Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 6 10 11
B
B
um ... ok, my dearest friend reads tarot and is a medium. the universe will not be upset by you putting stuff out there but you have to be comfortable before you do so.

there are a lot of ways to find answers. no one should judge anyone.

xoxoxo

M 20+ T25+
S ~15.5 (BD)
BD 4/6/15
D 12/23/16

"Someone I loved once gave me
A box full of darkness.
It took me years to understand,
That this too, was a gift."
~ Mary Oliver
C
C
Ummm...while visiting a friend in MA about the time XH started really acting questionable (about 8 yrs go, now), friend and I spent a day in Salem. I had my cards read by a guy. Looking back, he was SPOT ON. He was very specific, unlike most readings I've had. That was surprising to me, but so were some of the changes he saw coming up. I laughed about them in telling my friend because they seemed so out of the blue, but they have now happened. I don't know...and I'm ok with that.

M-51 H-54
2D-27 and 25
M-26 yrs
Bombshell and IHS 7-29-15
He moved out 10-3-15
D filed 1-27-16
D final 10-27-16

Kindness, kindness, kindness.
C
C
Ooh, I'm so interested in this stuff! Although, I had my palm read a few years ago and the guy said I would have three kids! Last time I counted I only seem to have one ... :0)

Me - 47
H - 45
D-16
M - 6 years
Separated - May 16

Don't leave me behind can't you see me I'm shining... (Years & Years - 'Shine')
P
Pax_luv Offline OP
OP Offline
P
Hi all,
Been a little bit since I've posted. Just been supper busy.

I love how supportive this board is. I've not shared the psychic visits with my family... They would have opinions about it, but I love how non-judgemental and supportive this space is. Thank you! Xoxo

Speaking of psychics... As I predicted would happen....Ex fired his lawyer and got a new one. I pray this one is not a malicious shark and helps bring ex down to earth in terms of the divorce process and reality of splitting things up. I'm both calm and nervous about it. Ah well.

Other than that, things continue to move ever forward. Mt Whitney is coming up. I have a volunteer medical mission after that. Then I need to continue to plan out the rest of the year and line up some more adventures/goals. Oh! Me and my girlfriend just got tickets to see brene brown in the fall. She's doing a book tour. That will be fun and enlightening and hopefully uplifting and centering. That will be the same day as "what should be" the final court date. Fingers crossed.

I have some more traveling I want to do, and I want to up my fitness game a little. So I have to start mapping that out. We shall see what happens!

I feel like I'm on the cusp of some more changes, but good changes. I'm actively being vetted for a another job which essentially would allow me to do my current job for the entire region vs the local work i currently do. It's exciting and I may not even have to move! Like I said, we shall see!

That's it for now. Just wanted to pop in and say hello. Hope you are doing well!

Me- 30's H- 40's
T-10 M-5
I moved out b/c he wanted space- June 15
D filed by H: September 16
S
S
Hi Pax, glad to hear things are going well for you. Truly, I think you have your life so well lined up that once the irksome D matters stop weighing you down, you'll truly fly.

Great news about the BB event - wow!! I'm going on a workshop in the Autumn, not run by her, but by one of a network of facilitators. I'm so looking forward to it!!

Hopefully the L change might bring a little more sense to the proceedings. In my situation, XH began by 'offering' me very little by way of a settlement. He regarded most of 'our' marital assets as 'his.'

Once he got a L, he seemed to accept how these things actually worked. And we had the added factors of - he seemed frantic to exit the M and start a new life/family - his L warned him of potentially huge (£60k+) legal bills for a contested D...

In the end, we agreed on the usual settlement in our circumstances - Total assets - XH takes what he came in with, so does Sotto. The rest gets divided 50/50.

The formula seemed to help and removed some of the emotion. We ended up with a single page spreadsheet showing how that would work...

Any ways, I know you are going to be just fine and I hope things resolve for you soon.

Take care Pax xx

T 13 M 7
Me 48 H 46
SS 15
BD 7.14 PA
D final 5.16 (H filed)

We receive & we lose, and must try to achieve gratitude & embrace with whole hearts whatever of life that remains after the losses - Dubus
L
L
Hi Pax,
My daughter and I went to hear B Brown speak a few years ago back before she got so famous- she is an amazing lady! I'm reading her brand new book right now and it's coming at a good time!

Sounds like you're in a good place! smile

M-60 H-51
M-14 years
BD 12/26/16
S 1/1/17

"First the pain, then the rising."
Glennon Doyle Melton

P
P
Thanks for the update Pax!

Good luck on Whitney! That's no joke! We look forward to hearing about it.

I had never heard of BB until I just did a quick search. Interesting! Is there a book in particular you would recommend?

I really hope the new lawyer turns out to be blessing. I know things have not being going smoothly, so hopefully this makes it a bit better. Hang in there!

This line from Sotto is great:

"Truly, I think you have your life so well lined up that once the irksome D matters stop weighing you down, you'll truly fly."

That's a fact!

C
C
Hey Pax, hopefully the new lawyer will help to make this D process a little less painful for you.

Like pinn I'm looking forward to hearing about Mt. Whitney!

Me - 47
H - 45
D-16
M - 6 years
Separated - May 16

Don't leave me behind can't you see me I'm shining... (Years & Years - 'Shine')
L
L
Hey Pinn,
Maybe try the BB Ted talk or Oprah Soul Sunday interview first. Her last 3 books IMHO are probably most relevant to those of us in our sitch. (Can't give the names on here as don't want to break DB rules, but her stuff is definitely not in conflict or competition with DB.)

M-60 H-51
M-14 years
BD 12/26/16
S 1/1/17

"First the pain, then the rising."
Glennon Doyle Melton

P
Pax_luv Offline OP
OP Offline
P
Hi guys,
Hope this week starts off beautifully for you all.

I feel so incredibly stupid. I tried to open an email dialogue about my dog with ex and it was a huge mistake. Well #1, I had to inform him of something re:dog, and I used it as an opportunity to open the dialogue about better coordination of dog care...which he shot down and then shot at me.

I'm just trying to collaborate on the dog's overall care and he basically rips me a new one. I can't get into it here...But apparently I'm an awful dog parent for removing the dog from his home. Wtf?!?!?!!?!

Stupid me woke up in the middle of the night to read his response and I'm just devastated. There will be no escaping his evilness, right? He's never gonna give up, right?

I don't have the nastiness in me to fight back and fight dirty. I never have.... I've been trying to move on from this relationship with grace and with my head held high, but he will stop at NOTHING to slam me and ensure that he wins.

What do I do? Seriously. I need help, please. He's a bully that won't go away.

I'm in bed clutching to my dog and sobbing my eyes out... Because I just have this fear that he might win. As crazy and far fetched as it first sounded.... I now truly fear that he will win and get full custody of the dog because of his twisted games.

I'm at such a loss.

Me- 30's H- 40's
T-10 M-5
I moved out b/c he wanted space- June 15
D filed by H: September 16
Page 4 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 6 10 11

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard