Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 5 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 10 11
T
T
Quote:
Out of body experience for sure. I took the kids over the weekend to check out the place and it was nice for them to have a first look and get them excited about how we're going to set up their rooms. This will ease their transition.

That is cool! I am sure they will adjust and learn to love it! I remember after I got punched in the face after BD and before I found this board I went shopping with my W and kids to IKEA to help them pick out furniture for their bedrooms. My W really played it up with the kids to get them excited. Told them about a movie theater that was close by, how the apartment had a nice swimming pool, there was an ice cream shoppe around the corner, etc. Obviously this is not the same situation but maybe if there is some exciting stuff close by that would be fun for your kiddos that might help them look forward to it.

Quote:
Yup yup!! Looking for a good squat rack that comes with a handle to do pull-ups as well. Let's see what they got available. I saw this awesome folding rack on Shark Tank called PRx, but it's ridiculously expensive.

Squat rack, a bench, some dumbells (so you can do curls for girls :)), straight bar and some plates you should be set!

Quote:
There are some routes that I auto-belay. I do have a buddy but his schedule is pretty busy so I go when I want and we make plans when he's free. Luckily there are some really hard auto-belays and I am working on one of them right now. Still a newbie at bouldering, but I've progressed pretty good in the last month. Still destroys my arms every time and I can only do 2-3 times. I've realized even though I have good muscle definition and broad shoulders, my strength and endurance is not up to par - so working on that. Aiming to do upside down bouldering by early 2018 smile

There is no way my 6'2 235 lb frame is hanging upside down smile I still to auto and manual belay. The first time I did auto it kind of scared me because you free fall for a split second. Very hard to trust!

Quote:
Hahaha! Well, one never hurts right? Drinking a craft beer so it's more for enjoying the flavor than getting buzzed wink

You should be buzzed by now!

Quote:
Yeah. I can see that happening for me by early 2018. I was looking at some stuff for my wardrobe and I know that with me being ripped, I could knock it out of the park looking dope. So, I'll see where I am at in January and then take it from there. At this point it might not be a bad idea to dip your feet and see how you feel. If it doesn't feel right, you can always scale back.

I won't do it until I am D'd or the papers are filed and it is just fulfilling the waiting period. In Texas it is 2 months so until then I guess I will just window shop.

I am starting to lose my patience though.......my wings are starting to flap! For some reason I believe the only way my W will realize that she lost me is if I file myself.

Married 14, Together 17
M: 44, W: 43, D: 8, D: 6
M: 46, W: 45. D: 10. D: 8 (CUR)
Bomb Dropped: 5/28/2017
Separation Date: 6/17/2017
Divorce Filed: 2/7/2018
Divorce Final: 4/12/2018
M
Maika Offline OP
OP Offline
M
MOVING DAY!!!!!

Everything is ready for the movers. The day is going to be long but it will be over tonight and I can close the door on this chapter.

COMING SOON:

New home gym
Getting ripped
Setting up my new joint just how I like it
Zen and serenity

IN THE NEAR FUTURE:

Outdoor adventures
Bedroom escapades wink

No one is coming to save you!

T
T
Maybe your new spot can be featured on the next episode of Cribs???

I know it is hard and is full of mixed emotions. Just try to stay positive and focus on the future, try not to look back at what was or what could have been. Try to stay in the present!

Married 14, Together 17
L
L
Dude,

Again IMO your are on the right track and have your $hit together. You have your entire life ahead. Enjoy what is about to happen to you in the near future!

M
Maika Offline OP
OP Offline
M
Haha! If I get on cribs ladies be lining out the door. LOLZ!

I'm feeling pretty positive today. Thanks for the pick me up. I'm staying in the present and looking forward to setting up my joint.

Angry packing helped get out last of the emotions I had with the matrimonial home. But now I feel like a single dude ready to become even more awesome and get some attention for it.

M
Maika Offline OP
OP Offline
M
Thanks LH. I'm ready for happiness and the world is my filet mignon

T
T
Make sure you put up some white xmas lights around the bedroom for some ambiance. The ladies love it when you set the mood!

Married 14, Together 17
M
Maika Offline OP
OP Offline
M
Haha!!! Great tip J dawg.

Looking up on google - "how to turn master bedroom into a love den"

T
T
You could get the ice cycle type and hang them from the ceiling! Or you could wrap them around your bedroom rope swing!

Married 14, Together 17
M
Maika Offline OP
OP Offline
M
Moving Day went good. Movers were super efficient and got it done in under 5 hours.

I expected to feel really cut up and raw about it all, but I felt fine. I think all the emotions associated with the home came out during the packing phase.

The new place is a total mess lol with everything everywhere, but I have time now to put things together. I tackled the kids room last night and got it ready enough for them to sleep tonight.

Went to the old home for a last look to see if I had missed anything late in the evening. Cracked open a beer in the back porch and a had a few smokes and just reflected. It seemed surreal. Had our whole life planned with the kids growing up in this wonderful home and creating the family life and experiences to last a lifetime - all destroyed in a few months. It's just unbelievable that this option was the better one for W rather than taking time to work with me.

I feel getting angry just writing this, but I am going to have to focus on processing it away.

So much of this is her fault too and as AS said in the other thread, my fog has been coming off and I am seeing things that were not good in the MR.

I really don't know if I can go through a recon with her if she ever wanted it. I know so clearly now what I need in a partnership and the things that I can improve on and the things that I can't change about myself. So, when I put that balance out, I don't see myself with W unless she does some massive amount of work. Even then, I may just be spent.

I am really tired this morning and I think the emotional burden of the home will finally drop once I sign the papers with the lawyers today and the home is officially possessed by the new owners tomorrow.

Fatigued, but positive about myself and life for me.

Page 5 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 10 11

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard