K
kml Offline
K
By a rock star

G
OP Offline
G
Hi Kml,

Oh I know ex Mr. GB started an EA long ago. He can't be alone:-) Apparently, his visit went well because he has scheduled his next trip across the county. I wished him good luck prior to his departure.

I just got back from a conference in CA today. He dropped S7 off (and this made me laugh). X Mr. GB said, "what's that smell?" I told him something was in the crock pot. He said, "huh. It's unlike you to cook using a pot, pan or anything like that." He is 100% correct! I'm a Tupperware in the microwave kinda woman!!!! We both laughed when he said it.

Haven't seen new guy in 3 weeks. He wrote me a long email....explaining he is going thru some stuff I won't get into and that he loved me and wanted to be with me. I told him to focus on himself and his daughter and not to worry about me right now. And you know what? I feel good about that.

Job is going well. I'm about 100% sure I have another basal cell. I do wear 50 plus and reapply, however I had one about 8 years ago. I would love to be pleasantly surprised that this isn't skin cancer, however, I think it is. Will find out later this week.

School starts back next week. Hugs to everyone. Or should I say margaritas?

3 kids
BD 12/15/13 (IDKIILY. )
Rope dropped Cirque du Soleil style
D final 9-9-14
"Some people are born on 3rd base and go through life thinking they hit a triple." Barry Switzer
R
R
Hi Georgibelle,

I don't really post anymore, but I do stop by to check on old friends from time to time and I always look for your posts. I don't really post anymore, but I do stop by to check on old friends from time to time and I always look for your posts. Usually by the time I see them, plenty of other people have weighed in and I don't feel I have much to add ( although I will see you your whipped cream bikini story and raise you a funny Victoria's Secret lingerie story-some other time).

This time though/ I definitely want to take a moment to want to say I hope you get good news this week. I'll be thinking about you.

2 Ds: 7 and 4
BD and Sep: 7/14
Divorce Final 2/16
K
K
GB, wondering what circumstances/factors led you to being OK with your new guy taking a break for awhile (rather than thinking he's not making time for you and therefore not worth your time) - because he gave you reassurance that he did want to be with you, etc.? Or something else? Or are you sort of writing him off/just letting what will be will be?

Me:30 H:29, no kids
T:12, M:4 (when D was final)
12/13: "Don't think I want to be M anymore"
6/14: Separated (I move)
1/15: H filed for D
5/15: D final
G
OP Offline
G
Hi K Girl,

Thanks for popping by. I believe he genuinely loves me. However, he is having some rather dire career/financial issues and literally cannot afford to come visit much. He has a regular job and side gigs because he is a photographer/ creative type. And honestly? He has a young daughter and he's a fantastic dad. I don't to take anything away from her. It was difficult for him to admit his funds are so tight although I suspected as much. He lives an hour away.

And while I hope he gets himself to a better place, I'm going to enjoy my life. I gave a new job which I enjoy and I have some fun trips scheduled with my kids and nieces and nephews. I have a tendency to be a bit more career oriented than the men I attract. They are always extremely talented, smart, and fun. But they always have a tendency to be the artistic types. I will not put my life on hold for anyone. Maybe he's in a better place in 2 months or maybe it's a year. I don't know. And I do miss seeing him. Some days I miss just sitting with him on the couch. We saw each other 5 or 6 days a week. However, things have a way of evolving the way they are supposed to evolve.

3 kids
BD 12/15/13 (IDKIILY. )
D final 9-9-14
"Some people are born on 3rd base and go through life thinking they hit a triple." Barry Switzer
K
K
I wish I could channel your chillness w/ regard to this and know that whatever happens will happen without feeling like I'm putting my life on hold smirk I will try!

Me:30 H:29, no kids
T:12, M:4 (when D was final)
12/13: "Don't think I want to be M anymore"
6/14: Separated (I move)
1/15: H filed for D
5/15: D final
G
OP Offline
G
Oh K-girl,

I'm sending you a hug. I struggled mightily with the fact that I cannot control all aspects of my life. I only control how I react to a situation. I have no idea what will transpire with me and the new guy. We dated for over a year. But I do know that I'm only going around one time on this planet and I'm going to enjoy myself. Granted, that may not include anything wild. But if I want to sit on the couch and watch dateline and eat granola, that is my choice.

Do what makes you happy. I know it's hard because you feel like most of your friends or coupled up. However, no matter who you are with you need to have a life that you like regardless of whether you are single, a couple, or married. Because it is your life. Hang in there.

3 kids
BD 12/15/13 (IDKIILY. )
D final 9-9-14
F
F
I am loving your mindset, Georgiabelle smile

Me: 48, XH: 42
T: 18 years, M: 15 years

EA/PA 1: 6/2012
EA/PA 2: from autumn 2012-present

BD: 5/2013
ILYBNILWY BD & left: 10/2015

OW conceived: 8/2016
Born: 4/2017

H filed: 7/2017
D final: 28/12/2017
M
M
So in that story about your friend (KGirl's thread) you said that the guy came back to your friend after two years. What happened next????

Me42, H40
D12, S8, S7
A revealed: 7/13
Sep 4/14; Agreed to D 1/15

She believed she could, so she did.
G
OP Offline
G
Hi Maybell,

I guess I wrote that wrong. She did wait 2 years because a friend ran into him. *She* reached out to him to tell him this all felt wrong and she wanted to talk. He responded promptly with he hoped she was well but h simply did not want those things. He said he knew she didn't understand but that he did not want to waste anymore of her time. And he is not married or in a serious relationship. Anything is possible but I simply would be surprised if he did those things because I think he would like companionship-on his terms. She was frozen for about 2 years. She was afraid to date others because she would have to break up with them when he *came back* and told her he had made a mistake. She must have watched lots of romantic comedies because things generally aren't so dramatic.

The reason I bring her up is that I watch her and as smart as she is I've never seen a person so inclined to NOT listen to the men she dates when heir actions and words speak volumes. She dated a guy recently (great guy, awesome dad) who did not want more kids. She spent 6 months hoping he would "come around." I said, "having another human being IS a big deal." It's like she's so tired of looking and says if only they would give me what I want. She's in IC now. And she is such a sweet person but she has struggled mightily with feelings not being reciprocated.

3 kids
BD 12/15/13 (IDKIILY. )
D final 9-9-14
Page 8 of 11 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 11

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard