Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 7 of 11 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 10 11
K
kml Offline
K
If it's not H pylori related, have you had your B12 level checked? An autoimmune cause of B12 deficiency can causes gastritis.

O
O
Sorry for the quick hijack, but I found out I have pernicious anemia a few years ago and started treatment for it. Never had gastritis again. KML, you are brilliant. I wish you had been my doc at the time.

K
kml Offline
K
It's so overlooked. The excellent book Could It Be B12? is a good reference.

K
kml Offline
K
By Pacholok

N
NicoleR Offline OP
OP Offline
N
Cherry, yes it's so hard when they change for us but are the same for others. It's nice to know someone else understands what that's like.

Jim, thanks. I would accept your hug. I know it'll be a long time before I can think about meeting someone new. I know I have to work on myself and put my daughter first. I wish there'd be some way to skip past this horrible nightmare though.

Ownit, did your gastritis ever go away? Was your gallbladder removed? How are you feeling now?

KML, I'll ask about having B12 checked. It's not H Pylori in my case. I was thinking maybe a bad gallbladder is causing the gastritis but the HIDA scan was normal and the ultrasound is normal...no one seems to agree that the gallbladder can cause those problems.

O
O
Nicole:

I had gastritis attacks from age 18 until about 3 years ago (and the last 3 years have been the most stressful of my life by a mile thanks to H). Until KML made the B12 connection, I never got that it was related to my B12 problem. I lack something called intrinsic factor, which I discovered during that bad bout with my guts when they thought I had Crohn's. I've always been iron-deficient, but didn't know I was B12 deficient until then. Normally this is a problem for older people. As soon as I started getting B12 shots (people with my issue don't do as well with oral meds) the gastritis went away and never came back.

I did have my gallbladder removed about 15-20 years ago. The only problem I've ever had is the typical paying for eating greasy meals.

My guts are much better now.

KML inspired me to make an appointment today to resume my B12 shots (I've been slacking off in all this drama).

K
kml Offline
K
OwnIt, don't slack on the B12! And taking a sublingual B12 daily in between shots can help keep your levels up. You should really read that book by Pacholok, a must read for pernicious anemia patients.

O
O
I know, I got paranoid and took a few sublingual tonight. I've downloaded the book!

V
V
Here are some hugs

Hug

Hug

Hug

Big hug

Even bigger hug than the last big hug

V

Freedom is just another word for nothing left to loose.
V 64, WAW

N
NicoleR Offline OP
OP Offline
N
Ownit, that's great to hear you found a solution to your gastritis. I'll check about B12 although I've been on a PPI for 10 weeks so that might have already made my B12 levels lower. It's hard to know what they would be normally.

Vanilla, thanks for the hugs! Sometimes there are no words for the pain and a hug is our only way of supporting one another.

All, I posted this on another thread but please can you tell me if you're already divorced - did your spouse ever come back sorry or regretful after filing for divorce? It doesn't appear there's anything I can do to stop my husband now, but I wish so badly that I wouldn't have to spend the rest of my life with him angry at me and thinking of me as the worst mistake of his life. If he was sorry at some point I feel like I might be able to feel some peace, although I guess in most cases the person who wants the divorce isn't sorry.

Page 7 of 11 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard