Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 10 of 11 1 2 8 9 10 11
T
T
I'm sorry, doodler, but as an Englishwoman, surely you know the protocol is to fester in silent resentment for several years and buy them very tiny Christmas cards?

Me: 53 H:38
T:20 M:14
BD ILYB etc 10/15, H diagnosed severe depression
S 1/16
PA 4/16
H filed 1/17

D
D
Originally Posted By: Treasur
I'm sorry, doodler, but as an Englishwoman, surely you know the protocol is to fester in silent resentment for several years and buy them very tiny Christmas cards?

Treasur,

Thank you! That gives me hope for my situation. I can make tiny Christmas cards for him and give him one on a weekly basis until Christmas. And, I think I'll plan something special for Guy Fawkes Day.

I'm feeling better now.

A
A
And practice how you'll talk to him by watching old episodes of Jeeves and Wooster.

On BD
H52, W50
T27, M26
S21, D23
BD-9-Mar-16
D-15-Jan-18 Final-19-Apr-18
I am a storyteller. The story may do you no good.
But a story is never for the listener. It is always for the one who tells
D
D
AndrewP,

I'll have to watch a few episodes of "Jeeves and Wooster." I didn't know anything about it. I love British humor (or humour - Brits don't know how to spell).

G
Ginger1 Offline OP
OP Offline
G
Originally Posted By: doodler

Ok, if you're not going to complain, then I'll hijack your thread and air my own complaints.

A couple of weeks ago, my British neighbor sent me an email that said, "Whilst I'm on holiday with the family in England, would you please mow my lawn." I told him I'd mow his lawn, and I did. Next he asked me to water his plants and get his mail. Then, he wanted me to take his garbage out. Then he starts calling me Hobson. That's when I realized that he thinks I'm his butler. I know he's probably going to ask me to bake some fresh spotted dick for his return from holiday. I'm not going to bake any spotted dick; that's going too far.

I feel like he's lost all respect for me. I think I'm going to go dark and just treat him like a neighbor. Should I go completely dark or just somewhat dark? Do you think I should say hi to him when I see him or should I just wave?

I never should've mowed his lawn. I knew it would come to this. I'd rather be called Jeeves. Hobson sounds like a dimwitted name. I don't like being treated like a servant. I'm a mess.

Mr. Nice Guy Syndrome right here. Mowing the neighbors lawn? getting his mail?

Seems as if he is having his spotted dick and eating it too.

job Offline
doodler,

I hear you on the neighbor and the things that he is coming up with. I was put in a similar situation earlier this summer, but I nipped it in the bud very quickly and yet, the neighbor had the nerve to call and leave me a message today to remind me that he's going to be out of town for the eclipse and would I please still take care of his dog and bring him to my house to play in the yard while he's gone, get his mail and check on his house. The funny things is that I called and left a message 2 1/2 weeks ago that I was not going to be doing this stuff as I had relatives coming into town and would not be around to do this stuff for him. Keep in mind, I only know him and his mother in passing. Give them an inch, and they most certainly will take a mile.

My advice, just wave and keep on going. No need to stop and chat up the person.

Sit quietly, the answers will reveal themselves when you least expect them to.
The past is gone, the present is a gift and you need to focus on today, allow the future to reveal itself when it is ready.
D
D
Job,

Actually, the story about my British neighbor was only partially true. The intent was to provide a humorous, somewhat fictional, anecdote to get Ginger to come out of hiding and air her complaints. I know she's had a difficult time lately.

My British neighbor did go to England with his family and he did ask me to mow his land and I did mow his lawn. But the rest was pure fiction. We're good friends and he doesn't call me Hobson (as far as I know). He and his wife are English professors and I do give him hard time about that (the fact that they let a foreigner teach English).

D
D
land = lawn

G
Ginger1 Offline OP
OP Offline
G
Originally Posted By: doodler
Job,

Actually, the story about my British neighbor was only partially true. The intent was to provide a humorous, somewhat fictional, anecdote to get Ginger to come out of hiding and air her complaints. I know she's had a difficult time lately.

My British neighbor did go to England with his family and he did ask me to mow his land and I did mow his lawn. But the rest was pure fiction. We're good friends and he doesn't call me Hobson (as far as I know). He and his wife are English professors and I do give him hard time about that (the fact that they let a foreigner teach English).

You absolutely succeeded in making me laugh. And thinking about spotted dick.

Yeah, I am struggling, but I hate complaining. I did so to my IC though. She is worried about me. She knows me to always be able to get out of this slump by being proactive and she is afraid I am giving up on the things I want in life. She said When I get low, I always find A, B, and C to do, and I pull myself up. I told her it's the fact I can't physically do A,B,and C anymore and I've got nothing.

I am greatly unstimulated. That is my problem. I do not feel "alive". Exercise reminded me I am alive. Now I go to work and work a repetitive job. I get my D9, cook her dinner, get her to cheerleading and go to PT. I come home, get her to bed, do some chores and watch my stupid show alone, eventually just go to bed because I am lonely and bored.

I don't mind the mundane stuff in life. it's life. But doing it all alone is killer. Yes, I miss human physical touch and mental touch. Vigorous exercise is the only way I feel remember I am alive. I can't even have a dog to cuddle with and play with and show me some uconditional love.

There, I let out my complaining. I don't feel like a woman lately. Don't worry, I don't feel like a man either. I feel like I live outside of my body sometimes. Maybe I am just crazy.

I had a vivid dream about FF and his GF the other night. I actually woke up yelling a them. They were in front of me hugging and all that stuff and I was trying to escape it. I realize it is a matter of PTSD from my ex's affair. When I have to see a guy I cared for with someone else even if they didn't cheat, it triggers me awfully.

I am a mess basically. But I am sure I will unmess myself soon.

ahhhhhhhh, that kind of felt good even though I am a little pathetic.

job Offline
Ginger,

I am so sorry that you are feeling very down right now. Being a solo parent isn't easy and if you are in a repetitive type of position, that can eventually get very boring w/o mind stimulation. What would you consider to be an ideal job for you? What type of "mind" stimulation would be a good fit for you? Maybe it's time to think about doing something totally different.

I also think your recent injury has brought on a bit of depression because you can't go out and do the things you were doing. You feel stuck. It's time to think outside the box and find something that you can do that doesn't involve being "physically" challenged until you are healed. I am not familiar with the area that you live in, but there has to be some activities, such as wine and painting classes and yes, you can even take your daughter w/you and she can paint too. I have found this type of activity to be fun and you can meet some really nice people. Have you considered looking up meetings for parents w/o partners? They do some really cool things and it's another good way to meet people. I'm throwing out things that may give you something to think about.

Ginger, we are here for you. There is no shame in airing your complaints. Your complaints are valid and hopefully we can help you figure out some new things to do while you recover from your injury. Give yourself time to heal. I know you are very frustrated right now...but your body is telling you it needs some down time.

Please take care of yourself.

Sit quietly, the answers will reveal themselves when you least expect them to.
The past is gone, the present is a gift and you need to focus on today, allow the future to reveal itself when it is ready.
Page 10 of 11 1 2 8 9 10 11

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard