Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 6 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
P
pinn Offline OP
OP Offline
P
Hello my DB'ing friends. Happy weekend!

Yesterday WW came by and we finally got to finishing off our D paper work. It has been a while since I posted details. But after she gave me the same spiel for the third time in early August, I decided it was over (I really decided way back in January). So I started doing all the paper work myself and we decided that we would do a joint petition, no lawyers, keep everything very simple. It was very civil. She wanted literally nothing.

Basically, all she had to do was sign some papers, get them notarized with me and then I would go drop them off at the court. She blew me off a few times but finally yesterday, we got them done.

Lots and lots of tears on her part. I actually felt bad. She said 'this is not what she wants'. That is the same exact line she said on BD day 2.5 years ago, except that was talking about our marriage. HA! Lot of regret and sorrow on her part. She said it's all happening so fast. I told her this is the right thing to do because I cannot make her happy. Then she really cried and again called me the perfect husband (I HATE when she uses that line). Anyway, we got through it, got them notarized and then went for an hour long walk or so. It was fine.

The weird thing is.... I felt no emotions during all of this. Nothing. Not sadness, obviously not glee. At one point, she looked up at me and asked if I was going to cry. I just said... no. I just wasn't close to crying. How strange right? I guess that is another sign for me that this is 100% the right thing.

Then she left and she texts me how sad she is. How life was so good with me, how she wishes she did things differently and she has so much regret. I just validated as best I could but really did not know what to say. Then I dropped the papers off at the court. So I guess this will all be over soon for me as long as I did everything correctly.

Crazy! But I am looking forward to starting things over. All ready have lots of plans. I have to make some good 2018 goals. My confidence is now growing by the day... I like it! I am way, waaay more social than I was 2.5 years ago... I like that too!

Enjoy the weekend! Half marathon tomorrow ;-)

T
T
Pinn,

Sorry to hear that things came down tobthis. But I am glad you wasn't crying with your W. All those tears and she could have stopped this whole thing if she wanted. So those tears are meaningless.

MR: 15 T:17
Me: 37 W: 34
S14
BD/PA/EA: 12/2016
S
S
Hi Pinn, difficult discussions with your W, but I'm glad to read how positive you are and that you are looking to the future with excitement.

I'm hoping dancing may be in the mix for you somewhere too....and I'm sensing that 2018 is going to be a good year for you!

Xx

T 13 M 7
Me 48 H 46
SS 15
BD 7.14 PA
D final 5.16 (H filed)

We receive & we lose, and must try to achieve gratitude & embrace with whole hearts whatever of life that remains after the losses - Dubus
P
pinn Offline OP
OP Offline
P
Thanks Tread... but don't be sorry! Trust me, this was me pushing this. If it were up to her, I think I would be in the same spot for years. It has already been 2.5 years!!!! BTW, she will never see me shed a tear ever again.

Hey Sotto. Yes! I have to put dancing on my list! I need to get some rhythm! I am going to do it.. I promise you that. I think 2018 is going to be fantastic. I am excited about it.

I am just sky high right now. Funny, I was feeling great right before she came back, meh as we were hanging out for a year, and then great when she is gone again. Interesting right?!? I am just so much more confident and out going now. Enjoying life. I am not sure if she sucked some of that away during our 20 year ordeal or what. She mentioned my changes numerous times. She would say stuff like..."who are you" or "do I even know you"?

I did a volunteer day with people from work where we took 3-4 yr old inner city kids to a farm for apple picking. That is a whole story in itself, but our group leader, who does not work with us and I didn't know was gorgeous, really pretty. I figured she must have a good heart if she was the leader for this volunteer day. So I chatted with her over the course of the day and then got her number. Nice, way to go! We chatted a bit since and turns out she is 24.. HAHA! whoops! She didn't look it! She looked late 20's easy. So nothing going on there but it boosts the confidence a bit. My age radar is completely off. That's the second time that has happened this month.

I do feel bad for WW though in a way. I mean nothing is changing, we are over. But if she really does regret everything she has done, then man, that is a tough thing to live with the rest of your life right? I still care for her and want her to have a good life, but man does she seem to be a mess.

Anyway, that is it for me!

P
pinn Offline OP
OP Offline
P
ugh! Already received the court date after dropping the papers off last week... December 8th. eeeeekkkk! That's fast! Everyone told me 4-6 months... guess not. Welp.. at least this will knock one of my rest of 2017/18 goals off the list.

When I got the letter it was like a punch in the gut. Weird feeling since I am the one who pushed for this. Just very sad. It didn't have to be this way. It knocked me down for about an hour and had to give myself a mini pep talk to shake it off. I have a halloween party tonight!! Can't be in a blah mood for that!

Maybe the swiftness of it is a weird sign that this is the right thing... hmmmm...

D
D

Everything will be fine. Have fun at the party!

P
pinn Offline OP
OP Offline
P
That is true doodler! Everything will be all good. Party was a great time per usual! Time to make waves in 2018! Time is moving too fasssst

P
pinn Offline OP
OP Offline
P
Hey DB'rs. Happy almost Thanksgiving here in the US!

I have GAL activity for ya'll... indoor rock climbing. It is really fun, hard and a great work out! There is a great social atmosphere associated with it. You meet a lot of new people fast. It is extremely co-ed oriented. I would say it is split 50-50 in terms of sex. That was surprising too me! Anyway... go give it a try!

V
V
Originally Posted By: pinn
Hey DB'rs. Happy almost Thanksgiving here in the US!

I have GAL activity for ya'll... indoor rock climbing. It is really fun, hard and a great work out! There is a great social atmosphere associated with it. You meet a lot of new people fast. It is extremely co-ed oriented. I would say it is split 50-50 in terms of sex. That was surprising too me! Anyway... go give it a try!

Are you kidding? laugh

I just took up rock climbing. laugh

M
M
Climbing is just the best. Started a couple of months back and I’m addicted.

No one is coming to save you!

Page 6 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard