Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 6 10 11
S
S
Packing up things can be an emotional experience, especially when those boxes represent the end of something. I've had the painful task of sorting & packing through personal belongings to family members after their deaths. Once the large articles were gone, something that really stood out to me were the few boxes of sentimental pieces of their life. I remember having the thought, "Is this it?" "A lifetime can be stored away in a few boxes?"

All I know to recommend is to get through as quickly as possible.

((hugs))

It is not about what you feel should work in your M. It is about doing the work that gets the right results. Do what works!
M
Maika Offline OP
OP Offline
M
Thanks for the virtual hugs Sandi. Last night was not good for my mental and emotional sanity. There is just so much history and it just got swept aside like it was nothing. Really hard not to feel disposable and discarded.

However, I am in better spirits this morning. I have a lot of work to do and then finish packing and movers come in tomorrow. I am looking forward to my new place though, but there's this sense of finality with leaving the matrimonial home. I am sure it will linger for a bit and I will have to process it.

No one is coming to save you!

T
T
Sorry M...hopefully you will find some peace in your new place once you get settled. Make sure you get the home gym set up stat so you can work out your frustrations.

((a big virtual man hug))

Married 14, Together 17
M: 44, W: 43, D: 8, D: 6
M: 46, W: 45. D: 10. D: 8 (CUR)
Bomb Dropped: 5/28/2017
Separation Date: 6/17/2017
Divorce Filed: 2/7/2018
Divorce Final: 4/12/2018
M
Maika Offline OP
OP Offline
M
Thanks for the words and bro hug J dawg. Truly appreciate it. Yeah, i think this moving is like being in an in-between zone, not exactly in the old, but not fully in the new. Moving is done tomorrow and then I will feel that I can work on closing that chapter of my life.

That home gym is priority # 1 for sure. I am planning on going next week to the fitness stores to price shop and find the best deals. I already have a list of stuff that I want to pick up.

GAL will also come back up in the next few weeks once the new place gets more settled and I can start transitioning to this new life with both feet firmly planted. Still going climbing on the regular, which has been amazing for my head. The other night, instead of having thoughts about what the hell did W do with all of this earth shattering mess, I was just thinking about how I am going to tackle some specific climbing and bouldering routes. It was awesome to have something positive occupy your mind.

I am blasting some great upbeat music to keep my spirits up and one thing about packing with no one around is I can crank up the volume, walk around with a beer, and put some $hit in boxes, and nobody to bother me.

I was venting to a friend last night too and she sent me an amazing quote:

"Left a life of certain chaos for the chaos of an uncertain life". It's from the novel Kite Runner.

I think it describes really well this post BD stage, but I want to add to that story with a positive note. I may be entering the chaos of an uncertain life right now, but I will transform it into a peaceful and electrifying life.

J
J
Originally Posted By: Maika
Thanks for the words and bro hug J dawg. Truly appreciate it. Yeah, i think this moving is like being in an in-between zone, not exactly in the old, but not fully in the new. Moving is done tomorrow and then I will feel that I can work on closing that chapter of my life.

That home gym is priority # 1 for sure. I am planning on going next week to the fitness stores to price shop and find the best deals. I already have a list of stuff that I want to pick up.

GAL will also come back up in the next few weeks once the new place gets more settled and I can start transitioning to this new life with both feet firmly planted. Still going climbing on the regular, which has been amazing for my head. The other night, instead of having thoughts about what the hell did W do with all of this earth shattering mess, I was just thinking about how I am going to tackle some specific climbing and bouldering routes. It was awesome to have something positive occupy your mind.

I am blasting some great upbeat music to keep my spirits up and one thing about packing with no one around is I can crank up the volume, walk around with a beer, and put some $hit in boxes, and nobody to bother me.

I was venting to a friend last night too and she sent me an amazing quote:

"Left a life of certain chaos for the chaos of an uncertain life". It's from the novel Kite Runner.

I think it describes really well this post BD stage, but I want to add to that story with a positive note. I may be entering the chaos of an uncertain life right now, but I will transform it into a peaceful and electrifying life.

That is an amazing quote M. I totally get the angry packing phase.

I definitely went through that, along with an angry home repair phase. once you get stuff moved, I think you will enjoy unpacking and making your place 'yours'

I struggled for a bit to find my own style. I questioned whether it was really 'me' or was I styling based off the MR.

It gets easier.

Married 9: Together 11
M:37 W:35
S:2 D:7
Bomb dropped 6/3/2017
W moved out 7/1/2017
Separation Filed: 8/1/2017
Modified to Divorce: 8/21/2017
Divorced: 10/5/2017
T
T
Quote:

I understand, these last 4 months for me have been like an out of body experience. Have your kids seen the new place? What do they think?

Quote:

Sweet.....load up on the 45's! Your gonna crush them!

Quote:

Do you auto-belay or do you go with someone that belay's you? Or are you really good and do the bouldering stuff and hang upside down?

Quote:

Not sure what time zone you are in but isn't it a little early for a beer? smile

Quote:

That is sweet.....it's like your just transferring your energy mentally.
Quote:

I agree, I am starting to get excited about dating again and the possibilities of meeting someone new. I am entering month number 4 and I am struggling with holding myself back. I am starting to feel as though I am ready to move on.

Married 14, Together 17
M
Maika Offline OP
OP Offline
M
Quote:
I understand, these last 4 months for me have been like an out of body experience. Have your kids seen the new place? What do they think?

Out of body experience for sure. I took the kids over the weekend to check out the place and it was nice for them to have a first look and get them excited about how we're going to set up their rooms. This will ease their transition.

Quote:
Sweet.....load up on the 45's! Your gonna crush them!

Yup yup!! Looking for a good squat rack that comes with a handle to do pull-ups as well. Let's see what they got available. I saw this awesome folding rack on Shark Tank called PRx, but it's ridiculously expensive.

Quote:
Do you auto-belay or do you go with someone that belay's you? Or are you really good and do the bouldering stuff and hang upside down?

There are some routes that I auto-belay. I do have a buddy but his schedule is pretty busy so I go when I want and we make plans when he's free. Luckily there are some really hard auto-belays and I am working on one of them right now. Still a newbie at bouldering, but I've progressed pretty good in the last month. Still destroys my arms every time and I can only do 2-3 times. I've realized even though I have good muscle definition and broad shoulders, my strength and endurance is not up to par - so working on that. Aiming to do upside down bouldering by early 2018 smile

Quote:
Not sure what time zone you are in but isn't it a little early for a beer?

Hahaha! Well, one never hurts right? Drinking a craft beer so it's more for enjoying the flavor than getting buzzed wink

Quote:
I agree, I am starting to get excited about dating again and the possibilities of meeting someone new. I am entering month number 4 and I am struggling with holding myself back. I am starting to feel as though I am ready to move on.

Yeah. I can see that happening for me by early 2018. I was looking at some stuff for my wardrobe and I know that with me being ripped, I could knock it out of the park looking dope. So, I'll see where I am at in January and then take it from there. At this point it might not be a bad idea to dip your feet and see how you feel. If it doesn't feel right, you can always scale back.

J
J
I love that Kite Runner quote and expanded on it.

I left:

A life of certain chaos for the chaos of an uncertain life

A life of what could have been for a life of what could be

A life of slumbering nightmares for a life of awakening dreams.

A life of reflecting on the past for a life of gazing to the future.

This is what DBing has done for me personally. It hasn't helped my MR, but it helped me. I'm proud to read how well you are doing.

Married 9: Together 11
M:37 W:35
S:2 D:7
Bomb dropped 6/3/2017
W moved out 7/1/2017
Separation Filed: 8/1/2017
Modified to Divorce: 8/21/2017
Divorced: 10/5/2017
T
T
What a great quote!

Married 14, Together 17
M
Maika Offline OP
OP Offline
M
Those are some good spinoffs from the original quote Jmstl. When I have some time, I may add on to your list.

Page 4 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 6 10 11

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard