Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 9 of 10 1 2 7 8 9 10
V
V
Originally Posted By: InFocus
Juju, she has walked out on me before due to neglect. While I forgave her and took her back, there has been resentment on my behalf.

I was wrong for what I did, how I treated her, and how I acted. I am addressing those actions, habits, behaviors on my own and through counseling.

Yes, I screwed up. Here I am accountable.

Hmmmmmm

You forgave her?

Suggest it's she forgave You!

And yes we hold you accountable.

Now will you answer the questions? Because this requires shift and if you really want this then you are here to get the support.

What kind of IC? Are you having CBT?

What resources of your own are you using?

V

Freedom is just another word for nothing left to loose.
V 64, WAW

M
M
Originally Posted By: InFocus
My behavior stems from insecurity and immaturity, lack of understanding of what real love looks like. My own parents divorce and emotional abuse to eachother and to me. I handle my emotions dysfunctionally, even though my coping mechanisms and my own discipline have led me from literal poverty to some career and professional success.

Then I think you start here.
How can you have a successful relationship with your W or any other woman with all of this going on?

I think the rest of it isnt that important if you arent working on these things.

V
V
Yup

That's FOO stuff rearing it's ugly head again.

V

V 64, WAW

I
InFocus Offline OP
OP Offline
I
I don't plan to change what she perceives as controlling nature or coercive behavior. She's leaving because she thought I was controlling. Letting her go basically proves thats a lie.

V
V
Infocus it doesn't seem to be a lie.

It is her experience of her R. Which you seem to be validating.

V

V 64, WAW

I
InFocus Offline OP
OP Offline
I
Yeah, it was only controlling after she told me she wanted a divorce. Prior to that we didn't really have any issues - her words not mine.

V
V
One thing I think I should tell you. After BD1, I was a WAW and very abused in every way possible. I reacted by becoming 'screaming banshee'. This is reactive abuse, and I sought help for it, was deeply ashamed of it. Not good.

This reaction was from fear not anger with a tiny FOO issue which I resolved asap. This was a truly horrible part of my life.

However the abuse arises in you, and I get it, I truly do. In order to shift it then you have to own it.

It's a [censored] sandwich that's homemade, but walking to the pain and digging deep for a long time is the only thing that will resolve it. Then after full on atoning, yes that is another [censored] sandwich if your other half is a complete numpty and you don't want to, then you can forgive yourself.

First you own it and don't blame.

That is my experience and why I am giving you 4x4 as you get one good go at this after that it's uphill.

V

V 64, WAW

I
InFocus Offline OP
OP Offline
I
Texts daily about taxes and legal docs and registering my daughter for school. I should just stop altogether communicating, it doesn't feel good. I am being nice, whatever.

I
InFocus Offline OP
OP Offline
I
Originally Posted By: Vanilla
One thing I think I should tell you. After BD1, I was a WAW and very abused in every way possible. I reacted by becoming 'screaming banshee'. This is reactive abuse, and I sought help for it, was deeply ashamed of it. Not good.

This reaction was from fear not anger with a tiny FOO issue which I resolved asap. This was a truly horrible part of my life.

However the abuse arises in you, and I get it, I truly do. In order to shift it then you have to own it.

It's a [censored] sandwich that's homemade, but walking to the pain and digging deep for a long time is the only thing that will resolve it. Then after full on atoning, yes that is another [censored] sandwich if your other half is a complete numpty and you don't want to, then you can forgive yourself.

First you own it and don't blame.

That is my experience and why I am giving you 4x4 as you get one good go at this after that it's uphill.

V

It's fine. I get it. You are hurting and it comes out. I endure the same from my stbxw. I don't blame her. I see it too. I had my issues and I certainly own it and never deflected. I just didn't change enough. It's almost as if the little change undermines the larger expectation.

I am sorry for any abuse. But it's certainly a two way street.

While I have forgiven, I still don't like it. Probably never will.

OM and the EA makes it easier. Friends at work and their validation certainly pave a more clear path.

What can I do but live my best life and love her as I always have and probably always will.

She can step on it and talk about my emotional abuse and my controlling needy ways or my validation seeking.

If I didn't love you, I am not sure I would share that side of myself. That is the double edge sword of love and vulnerability.

You can't escape the bad and only have the good. With enough time everything ends I guess.

Sidenote...ran into her old friend. She told me she was not surprised. Apparently shes been telling her friends she hates me for the last 5 years. I was pretty blown away by that.

Basically, I am thinking this is long gone and over.

I
InFocus Offline OP
OP Offline
I
I am done with women and relationships for awhile. Purely sex for me. At least I am good at that and its not very confusing lol.

Page 9 of 10 1 2 7 8 9 10

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard