. How lovely that they made it a housewarming for you. That's awesome! Sounds like you had a wonderful weekend. Good for you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Me 52, H53
Bomb drop 9/29/2014
Divorce from XH final 12/17/2014
Marriage #2 12/31/2019
5 adult (step)daughters (3 from XH's first marriage, 2 from current H's previous relationships)
6 grandkids
V
V
Good for you Coconut.

Singing along to "I got music" and "houseparty"

Cheers

V

Freedom is just another word for nothing left to loose.
V 64, WAW

Page 7 of 11 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard