Print Thread
Page 8 of 11 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 11
M
Maika Offline OP
OP Offline
M
While I wait for Sandi's reply, here is today's Sitch Desk Update:

Today is the wedding anniversary. W texted me the following this morning

"Hey, hope you slept okay the last couple of nights. I hope you are doing okay. I'll see you tomorrow if that's still okay with you. It's our 10th anniversary today. I didn't think, 10 years ago, that we would be here. Despite everything you have been kind and respectful towards me so I just wanted to say thank you."

What the H$LL am I supposed to say to that. I don't plan on replying until later in the afternoon or evening. But what do I respond with?

No one is coming to save you!

T
T
It appears like her only question was about if seeing you tomorrow is ok.....I know my tendency would be to reply with something sappy/emotional however something simple as your welcome and tomorrow is still good probably is more appropriate.

It [censored] because you hang on to threads of hope that there is a chance of piecing things back together then you get something like this and it is a jolt to your system. I guess the part about detaching and not caring is really applicable.

The same thing happened to me last Friday when my W told me a D was still going to happen despite me not contacting her, removing pressure, etc.

Married 14, Together 17
M: 44, W: 43, D: 8, D: 6
M: 46, W: 45. D: 10. D: 8 (CUR)
Bomb Dropped: 5/28/2017
Separation Date: 6/17/2017
Divorce Filed: 2/7/2018
Divorce Final: 4/12/2018
M
Maika Offline OP
OP Offline
M
Thanks Joseph9 for your feedback.

I have been clear to her that I am open to communicating about kids, finances, separation stuff etc, but I am not in a place where I can be her friend. She is a huge conflict-avoider and saying what's on her mind directly. I want to communicate to her that the door is still open if she wants to talk about the MR and if she's having a change of heart about things or not. With me GALing and her not knowing what I am upto has created a scenario where she's thinking that I am with another woman, which is not the case. With all that said, I am thinking of replying along the following lines:

"Thank you for the message. I didn't think we would be here and I don't want to be here - this is not my choice. I am respecting your wishes about the separation and having space. As this was initiated by you, I will not be initiating any conversations about the relationship. If you want to talk about our relationship, I am here to listen to you. In the meantime I am doing things to move on with my life and being critical of how I contributed to this situation and get healthy. Tomorrow still works after 6pm. Let me know when you're coming. Hope you have a good day."

T
T
I am not the expert so I have no idea what to tell you in regards to your response. It is a fine line between seeming like you are treating her like an acquaintance but not giving too much. I just wonder if you stick to your guns and if your giving away too much information but what you are trying to do. I want to say similar things to my W but at the end of the day I'm not sure it would do any good. Either way it just stinks.

Married 14, Together 17
M
Maika Offline OP
OP Offline
M
Yeah. I think my only agenda is that I am open to listening to her about the MR, but I won't initiate it. And that I am moving on with my life - not giving an ultimatum or timeline, but letting her know that I am not sitting and moping around.

I just don't want her to think that she can't talk to me about the relationship and what's going on in her head because I am not her friend anymore.

Obviously all of those MR conversations, if they happen, would just be me listening and validating - still DBing.

I don't intend to tell her how I am moving on with my life and what changes I am making. She will still be an acquaintance. I have zero expectations of her opening up to me or changing her mind, but I just need her to know that I am open to listening.

Gahhh! this is such madness

T
T
I would go for short and generic, 'Thank you for the message', short and truthful 'It is a strange place to be, you're right.' or short and DB 'Tomorrow is fine'

Me: 53 H:38
T:20 M:14
BD ILYB etc 10/15, H diagnosed severe depression
S 1/16
PA 4/16
H filed 1/17

T
T
I agree it is madness!!! On Saturday I told my W that I would always be there for her, she was the mother of my children and I would not let anything happen to her. She just looked at me with a glazed look in her face. I probably should not have done it but I let me guard down. The reason I say this is because we have to put faith in them that they know deep down inside that they can come talk to us. I don't think us reminding them every month or so is going to make a difference. At the end of the day they created this mess so they need to be the ones to stop the madness!

Married 14, Together 17
T
T
Or "Thank you for the message. Tomorrow still works after 6pm. Let me know when you're coming. Hope you have a good day."

Me: 53 H:38
T:20 M:14
BD ILYB etc 10/15, H diagnosed severe depression
S 1/16
PA 4/16
H filed 1/17

L
L
Originally Posted By: Joseph9
I agree it is madness!!! On Saturday I told my W that I would always be there for her, she was the mother of my children and I would not let anything happen to her.

Never tell your wife "I will always be there for you"!

M
Maika Offline OP
OP Offline
M
Hmmm.. Thank you Joseph9 and Treasur.

I will sit on this for a few hours before I respond.. I need to think about it.

If you have any more advice, or any one else, please chime in. I will post here what I respond back to her.

Page 8 of 11 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 11

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard