Print Thread
Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 10 11
#2757569 08/22/17 05:40 PM
C
Coly23 Offline OP
OP Offline
C
Previous Thread:

Leaving it up to God (but still interferring!)

Morning All! Welcome to my new thread. The title says it all. I think I am in this stage where I am starting to accept where I am in life. This sitch is one thing I know I can't control as it involves someone else's life, thoughts, feelings. I get it now. It's taken just over a year but hey who'se counting! whistle

From last thread: Thanks for your visit AP, Surv1ve and Ownit.

Surv1ve. I like the fact you did something fun by yourself on the anniversary of your commitment ceremony. If it sent a work day I might have done something with D as well. Still not sure on the pursuit thing. D said something similar in that the majority of the time he includes me in his texts to her. We will see....

Ownit. Yes I think you are right about needing to go through a year if events. It's my H's birthday in October and last year we didn't do anything like take him out to dinner. I just texted him. Anyway, we don't know where he lives so we can't send him anything even if we wanted to!

AP! Loved your Dad joke, so true! I hope never to meet a bear but I can't see that happening in Lille okd England except at the zoo!!

Journaling: last night I had a little cry. I felt a little lonely. D was being grumpy and refused to go to the gym even though I have just paid out for membership for her and then spent the rest of the evening sulking in her bedroom. She eventually came out and apologised. We talked it through and I felt better. Tonight I have all my family coming over for my birthday celebrations!!

Happy Wednesday everyone, it's my birthday!!!! grin

Last edited by job; 08/22/17 11:37 PM. Reason: Added link to previous thread

Me - 47
H - 45
D-16
M - 6 years
Separated - May 16

Don't leave me behind can't you see me I'm shining... (Years & Years - 'Shine')
O
O
Happy Birthday Coly!!! You will find acceptance a much nicer place (with frequent visits to the not nice place), but I guess that is how it works. I live with a sulky teen girl, not always fun but they do have their moments. You are doing so wonderfully. Let us hear more about the stuff for you though.

job Offline
Happy Birthday! I hope you are planning to do something extra special today.

Sit quietly, the answers will reveal themselves when you least expect them to.
The past is gone, the present is a gift and you need to focus on today, allow the future to reveal itself when it is ready.
A
A

Happy Birthday Coly! I hope you have a fabulous day. The future is spread out in front of you. Fortify yourself with some cake and a beverage of your choice and take your first dolly steps into it. We're all right beside you.

((((Coly23))))

On BD
H52, W50
T27, M26
S21, D23
BD-9-Mar-16
D-15-Jan-18 Final-19-Apr-18
I am a storyteller. The story may do you no good.
But a story is never for the listener. It is always for the one who tells
C
C
Happy birthday! Wish the Hampshire weather was better. Sounds like you are in the right path.

Me-54 H-49
T-1. M-7
BD 6/13 ILYBN I threw him out
OW - 3/13
OW2 on and off Overlap w/Ow1and OW3
OW3 - 8/17
H filed 1/17
W
W
Happy Birthday Coly! (((Cwtch)))

P
P
Happiest of birthdays to you, Coly! Hope you are able to make it a great day!

Me- 30's H- 40's
T-10 M-5
I moved out b/c he wanted space- June 15
D filed by H: September 16
C
Coly23 Offline OP
OP Offline
C
Thank you all so much for your birthday wishes! I really appreciate it!

I had such a lovely day starting with my D who got me a make up tutorial at Mac! Considering my age I am rubbish at makeup so I am really looking forward to it! Then when we got in to work I had flowers and champaign waiting for me from my colleagues. I was really moved. As I was born in the summer I was never at school for my birthday and as an adult I always took time off, however as D is working with me now I came in to work with her and actually I was really pleased I did because everyone made me feel so special!

After work my family came over and I got pizza for everyone. I had far too much to drink and eat but it was fab! I did get a text from H in the morning wishing me a happy birthday and I simply thanked him. Then later on in the evening I got another text from him asking if I had a good day and if D was nervous about her exam results which she is due to pick up tomorrow. I haven't responded to him because I don't feel the need to.

Anyway, that's another birthday over! I'm having a Caribbean inspired party on Saturday with rum cocktails! Can't wait!!

Me - 47
H - 45
D-16
M - 6 years
Separated - May 16

Don't leave me behind can't you see me I'm shining... (Years & Years - 'Shine')
B
B
Happy Birthday Coly !!!! xoxoxoxo {{{{{hugs}}}}}

M 20+ T25+
S ~15.5 (BD)
BD 4/6/15
D 12/23/16

"Someone I loved once gave me
A box full of darkness.
It took me years to understand,
That this too, was a gift."
~ Mary Oliver
O
O
Coly, you are and I are about the same age. I never wore makeup. After he left I started to as something to bond with D over (she loves makeup). Now I find that I enjoy doing it. I am constantly buying eye shadow and lipstick. Ultimately I decided to use a tinted moisturizer rather than a foundation. I have great skin and want to be able to see my freckles. Foundation is like wearing clay on your face.

Hope you enjoy the makeup consult and the Caribbean party.

Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 10 11

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard