Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 9 of 11 1 2 7 8 9 10 11
M
M
That's a depressing story. I hope she's happier now.

Me42, H40
D12, S8, S7
A revealed: 7/13
Sep 4/14; Agreed to D 1/15

She believed she could, so she did.
G
OP Offline
G
Aw, sorry Maybell. I wasn't trying to be depressing. I have just seen several women in my life who don't take someone at their word when it comes to life goals.

I know on this site we say to not believe anything they say and only half of what they do. However, my experiences when it comes to general dating is that if a guy ever said to me that he didn't want to get married or have kids, I took it one of two ways. A) he didn't want those things or B) he didn't see himself doing those things with me. Either way, I felt no desire to convince them otherwise. Some of the women I know will always say "he may come around " (whatever that means or "he may change his mind." Both may be true. My personality was not to be the one to test those theories out ;-). But I see many women do that and on occasion, a guy as well.

3 kids
BD 12/15/13 (IDKIILY. )
Rope dropped Cirque du Soleil style
D final 9-9-14
"Some people are born on 3rd base and go through life thinking they hit a triple." Barry Switzer
D
D
GB, I love your mindset where the new guy is concerned. I've been trying to get to that place myself, not necessarily in relation to a man, but just in relation to life in general. We only get one ride and I want it to be a great one and I don't want to put my life on hold for anyone or anything. I think that is just a fantastic outlook.

Me 52, H53
Bomb drop 9/29/2014
Divorce from XH final 12/17/2014
Marriage #2 12/31/2019
5 adult (step)daughters (3 from XH's first marriage, 2 from current H's previous relationships)
6 grandkids
G
OP Offline
G
Thanks everyone. It was basal cell so I had a 2nd (1st was years ago when I was pregnant) moh's surgery. The surgeon I saw for both is one of the top in the nation so I asked for his best work a 2nd time. I'm all bandaged up on the face and stitches come out on Thursday. I wear 50 sunblock , hats, etc, however, they believe I just happen to be more prone DNA wise because I'm not your "typical" skin cancer patient-even though anyone can get it.

NG picked me up from my surgery. X Mr. GB's parents were visiting me and asked what was wrong with him and why I was such a magnet for depressed, anxious peeps. I told them it must be my effervescent personality and charm:-). Actually, I'm the fun girl (well, older chick st this stage) so I do have a tendency to attract people who are a bit more reserved. New guy has been telling me how much he loves me and has missed me, but I have to ease into this again. Hard to describe. I empathize with him. I do. However, I also have a tendency to get exasperated with all of the depressed and anxious folks in my life. I know it's difficult. But.....eh.

New job is going well. I manage a team of 16 and for the most part, they are a fantastic group. Trying to find a junk hauler and renting a dumpster. Time to cleanse. And definitely ready for FB.

Hugs everyone.

3 kids
BD 12/15/13 (IDKIILY. )
D final 9-9-14
"Some people are born on 3rd base and go through life thinking they hit a triple." Barry Switzer
G
OP Offline
G
It's time for an update. Job? Good. Kids? Good. Although they were out of school due to the hurricane last week. New guy? He's got a lot on his plate (he's working 3 jobs). We hang out on occasion and have fun but I don't consider it a relationship. I mean it is of sorts but nothing serious. Although, I think he still does. Eh. Everything will reveal itself I suppose.

I am still massively hung up on the guy that works with my friend. I am insanely physically attracted to him but sadly it's not reciprocated. I experience that so very very infrequently (physical/sexual attraction of any kind) that the feeling confuses me. Must. Work through. That.

And I had to go out of town for work today. Ex Mr. GB is staying at house and was there about 9 am. He was snoozing on the couch when I got back from Starbucks and I swear I thought "caca! This is just like when we were married." I worked at my desk. Him at his. We had a few laughs and I left this afternoon for my work trip. Weird. Who would have thought 3 1/2 years later a day would look like today? But it did.

Waving the positive wand to everyone.

3 kids
BD 12/15/13 (IDKIILY. )
D final 9-9-14
D
D
Great update, GB! Sounds like things are going your way. Good for you, lady.

Me 52, H53
Bomb drop 9/29/2014
Divorce from XH final 12/17/2014
Marriage #2 12/31/2019
5 adult (step)daughters (3 from XH's first marriage, 2 from current H's previous relationships)
6 grandkids
G
OP Offline
G
Hi Everyone,

I’m outta town for work and catching up. I had fried avocado and crawfish for dinner. Thank goodness for stretchy pants.

New job is good. Keeps me on my toes. I do love working from home. I had a fun girl’s night out in Nashville last week. I was a 23 yr old guy magnet. I must remind them of their mother 😜. New guy is being very attentive. Well, it’s been over a year but he’s reaching out more after retreating for a couple of months. I have faith in the universe that things will reveal themselves.

X Mr.GB says I will love his new gf and that she’s EXACTLY like me. I said she doesn’t have 3 kids (or any kids) or been married so we have that gap. He reaches out a lot now mostly to chat-not kid related. Oh well. It’s all good now.

I have all of these great boots to wear and I can’t bring myself to wear them in 90 weather. Hoping everyone is well. Hugs!

3 kids
BD 12/15/13 (IDKIILY. )
D final 9-9-14
G
OP Offline
G
So......it’s time for an update.

For those of you following along with this windy saga called “The GB Chronicles”, l needed to have an outpatient procedure. Part was necessary and part was elective. If that makes me a vain person, so be it. I decided a long time ago that I would prefer to go out of this world happy versus having done things according to the way other people thought i should. :-) However I needed help so Ex Mr GB agreed. He came over on Sunday and was going to spend the week with me as I could not drive for several days.

He could not have been more helpful. He had to help me get dressed at the hospital and was very thoughtful this week. He took me for my follow lup and we end to lunch. He was discussing his new gf and that old gf couldn’t believe he moved on so quickly. I did not say this but I did wonder about ex gf. I believe she suffered from unicorn syndrome -meaning she thought she saved him. I actually do feel bad for her because I think people who operate with logic realize that dating someone who just moved out almost 12 year marriage two weeks before may not be in it for the long-haul. Not my issue. He was discussing new gf and how he wonders if there’s anything wrong with her. She lives across the country. And seems like a very sweet girl. All I said was that we are all flawed. And everything reveals itself in time.

There were a few times during this week that were exactly like when we were married. We laughed and poked fun at each other, and l was sure I would be sad. However, that wasn’t the case. I think I realize that things in life or just fluid. People love each other but that doesn’t necessarily mean anything or mean that they want to be with each other. It’s just a feeling and what I realized is that many people are always searching for something. They don’t think about the future. They don’t think about the long-haul. They’re just chasing that next something. They frequently think they’re in mortal or that there exempt from certain things happening to them. I felt that way at one time too. I was married. We didn’t believe in divorce except that wasn’t accurate. And I realize now how many people I know like this and it’s more prevailant in our culture. What’s next? Is it better? That won’t happen to me. I’ll just find someone else. Those thoughts. They aren’t wrong or bad- people are never wrong for what they feel. Feelings are feelings. But sometimes it leaves you wondering.

There must be something in the water. The new guy sent me an email last night saying that he realized things were so different between us now than they used to be and that things weren’t all unicorns and rockets anymore. That real life got in the way. And while I heard him I wasn’t exactly sure what he was saying. I think I’ve only seen him once in the last six weeks so I don’t consider myself with him. So I responded back with an agreement that it wasn’t necessarily a bad thing but that you can’t go back. Or I can’t go back. It’s just not who I am nor do I want to do so.

So like other people on the board, I decided to download the Bumble app. And immediately I was matched with almost 700 people. And after going through about 50 profiles, I deleted the app. I believe most people are kind and have good hearts. However, people are super flaky. And that’s just not something I have the capacity to deal with right now. No one owes me any explanations or anything -andI finally realize that. However, one has to be in a good place to do the things. And unlike other posters, GB would love a hot booty call. And no, I won’t get attached. 😜 I will revisit in a month or so.

So to sum it all up, it was interesting in about four years ago at this time my life was unraveling and I didn’t realize it. However, ex Mr. GB came and stayed with me for a week. And it was OK. Actually, it was good for me-in so many ways.

Hugs to everyone.

3 kids
BD 12/15/13 (IDKIILY. )
D final 9-9-14
G
OP Offline
G
Oh, I was hoping that 4 yr anniversary of BD would pass by and I would be “unscathed” by December 15th. Didn’t happen, gosh darn it. These last few days I have been a mess. On one hand, I look at x Mr.GB and I realize how exhausting he was. He reminds me of this frequently. On the other hand, if I’m being honest, I think many people are exhausting. And I hate saying this but I wish that I wasn’t divorced. I simply never saw that for myself and this very logical person struggles with that frequently. I hate admitting this but some days I just think, “Dizzam! Why couldn’t it be different?” And while on occasion it still bothers me that ex Mr. GB finally has a great job making awesome money, I realize it is what it is. Yes, I wish he would have been motivated to be employed more frequently while married it doesn’t really matter now. But when he reminds me that he felt suicidal when we were together, I think “was I that awful and couldn’t see it?” And while I very much believe in marriage, I struggle greatly with how I view relationships now. Will that change? It doesn’t seem like it although I suppose anything is possible.

I love my job. The kids are doing okay but I’m not sure what my deal is. Getting older doesn’t really bug me-it’s inevitable. However, because I’m rarely, rarely attracted to anyone then it $uck$ when it’s not reciprocated. Yes, it’s only been one person but I may not be attracted to anyone again. This is a reality.

Oh well. I’m a downer today. Hope everyone is having some fun this holiday season

3 kids
BD 12/15/13 (IDKIILY. )
D final 9-9-14
R
R
Originally Posted By: Georgiabelle
And while I very much believe in marriage, I struggle greatly with how I view relationships now. Will that change? It doesn’t seem like it although I suppose anything is possible.

I'm so glad you come back and post GB - you always make me feel not quite so alone. I'm genuinely happy and optimistic for people I know who are getting married or are in new relationships - but it just doesn't feel like it will ever be for me again. I'm sure a lot of it is a trust issue, but I honestly don't think I have the capacity for the fragility of romantic relationships anymore. Yet, there are certainly moments when I miss being married. If I'm being honest - it is mostly the practical advantages of marriage that I miss, and I will never, ever be okay with my children living apart from me part of the time.

Ex Mr. Raliced married his OW about 6 months ago. I felt at peace - really more of a feeling of "well that's settled". On the other hand he hid it from me for 6 months and enlisted the kids to keep it quiet. It's really depressing to think that I will have to deal with this for 12 more years and that my kids will probably have to navigate awkwardness for as long as we both shall live. I'm glad that you and Ex Mr. GB still get along as well as you do.

Enjoy the Season.

2 Ds: 7 and 4
BD and Sep: 7/14
Divorce Final 2/16
Page 9 of 11 1 2 7 8 9 10 11

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard