Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 11 of 11 1 2 9 10 11
kml #2795603 06/12/18 02:27 PM
K
kml Offline OP
OP Offline
K
Hahaha - did hear back from a promising looking guy that I had messaged - but as the conversation progressed online his syntax began to fracture a bit (in a Nigerian prince sort of way). Darn. I had even screened his pictures on Tineye and got no hits. But he looks like a scammer.
Wonder who the real guy is whose photos he stole - I'd love to meet THAT guy!

kml #2796401 06/17/18 10:52 AM
K
kml Offline OP
OP Offline
K
Ok, had a dinner date with Caterpillar Mustache Man (CMM). He looked more attractive the second time around (probably because he was much less nervous) . He took me to a nice restaurant for dinner. We had a lot of good conversation over dinner.

I asked him how his parents met (his dad was a black Pullman porter from Chicago and his mom an Israeli Jew. He told me this charming story about how his dad was sent to the Pullman plant in Alabama for a few months and mom was working behind the lunch counter at the drugstore. His dad resolved then and there to take all his meals at the drugstore. He must have been a good flirt because even though they never dated, when he returned a couple months after going back to Chicago, he convinced her to elope with him to Chicago.

He said his dad always told the story, and his mom "just smiled".

I've been able to verify some of his history online (kinda paranoid after ex-boyfriend) but would like to verify his parents deaths as the result of a car crash when he was twenty. Anybody know of a way to find out about fatal car crashes in Evanston Illinois in the 1970's?

Anyway, I'll go on another date with CMM. I don't think he has much money after his divorce but when I confessed I've never learned how to use Excell spreadsheets he asked "but how do you keep your budget?". I find it oddly sexy that he assumes I keep a budget (I do) and that he clearly does (which puts him far ahead of most of my past dates on the financial responsibility scale).

kml #2796432 06/17/18 11:43 PM
job Offline
New Thread:

Dating in Your 60's

Last edited by job; 06/18/18 06:16 AM. Reason: add link to new thread

Sit quietly, the answers will reveal themselves when you least expect them to.
The past is gone, the present is a gift and you need to focus on today, allow the future to reveal itself when it is ready.
Page 11 of 11 1 2 9 10 11

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard