Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 7 of 11 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 10 11
G
Ginger1 Offline OP
OP Offline
G
Juju,
I used to hugely overanalyze profiles and I figured I might be missing out on someone great because I really didn't get to know them or their story and I wonder if many do that to me too. But I guess this went the right way. I gave a chance, found out things that didn't work for me, and I ended it before we even met. The profiles are godawful around here, and no one would make it if I didn't give a chance. ANd maybe it is better that way. I am glad you have had a good first experience so far. He sounds great and you guys seem really compatible.

Bar guy did end of texting. he said he put his daughter to bed and fell asleep next to her. We chatted a little and he is quite the dedicated loving father. He said his custody schedule is every 3 days because he couldn't handle the thought of not seeing her for 5 days in a row. Awwww! ANyways, he said he was tired and he was going to bed early for a change. I simply said goodnight.

I worry so much about making a mistake in the beginning. I work myself up. I am totally going to let him make the moves. I saw a psychic a few months back who said I am going to find someone in November. She said I had to do it different this time and not do all the work and let them put the effort forth. That will be the game changer for this one.

We shall see. Not getting my hopes up, just going with the flow. I know for the future my pick up line will involve French fries.

S
S
Hi Ginger, I would definitely try not to overthink it and don't give it much headspace - either it will move forward or it won't - but stay in your groove either way.

Slow is good IMHO - spend a little time getting to know someone and they you - without investing too much.

Relax and enjoy yourself and have fun!

Xx

T 13 M 7
Me 48 H 46
SS 15
BD 7.14 PA
D final 5.16 (H filed)

We receive & we lose, and must try to achieve gratitude & embrace with whole hearts whatever of life that remains after the losses - Dubus
D
D
Originally Posted By: Ginger1
I saw a psychic a few months back who said I am going to find someone in November.

I had to reach back into my repertoire of chick-flicks and I found "Sweet November." You're supposed to hook-up with a stressed-out business dude that just broke-up with his girlfriend.

I consulted the Magic 8-Ball on your behalf and it responded with, "Concentrate and ask again." I hate that f*cking Magic 8-Ball.

D
D
Oh Ginger! Sometimes I swear we are twins (except I get the feeling you are far thinner and prettier than me, but I digress). I SO know what you mean with this online dating thing. I, too, feel like I have more than paid my dues and yet I continue to find frogs, frogs and more frogs. Not one decent guy in the lot. At this point, I think I'm holding out to find doodler on one of these sites, because at least I know he's actually divorced and employed (or so he says on here anyway....;) ). LOL

I feel your "pain" lady, honestly I do. I hope the bar guy works out for you. I just keep telling myself that what is meant to be will find its way. I hope that for you, too, sweet lady. There is a fantastic dude out there who is going to find you at the right time. Try to hang in there until he does.

Me 52, H53
Bomb drop 9/29/2014
Divorce from XH final 12/17/2014
Marriage #2 12/31/2019
5 adult (step)daughters (3 from XH's first marriage, 2 from current H's previous relationships)
6 grandkids
D
D
Originally Posted By: Dawn70
...I know he's actually divorced and employed (or so he says on here anyway....;) ).

I'm very much employed. I work as a Walmart greeter during the week and I'm a sign spinner for Firehouse subs on the weekend. In addition, I plan to open my own Magic 8-Ball boutique. (I'm looking for investors; it's a wonderful opportunity.)

D
D
Originally Posted By: doodler
...I know he's actually divorced and employed (or so he says on here anyway....;) ).

I'm very much employed. I work as a Walmart greeter during the week and I'm a sign spinner for Firehouse subs on the weekend. In addition, I plan to open my own Magic 8-Ball boutique. (I'm looking for investors; it's a wonderful opportunity.)

A job is a job, doodler and you have 2 so that's good on you. And, I think the Magic 8 ball boutique sounds like a fabulous opportunity. Let me make some calls about cashing in my stock portfolio and I'll get back to you. wink

Me 52, H53
Bomb drop 9/29/2014
Divorce from XH final 12/17/2014
Marriage #2 12/31/2019
5 adult (step)daughters (3 from XH's first marriage, 2 from current H's previous relationships)
6 grandkids
D
D
And, I think the Magic 8 ball boutique sounds like a fabulous opportunity. Let me make some calls about cashing in my stock portfolio and I'll get back to you. wink

Dawn,

I consulted the Magic 8-Ball and it said, "RIGHT ON BABEEEE!!!"

G
Ginger1 Offline OP
OP Offline
G
Sotto, thank you for your valuable advice. I so want to be "whatever" about all of this, but this is pretty much the first time I have gotten excited about something in a very long time. I am keep my expectations at nil and if it happens it happens, if it doesn't it doesn't, but I am not doing very good at that take, but I am trying! But yes, I really want a nice natural easy pace this time. I am in no rush here.

We were texting last night for a while and the convo was really good. Then out of no where no response at all. I left it alone. He was at a bar, and was drinking and I confess, this morning, I asked if he got home safe. he said he did. Then he eventually asked me what my schedule looked like for this week. I thought finally he was going to ask me out when I told him. His reply? "Oh, that's nice". WTF?! Even when we were talking last night and he mentioned a new resturaunt he had lunch at by me that day and I said I would have to try it, and he said "I'd love to join you" Then doesn't ask me! I asked him what his schedule looked like this week and I said I said some niceties and that was that and I haven't heard from him for like 2 hours.

Look, I get it, neither of us should be acting eager. But I hate games. Dude, do you want to take me out, or no? I know FF was too much too fast, but I appreciated the fact he never left me guessing or wondering.

Oh Dawn, I think we have both more than paid our dues and shouldn't have to go through these games anymore. I am a believer in what is meant to be will find me. That's why I am really really trying to just go with the flow and whatever happens, happens. If it's meant ot be, it will be.

For a second, I thought maybe this was the universe saying "here you go, Ginger, I know you have been waiting" but I know I can't think that way,

But ughhhh. I wish he would just ask me out or not. I seriously think he is trying to play it all cool, and then I am trying to play it all cool and this is what's happening.

S
S
Patience... smile

T 13 M 7
Me 48 H 46
SS 15
BD 7.14 PA
D final 5.16 (H filed)

We receive & we lose, and must try to achieve gratitude & embrace with whole hearts whatever of life that remains after the losses - Dubus
G
Ginger1 Offline OP
OP Offline
G
Ohhh, I am trying Sotto! We did tect for a little while yesterday, then around 4:30 he left me hanging and NOTHING. Like he just kind of disappears without a "talk to you later" So I left it alone. This morning I got an apology text saying that he didn't want me to think he blew me off but he was driving a distance to have diner with a old high school friend and got home late. We have been texting all morning.

Still trying to remain patient waiting for him to ask me out!

Page 7 of 11 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard