Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#2747207 06/17/17 06:03 AM
B
bigybiz Offline OP
OP Offline
B
I started this thread a long time ago.

http://www.divorcebusting.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=2661176#Post2661176

There are about 20+ DBer's I pray for everyday. Happy to add you to the list.

I was quite moved by a post I saw. Someone stated that they were not doing well and had even given up on prayer.

I can tell you that one of the only things that is keeping me going is: I have an army of people praying for healing and forgiveness between my Wife and I.

I know it is not much - but I would be honored to pray for anyone out there. I'm not a clergy or a scholar or have any more answers than you. I can't promise any results - but I can pray for you.

If you would like me to pray for just reply with your username/handle. If you want to give a specific prayer request i.e. Healing, Strength, etc. put it in and I'll try to keep them all straight.

Last edited by Cadet; 06/24/17 08:22 AM. Reason: Link

M:50
W:53
MR:20
D:21
S:17
S:11
BD-Sept 2015
Suspected PA Sept 2015-Confronted W & OM Dec 2015
Actually EA
In house Sep:Jan/16-May 2016
W moved out:May 22 2016
OM-Intro Oct/17-On scene July/Aug 2017
S
S
Stunned
I pray daily for the lord to soften my W's heart for me and for the lord and for reconciliation. And for All the negative influences in her life to be silenced and removed. I pray that God would expose her if she walks in deceit, and to remind her that shes a child of god and that god wants her marriage to last. I pray that the devil to be removed from my marriage and that he CANNOT have my marriage!

B
bigybiz Offline OP
OP Offline
B
Stunned:

We are told often, that persistent prayer is required. I admire your dedication to your faith and W.

I'll add you to the list of DB'ers I pray for.

BD-Sept 2015
Actually EA
A
A
Persistent prayer...

I can't pray anymore. I have a boulder of pain in my heart instead of the peace I crave.

The pain isn't even about my WH. It's stemming from feeling abandoned by God.

WH has told me how happy, how in love he is. It kills me to see how free and unpained he is. A friend of mine bumped into him last week and told me he looked really well. It's not right.

I screamed out to God yesterday. Begged for a sign, a word, anything. To let me know He exists. That he's listening. That I'm not alone in my grief. That the promises for his faithful in the Bible might come true.

Nothing came. I feel abandoned afresh, by but God now.

Divorced and letting go.
H
H
Hi I'm Holding.

I could use some prayers myself right now.

I used to be very religious in my youth, but lost it over the years and basically became an atheist. After BD I've started praying again, asking God for a sign he exists. I told him if he wants to show me he's real, he would bring my wife back. I asked God to change my W's heart and to give me strength. I've been getting strength - I keep wondering where I find the strength to keep on going. But things with W seem to be getting worse.

Thanks!

Me-47,XW-43
S13,S16
M:18
BD:4-23-17
W filed:7-17-17
(5 months of in-house separation hell)
W moved out:1-6-18
D granted:2-15-18
Decree signed:3-29-18

Your future is out there. Go find it.
B
bigybiz Offline OP
OP Offline
B
2016sux:

We hear you. Most of the LBS feel abandoned by God. I read once that we scream at God and he whispers back.

I will pray for you and for relief of the pain you feel. A faith based website I visit often says that the "prodigal" will portray happiness - it only covers up the hurt they feel inside.

Keep praying - and ask others to pray for you as well.

BD-Sept 2015
Actually EA
B
bigybiz Offline OP
OP Offline
B
Holding:

I'll pray for you and yes God does exist. We are told often that God rejoices when one of us comes back to Him.

I'm not a pastor or a scholar - I personally believe that if we test God we will be disappointed. Faith is about not seeing the results in the here and now.

We are all happy that you are finding your strength. Pray that God will help you with the changes you are making.

God is real and he is with us.

BD-Sept 2015
Actually EA
A
A
Hi bigybiz

Thanks for the message. If there is a God its true he works through people.

I visit several faith based sites too. I don't know whether that is wishful thinking anymore. What one prodigal says might not apply to all. I know WH is truly happy because the vibes he's giving off are happy. I feel it at his core. That shook me more than anything.

May I ask how you know God is real? I want to believe but struggling v badly, to the extent I think I've lost the battle.

Divorced and letting go.
B
bigybiz Offline OP
OP Offline
B
2016sux

How do I know God is real. I choose to believe it. I have Faith that true Joy & Peace comes from our spirit and soul.

I'm sorry that it appears that your WH is happier now. That happiness is probably just a "high". Chances are, our prodigals will go from one high to another hoping to mask the hurt. Or try and find something they think their life is missing. They'll never find it.

The battle is not over. Even if you give up now God will be there for you later. I just read the story of Isaac and how he had to dig three wells to find water and God's blessings.

You and I and everyone here is between wells. We maybe at the first well, or the second. God's blessings are coming.

I'll pray for you and anyone else who wants prayer.

BD-Sept 2015
Actually EA
K
K
Originally Posted By: 2016sux
May I ask how you know God is real? I want to believe but struggling v badly, to the extent I think I've lost the battle.

He is real, but you have to have faith.

bigybiz,

I essentially have the same prayer as stunned in that all influences in my WAW's life that would lead her astray would be silenced and that she would see the good qualities of our union made before God instead of focusing on all the negative excuses that she would lean on to keep her apart. I would ask God to remind her that he is the "universe" and in no way does that universe accept that us chosing to divorce is an acceptable thing in his eyes. Help her understand that God wants us to celebrate our differences and both of us work hard to overcome the barriers that would have those differences tear us apart.

I also ask that i find the strength to overcome myself whichever path God feels this should take and that i learn from this experience and be properly guided so that I would never travel down this path again.

Me 51, Wife 44; Married 4; Together 10;
HSD20, XWSD13, XWSS14, XWSS17
Kids Together D4, D1.52
W Moves Out: 03/16/17
W Files : 03/17/17
D Final: 10/23/17
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard