Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 5 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 9 10
D
D
Originally Posted By: Ginger1
Oh, but I will be in your area n March Doodler, watch out.

Ginger,

You're welcome to stop by. March is usually nice in north Florida; it's sunny and warm, but not too hot.

C
Coconut Offline OP
OP Offline
C
haha, Surviving the Big D, flirting, Innuendos and Hook-ups.. now that's living. Best OLD site around smile

Anyway, I agree I have choices and I will just have to decide how I want to move forward for me. My biggest concern is not knowing if I'm helping her or hurting her in the long run.. She's still pretty new into the separation, and she's still married, so there is that.

Anyway, found out that she found out about the first A little over 12 yrs ago, right before her twins were born, and knows of 6 A total, but is pretty sure there were more. She's been a SAHM for 15 yrs, has 3 kids living with her (1 from previous R), and it was tough for her to leave and go out on her own. So she's fighting to "get away", luckily she is getting help from the grandparents of her older child, which is the only way she's been able to start this journey.

So thoughts on if her being attracted to me, flirting with me, is beneficial or hurtful to her. I have NO intention of making a R out of this (or physical), for at least a year or until D, so I will continue to keep my eyes open for a R with others.

For her, I know that in the here and now it makes you feel good (I was in a similar sitch early in my separation), but I stopped it because she was M and I knew it was inappropriate for us to feel that way about each other.

M - 9 1/2 years
5/5/16 - Bomb drop - 3 week EA
10/31/16 - We sold house
01/10/18 - D Finalized
D
D
Originally Posted By: Ginger1
Oh, but I will be in your area n March Doodler, watch out.

Um, when are you coming to my area because ditto X like double digit months. Although I've been wanting to visit New York City again for a while now...

Is this divorcebusting or FWBF? (Friends with benefits finder) might be a good spin off site.

DonH
Midwest
Me 56
WAW-EXW 55
Met 11/95 / Married 5/00
Bomb 6/20/05 / She Filed on 6/2/06 / Divorced on 10/9/06
4 who'd qualify as GF since D & dated about 25 women since D
D
D
Originally Posted By: DonH
Is this divorcebusting or FWBF?

Don,

You big hunk. You're welcome to stop by any time.

G
G
I have done the DB guy thing more than once and it did not work out well for me. So, I made a promise no more, sorry boys, I know you must be really disappointed. (note sarcasm)

However, I do many DB couples it has worked out wonderfully for. Married, engaged, dating, living together. It is the best thing you can take out of such a bad situation.

G
G
I keep looking over my shoulder at work, so I am coming up with a lot of typos. "I KNOW many DB couples it has worked for" I don't do them...... oh boy.....

D
D
It's one thing when my sincere advances get shot down over OLD. Now even my goofing around, not at all serious, sarcasm is even getting rejected. Clearly anything OL does not work. smile.

Ginger are you saying people have met here and went onto an R? I guess I've missed that too. I was just joking around, or trying too. Guess it's not a joke if you have to explain it.

DonH
Midwest
Me 56
WAW-EXW 55
Met 11/95 / Married 5/00
Bomb 6/20/05 / She Filed on 6/2/06 / Divorced on 10/9/06
4 who'd qualify as GF since D & dated about 25 women since D
G
G
HAHA, Don, I know you were goofing around. I was too!

It just brought me to something in reality. Yes, people have gone on from here, married, had R's had children together even. I, not being one of the happy endings, but yup, I am lucky to know some of these couples personally.

C
Coconut Offline OP
OP Offline
C
Don, I think Ginger was a bit overwhelmed by the three proposed hook-ups in like a 5 minute period... that can be a little overwhelming, so she shot all of us down in one fell swoop so she could get her bearings..

But doodler did reach out very aggressively to you, so maybe there is hope for OLD after all.. lol

M - 9 1/2 years
5/5/16 - Bomb drop - 3 week EA
10/31/16 - We sold house
01/10/18 - D Finalized
G
G
Originally Posted By: Coconut
Don, I think Ginger was a bit overwhelmed by the three proposed hook-ups in like a 5 minute period... that can be a little overwhelming, so she shot all of us down in one fell swoop so she could get her bearings..

But doodler did reach out very aggressively to you, so maybe there is hope for OLD after all.. lol

Since I have been on one date since last May in which we did NOT hook up, ^^^^^^^ this was very overwhelming and surreal. Feast or famine, they say.

Page 5 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 9 10

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard