Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 7 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
T
T
We have a huge indoorbrock climbing facility in my city. With it getting cold now would be a perfect time to finally give it a try.

MR: 15 T:17
Me: 37 W: 34
S14
BD/PA/EA: 12/2016
M
M
Yeh with the weather turning cold, it’s a great activity to stay in shape and learn something new. It’s one of my activities with the kids and they are absolute fanatics about it. Great bonding time and also keeping the them active. I’ve written about how climbing came to mean so much more to me than I had anticipated. I’m hooked for life.

No one is coming to save you!

S
S
Hey Pinn - I'm glad to read this!!

Interesting the love of climbing. I watched a documentary recently on improving your mental health. Exercise is known to benefit - as we all know. But two types of exercise were mentioned as particularly good - climbing and dancing. For both we really need to concentrate on what we are doing and it is a full body workout too - plus the lovely social aspect...

Glad you've found a new activity you love. As you know, I love dancing and I think of it in terms of having 'found' dancing, which I hope I'll enjoy for many years to come.

Take care Pinn and enjoy! Xx

T 13 M 7
Me 48 H 46
SS 15
BD 7.14 PA
D final 5.16 (H filed)

We receive & we lose, and must try to achieve gratitude & embrace with whole hearts whatever of life that remains after the losses - Dubus
M
M
Hey Sotto - yehhh dancing is also awesome. Salsa dancing is on my list but right now funds are limited so will have to wait. Used to go salsa dancing a lot in my youth but I need to take some classes and get better. Also great way to meet people.

No one is coming to save you!

P
pinn Offline OP
OP Offline
P
Hey guys! I am glad ya'll like climbing too! Do you guys find it to be very co-ed as well?

I always wanted to do it and then my work had an outing at a place. I was like heck ya! Now I have gone a few times with people from work and I am going to join a gym this week. I don't spend much money on anything besides physical based activities so why not?

Interestingly, I had always been a bit skittish with heights. But for some reason, with this I am not. Odd right? I think I like it because it is so physically demanding but involves problem solving at the same time. Perfect for me!

Sotto, I do have to find a dance class too! I am looking around. I need some rythm to show of to the eventual new mrs pin. ;-)

P
pinn Offline OP
OP Offline
P
Hey DB'rs... guess I become a DB failure story today... or maybe a success story hmmmmm...I am going with success story.... time will tell!

Today was D day! Joint petition so court was fast and smooth. And that is that, the end of the road.

No need for sorry's or anything like that. I pushed for the D and it was needed. When people say piecing is the hardest part, they ain't kidding. I got to a place most can only dream of on this board and at the end of the day, there was just too much damage to overcome. Lot of tears from WW in court. Then we went out for breakfast.

She said two interesting things to me. First she said that she hopes this does not mean I am permanently out of her life. Then she said she hopes we can still get together once in a while. Meh, I don't think so...I didn't say much in return.

Even though we were married for a short period of time, this relationship has been a huge part of my daily life for 20 years, even when we were not together, it literally consumed me. To not have to think anymore is freeing. I am hoping to use this as a spring board for the rest of my life. On to 2018!

S
S
Hi Pinn, I see you as a DBing success story my friend. I'm always sorry when a M ends in D - but you are feeling good within yourself and that is the main thing.

I can recall a real mix of relief - it is done - and sadness - it is over - when D finalised. But also I found it freeing to no longer be married to someone else's boyfriend.

Truly, I don't look back now and I hope the same for you. From all that you post recently, I sense that you will be making the most of 2018 and I'm glad for you!

Take care Pinn xx

T 13 M 7
Me 48 H 46
SS 15
BD 7.14 PA
D final 5.16 (H filed)

We receive & we lose, and must try to achieve gratitude & embrace with whole hearts whatever of life that remains after the losses - Dubus
P
pinn Offline OP
OP Offline
P
Thanks sotto :-)

J
J
Hey Pinn,

Don't disappear. Drop by and let us know how you are doing from time to time. I'm glad you are in high spirits.

M:37 W:37
T:11 M:10
S17, S13, S10, S4
BD:06/28/17
OM confirmed 07/20/17
Recon the M 10/29/17
Working hard:2gether

Onward and forward

This process is not a sprint it's a marathon! Patience, Patience, Patience.
P
pinn Offline OP
OP Offline
P
For sure Joe. I need to pay it back a bit. Life keeps me away from the boards for the most part and I only recognize a few names now a days.

I think the best part of where I am at right now is complete and utter detachment. I have been here for a while now. But if I go weeks without any contact I don't care. Probably more importantly, if she does contact me, I also don't care. I don't care if she goes out and gets a new guy... I just don't care. It feels great! This divorce was goal number one for the new year... so far so good!

Page 7 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard