Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 11 of 11 1 2 9 10 11
D
D
Ginger,

I'm glad you got some of the crud out of your system. I understand some of what you're going through. The past few weeks I've had trouble staying focused on my tasks and projects; I haven't had the passion I usually have. But, I'm sure it'll return.

Hang in there, it'll get better.

Gotta run; my neighbor wants me to vacuum his house...

G
Ginger1 Offline OP
OP Offline
G
Originally Posted By: job
Ginger,

I am so sorry that you are feeling very down right now. Being a solo parent isn't easy and if you are in a repetitive type of position, that can eventually get very boring w/o mind stimulation. What would you consider to be an ideal job for you? What type of "mind" stimulation would be a good fit for you? Maybe it's time to think about doing something totally different.

I also think your recent injury has brought on a bit of depression because you can't go out and do the things you were doing. You feel stuck. It's time to think outside the box and find something that you can do that doesn't involve being "physically" challenged until you are healed. I am not familiar with the area that you live in, but there has to be some activities, such as wine and painting classes and yes, you can even take your daughter w/you and she can paint too. I have found this type of activity to be fun and you can meet some really nice people. Have you considered looking up meetings for parents w/o partners? They do some really cool things and it's another good way to meet people. I'm throwing out things that may give you something to think about.

Ginger, we are here for you. There is no shame in airing your complaints. Your complaints are valid and hopefully we can help you figure out some new things to do while you recover from your injury. Give yourself time to heal. I know you are very frustrated right now...but your body is telling you it needs some down time.

Please take care of yourself.

Thank you Job. If I am completely honest, I never expected to be a single parent, and then when it happened, I never thought it would last this long. I thought someone would be in our lives and actually stay. I don't need the physical help, it's more of the emotional support. Emotionally doing this on my own has been the hardest. To have someone was around, who cared, who gave me a hug, well, that made a world of a difference in my life. I am capable of caring for myself, but I want someone to take care of me sometimes. And I know how great it could be.

Yes, not being able to be physical has dragged me down. I actually went ot a paint and sip for a birthday party last week, it was a lot of fun. I have done it with D9 once, it was a special Mommy and me class and we each made one that goes together. It hangs in our bathroom. We have a pottery painting place around the corner and we have done that a bunch of times. I spend time with my friends, I went out to dinner with a close one last night. It was really nice. I am visiting my friends up in CT this weekend.My volleyball was my way of getting out there and socializing and it really picked me up. I felt like me again.

As far as the work situation. I cannot leave my job. I get paid too well for what I do, I would have to take a huge pay cut and my schedule would be unmanageable if I went back to the hospital. I have what I need for my daughter here. It would be a bad decisions for us for me to give it up. I'm backed in a corner. I have to make this decision as a single mother.

I am really trying. I have been really trying for so many years. I go after what I want, I make the best of my situations but I feel like I am always going backwards. And that's when I feel like just giving up.

To add to it, I am very civil and kind to ex and his W. But things still trigger me. Every time we are talking about our daughter, and he says "we" got her this, or "we" have her that weekend, the "we" he is referring to is him and his wife. and it is in the context of my daughter. And it gets under my skin like you wouldn't believe. I don't say anything, but it is a huge trigger. My heart literally races when he does that.

I am on a roll, aren't I? Thank you guys for being here for me.

J
J
Being injured [censored]. Especially during a time when you need exercice to make you feel good. I know how you feel cause i felt the same when i fractured my ankle last year.

Regarding your ex, i bet he is jealous of your life as a single woman that can date and go out and do what she wants without having to answer to any one. I would be willing to bet money on that.

You have a lot going for you ginger. And honestly, you dont need a relationship to be complete. Maybe view it as all these adventures and potentials... there is fun to dating as well no? Maybe refocus on that.

M: 42
H: 43
Twins age 5
WAH in summer
job Offline
Ginger,

I think you need to continue to vent on your new thread and call it "The Vent Fest". You need a safe place to do so and this is the place. Even though you talk about things, you still have a lot of bottled up frustration, disappointment, anger, etc. You need to get it all out there.

Have fun w/your friends in CT. Try to relax and enjoy the time away.

New Thread:

Vent Fest

Last edited by job; 08/15/17 07:15 AM. Reason: Added link to new thread

Sit quietly, the answers will reveal themselves when you least expect them to.
The past is gone, the present is a gift and you need to focus on today, allow the future to reveal itself when it is ready.
Page 11 of 11 1 2 9 10 11

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard