Gordie 40s W 40s M20+ kids
2016 BD W fantasy affair w OM1 I do everything wrong
2017 I start to DB W says TLTL files for D PA w OM2
2018 I do LRT W drops filing and OM2 situation slowly improving
S
SBJ Offline OP
OP Offline
S
I feel 20#'s heavier from the food and yes I've got some meat in the freezer. Wild Pork and a nice fat freezer queen. I will be able to go out a few more times before the end of the season.

There is nothing like being in nature to put life into true perspective. I hope everyone has a great Thanksgiving Holiday. I know they are rough times, but even though we are hurting, we have a ton to be thankful for..

Me 49 W46
T25 M22
S22 D18 S13
W had EA Apr-Jul 2016
Dropped Bomb 7/9/16
ILYBINILWYA
HER DIVORCE IS FINAL...8/18/17
Dropping the rope to SURVIVE & THRIVE!!!
S
SBJ Offline OP
OP Offline
S
I can't believe it has been a month since I posted on my thread, but I have been keeping up with others. Life is busy for us since it is the end of the year.

I hope and pray that we are all able to have a Happy, Blessed, and Merry Christmas.

but those who hope in the LORD will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint. - Isaiah 40:31

Update:

My oldest and I spent a long weekend hunting and I asked my ex if she'd drive my daughter over to tend to the pets...which she did. When I got home after 4 days away I walked into the house and something was different. I couldn't put my finger on it, but something. I then went to my bedroom and the lights were on. When I texted my daughter about it, she said that she had watched tv in my room while her mother was cleaning the kitchen and mopping. That's when it hit me what was different...not that the kitchen was dirty when I left, but she had shifted a few things that I had kind of moved around, back to where they had been previously...weird I know, but she also just tidied up a bit cleaning the stove, microwave and the oven. When I thanked my ex and told her that that was not necessary, she emphasized that it was not big deal, but that she did not go into our bedroom...it's funny that she thought that that would have bothered me. To me it is her bedroom.

They are living somewhere other than planet earth. I hope and pray that this Holiday Season some of our spouses will find their way home to the ones still standing or at least to the children that they have left behind.

Merry Christmas to you guys...

Me 49 W46
T25 M22
S22 D18 S13
W had EA Apr-Jul 2016
Dropped Bomb 7/9/16
ILYBINILWYA
G
G
That’s...odd. But...as you said, can’t try to understand what cannot be understood. Merry Christmas!

S
S
Sounds like it may be hard for her to accept - this is no longer my kitchen and SBJ will put his stuff where he likes these days..proprietorial still

T 13 M 7
Me 48 H 46
SS 15
BD 7.14 PA
D final 5.16 (H filed)

We receive & we lose, and must try to achieve gratitude & embrace with whole hearts whatever of life that remains after the losses - Dubus
S
SBJ Offline OP
OP Offline
S
I hope that everyone had as good of Christmas as they could have under their individual circumstances. To all of us on here, family is everything. I am trying to keep my family as close as possible during this holiday season and I pray that you all will do the same.

Our Christmas was as odd as ever. My in-laws (divorced) each invited me to their Christmas parties. I decided that if I was invited that I would go to them both. They have all been may family for 26 years. If it made the ex uncomfortable then I guess that was a plus, but it did not. I am the class clown and am as sarcastic as they come, so we laughed and cut up together and things went well. After an appropriate amount of time I excused myself and went to visit with some of my family that were in town. I did not want to overstay my welcome, but I genuinely wanted to celebrate with them. Those parties were Friday and then on Sunday.

My youngest two spent Christmas eve with their mother and on Christmas morning my oldest and I went to her place for breakfast and for all of the kids to open gifts. It was a great morning. Kind of felt normal. After several hours I excused myself to go and get some things done at home while the kids stayed with their mother.

I picked them up in the evening for my families Christmas party. We did have a good time, but I felt like something was missing. It is tough shuttling the kids from house to house to house during the holidays.

May 2018 be the year of joy and happiness for so many of us that are going thru these daily trials. I pray that everyone has a Happy New Year!!! I will surely raise a glass for each and every one of you that I have developed a kinship with over the last year and a half. God Bless you all!

Me 49 W46
T25 M22
S22 D18 S13
W had EA Apr-Jul 2016
Dropped Bomb 7/9/16
ILYBINILWYA
job Offline
You sound like you had a nice Christmas and I am glad you could enjoy yourself at the in-laws.

Wishing you a Happy New Year and may is bring you peace.

Sit quietly, the answers will reveal themselves when you least expect them to.
The past is gone, the present is a gift and you need to focus on today, allow the future to reveal itself when it is ready.
G
G
I’m impressed you can enjoy yourself with your ex at your ex in laws and be completely comfortable. Kudos.

I guess your oldest did not want to spend the night at mom’s? Is that because he or she finds that uncomfortable or just being a teen?

Feeling like something is missing? Yes, an intact family. We are all missing that but you are doing a great job in spite of that for you and your kids.

Merry Christmas to you too.

S
SBJ Offline OP
OP Offline
S
Hope everyone had an enjoyable new year's eve and a restful new year's day. I took all of my kids to a friend's neighborhood party and did the usual champagne and fireworks, but at 1230am we were spent and ready to head home. Football and relaxation was on the docket for the next day.

I am thinking about just leaving my Christmas decorations up until next Christmas...they are awesome! Just kidding, but will have to get them down this weekend.

Journaling:
So I got a call from my W's best friend last week. She and her H are going thru some problems and she believes that he is acting and doing the same things as the W did LY after BD. I listened to her for a good while, but couldn't tell her anything she didn't already know. She confided in me that she is praying for my W to wake up and go home.

Anyway, I get a call from the ex this morning on the drive to work. She was asking about the kids at first, but then wanted to tell me about her friend and all of the crazy things her husband is doing ,has done, and how selfish is is being. It was all I could do to keep my lips zipped. She went on to say she didn't know how anyone could treat someone so poorly after all they have done for them and their children. WOW! I guess she can't make the correlation with what she did to me and our family.

Secondly, she decided to open up to me about her 2 sisters. the oldest is in recovery again and the youngest (her past bestie) is dead to her. I just acknowledged her feelings and left it at that. In her mind, the failed relationship with her sister is all her sisters fault. There is no acceptance of anything on her part.

I pray everyone has a much better year than they had in 2017.

Me 49 W46
T25 M22
S22 D18 S13
W had EA Apr-Jul 2016
Dropped Bomb 7/9/16
ILYBINILWYA
G
G
SBJ,

That’s odd. Reminds me of a conversation with my stbx complaining about her friend’s infidelity. Amazing what they can and cannot see.

Interesting nonetheless she called you out of the blue to open up. I pray your XW can find her way home.

Happy 2018!

Page 3 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 10 11

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard