Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 5 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 10 11
K
kml Offline
K
FF probably texted by accident. He BETTER have texted you by accident or I'll come over and beat him up!

(Btw, my ex bf is Mark and my love-avoidant friend that I dated before him is Marcus - I have to be very careful texting. )

Well if ever you thought ex and OW had some great relationship that you missed out on - this confirms that nope, karma is giving them exactly what they deserve.

G
Ginger1 Offline OP
OP Offline
G
Ellie,

I believe you are right, he texted me by accident. he never responded to my text. I do think he was drunk or something, it wasn't a total mistext, but either way, it doesn't matter. It was not something him or the universe needed to do to me right now, given what I have been going through. When that text came through, I was watching one of my Gray's Anatomy type shows and it was an episode where at the end the moral was if love was meant to be, it finds you and nothing will stop it. I was in awful tears (yes, this is a daily thing for me, unfortunately) and that text came through. I just didn't need it.

Funny you mention the name Ellie. FF's name is Lou. I have dated two other Lou's and they are the only name I have ever repeated. And there is one online guy I am talking to now, his name is Mark. Should I steer clear?! HAHA! I feel bad, he seems like a nice stand up guy. He lives in the town over from me which is an affluent town in the area, is in his early 40's, has been very respectful, and really wants to talk to me on the phone an dmeet me. Last week hi was in Cali for business and sadly enough I can only have a private convo when my daughter is asleep so I said he can call after 9pm. Didn't work last week because of the time difference. Sunday he said he got home late, and last night it never happened. I did apologize for the limitation on the phone call being after 9pm, but it is just how my life goes.

Yeah, my ex and his wife are weirdos. Perhaps their weirdness is made for each other. She seems to be the opposite of everything he ever wanted. he was always trying to mold me into something, but definitely not THAT. Whatevs. As long as my daughter is ok over there. She still of course wants to see her dad, but I see things changing. She turned down an extra night with him because she didn't feel like going back and forth. This Friday night I am going out and I told her I was getting a babysitter, but I used exH as a back-up plan. I gave her the option of her dad or babysitter and she chose babysitter (more money for me, lol). She actually told the babysitter she wants her to come and she just doesn't feel like going back and forth.

I do think in a few years she will want to sleep at my house full time. She will visit her dad, but I think she is going to want to stay with me, in one bedroom with all her stuff, friends, and consistency. Which if course will be fine. Sadly, her dad will probably be happy.

Today I have to see the doctor for refills on my medication. I think I am going ot up my AD's to get me through the holidays. I really don't want to, but I am tired of crying and I don't have my usual coping mechanisms. We will see.

One more thing, Ellie,

I began the ketogenic diet for weight loss. Then I began reading all the other benefits and I am even more excited now. I have been having joint pain, hip pain, hands, feet, everything and I am supposedly a young woman. I seriously thought I had RA there for a while, but I wanted to naturally manage my symptoms. They say this diet really helps with that and inflammation. I know you have extensive knowledge in dietary changes to manage illness. What do you think about this one?

D
D
Originally Posted By: Ginger1
I began the ketogenic diet for weight loss.

Does that mean no more hummus for you? I'd go into withdrawals. Just the thought of being hummus free has sent me into a downward spiral.

G
Ginger1 Offline OP
OP Offline
G
Originally Posted By: doodler
I began the ketogenic diet for weight loss.

Does that mean no more hummus for you? I'd go into withdrawals. Just the thought of being hummus free has sent me into a downward spiral.

I can live with the no hummus. The sugar free is rough. I am a chocolate addict

D
D
The sugar free is rough. I am a chocolate addict.

I used to eat the 70% cacao stuff. It's a little on the bitter side, but that actually seems to add to the experience. I could eat a small amount and it would ensconce me with the love and warmth that only chocolate can provide. Like wrapping yourself in a freshly washed warm blanket that just came out of the drier. Now I've done it...I think I'll be getting some on the way home today.

K
kml Offline
K
Joint pain is often related to gut issues.In fact, people with Crohn's disease can get terrible arthritis associated with their gut flares. People with celiac disease or gluten sensitivity can get joint pains when they eat gluten. So if you keep your ketogenic diet gluten-free by watching your condiments, it may well help your joints.

Ketogenic may not be the healthiest for long term - there are some nutritional issues but they can be handled, we use ketogenic diets in kids with intractable epilepsy. Transitioning to a Paleo-type diet once you've started losing weight may be healthier (we do need some of those fruits and vegetables). However, a ketogenic diet is helpful in cancer patients because keeping sugars low starves cancer cells. And it may be helpful in inducing fat burning (basically the Atkins diet was a couple of weeks of a ketogenic diet then carefully adding back a few carbs from fruits and vegetables.)

G
Ginger1 Offline OP
OP Offline
G
Originally Posted By: kml
Joint pain is often related to gut issues.In fact, people with Crohn's disease can get terrible arthritis associated with their gut flares. People with celiac disease or gluten sensitivity can get joint pains when they eat gluten. So if you keep your ketogenic diet gluten-free by watching your condiments, it may well help your joints.

Ketogenic may not be the healthiest for long term - there are some nutritional issues but they can be handled, we use ketogenic diets in kids with intractable epilepsy. Transitioning to a Paleo-type diet once you've started losing weight may be healthier (we do need some of those fruits and vegetables). However, a ketogenic diet is helpful in cancer patients because keeping sugars low starves cancer cells. And it may be helpful in inducing fat burning (basically the Atkins diet was a couple of weeks of a ketogenic diet then carefully adding back a few carbs from fruits and vegetables.)

Thank you! I have actually lost in the first week and now I gained. I upped my fat when I began tracking and I weight more now than ever! Argghhh! I feel less bloated though, it is so weird. My cousin has done well on paleo, perhaps that's more the lifestyle for me. Even though I haven't lost weight, I kicked my sugar habit. That's HUGE for me. I was really successful on atkins, but that was when I was 24 years old. Metabolism is at a sluggish rate right now. I am seriously frustrated as I was in such great shape this time of year last year. But I'll cut myself some slack and keep on trying.

G
Ginger1 Offline OP
OP Offline
G
Ok, Sooooo.....

Let me tell you a little about what I am going through with online dating.

We know what happened to the first guy. Decided to give another guy a chance. We had a hard time connecting on a phone call, but he texted me everyday trying tomake it work and we set up for lunch next Friday. I thought he was normal, then some very subtle sexual innuedos began. I didn't respond to one. Hadn't heard since.

Now this current guy. Sent me a decent message. Not my normal type physically, but pretty cute. We exchanged numbers and I am realizing how he might be a little nuts. He put in his profile as his job "Internet sales/artist" Ummmm, it turns out he doesn't have a real job. He selling stuff from his mother's home on Ebay (artwork and the such, his mom was an artist)to make room for his own studio. He has been separated for a year, his STBX lives in GA. He has his 3 and a half year old son right now for 3 weeks. otherwise he lives with him mom. He texts me ALL DAY LONG. Mostly about himself. I have an actual job, so I can't be texting all day.

He asked me what my stance on weed was. I told him I am fine with it, which I am. I think it is a great drug when used properly. My family smokes on the daily and are very functioning members of society. I told him I have no problem with it, but I am not cool with someone who is high from morning to night. He told me he has a script for it. Then last night I told him I took a sleeping pill so I might fall asleep (I wanted the texting to end)He goes on to tell me no pills work for him so he takes Seroquel and used to take Depakote, and also takes valium.... I was like "woah"! Um, those are anti-psychotics. All my homecare sundowning patietns I used to get Seroquel ordered because it helped the hallucinations.

Now I have this stage 5 jobless crazy clinger. And one of my big faults is I don't know how to let people down because I am so scared of hurting them. But I cannot do this. My luck with this online dating [censored] and I really think over the years I have put my due diligence into this and I deserve an online dating break and have a nice normal guy! Not a priest, not a perv, not a cheap as heck rich guy, not an exW hater, not a jobless psycho...

AHHHHHHH! I am so frustrated with just about everything in my life right now! The universe needs to throw me a freakin' bone!

Then I have to go to the doctor to get my meds refilled. My doc who I love didn't have any appts so I had to see the PA and I do not like her. She gives me crap and is condescending. yes, I take Xanax to sleep. No, no other sleeping pills work for me. Yes, I am aware that I am at increased risk for dementia. Yes, I have tried Bellsorma but it is not covered under my insurance. Then I ask if she could increase my AD's. She asked me what I take them for. I just stare at her. She stares back. DEPRESSION. I tell her in a very deadpan way. "well... sometimes people take them for anxiety." I said "you just asked me if I take the Xanax for anxiety and I said no!" (I didn't say that, my look and tone of voice sure did). Then she asked me why I think I need an increase. I looked at her and said "because I am more depressed, I have had a rough year, the holidays aren't good for me, and due to my surgery, my usual coping mechanism of exercise is out". I figured this was enough. Nope, she wanted to know everyone of my symptoms. I swear, I almost smacked her.

Going through my divorce I was never actually depressed. It only came on in the last two years when I realized the things I had hope for after my divorce wasn't happening. When I lost hope. With every attempt at yet another failed relationship. I never wanted to be on AD's and I always coped very well with all the crap that has been thrown at me. I am just at the point I can't handle it all on my own anymore.

There is my huge vent.

Positive note, yesterday in PT I did jogging high knees. I haven't lifted my feet off the ground like that since the jump that caused my injury. I had 121 degrees flexion. My PT saw I was down with my progress and she pushed me yesterday. I am glad she did. I felt a little accomplished. I am getting them a really nice gift when I leave. The other night, I was on the bike, and 2 therapists and the assistant were doing state capitals with D10. They treat her so good. My PT asked me last night if I like OWW. I explained what happened and I said I'll never excuse what she did, but as long as she is treated good, it's all I need.

A
A
Sheesh Ginger. If you keep going down the evolutionary ladder on online dating you'll end up viewing either my or doodler's profiles.

If you see one about a boring guy who wears bow ties or one that is rapturous about Venetian plaster - run don't walk the other way!

Have you ever tried one of those burner phone apps? They are aimed at people who need a disposable number. Drug dealers, people selling artwork out of their mother's basement and people doing online dating.

Oh and we wouldn't be compatible anyway since S23 keeps eating all the hummus laugh

On BD
H52, W50
T27, M26
S21, D23
BD-9-Mar-16
D-15-Jan-18 Final-19-Apr-18
I am a storyteller. The story may do you no good.
But a story is never for the listener. It is always for the one who tells
D
D
AndrewP,

You made me laugh so hard that I farted; sitting right here in the office. Someone threatened to set-off the fire alarm. In fact, I think I might have to go home and have my mom change my clothes.

I do want to clarify a few things. First, I'm so far down the evolutionary ladder that there aren't any more rungs on the ladder to go down. I'm the primordial slime. In other words, keep the soap and sanitizer handy.

Second, I only wear bow ties when I'm not dressed-up like Lady Gaga (my mom dresses me). So, I very rarely wear bow ties.

Third, Venetian plaster is rapturous; I see Jesus every time apply Venetian plaster. Unfortunately, he tries to ignore me and I hate that. (By the way, do you know the difference between doodler and God? God doesn't think he's doodler.)

Admittedly, I am any woman's dating nightmare. Toothless trailer women run from me. But, that's not the worst of it. The worst part is that I'm actually proud of it, which takes us back to the primordial slime. I'm holding on to the hope that one day some kind woman will allow me to stick my tongue in her mouth. I the meantime, I've got to take care of these squishy pants. I'll call mom and let her know I'm on the way home.

Page 5 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 10 11

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard