Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 9 10
S
SBJ Offline OP
OP Offline
S
http://www.divorcebusting.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=2730809&page=1

Having to start a new thread. Have a great day!!!

Taking things one day at a time...
*God is good all the time!
*God has a plan for us all.
*What doesn't kill you only makes you stronger.
*Inaction breeds doubt and fear. Action breeds confidence and courage. If you want to conquer fear, do not sit home and think about it. Go out and get busy. - Dale Carnegie

*So we can confidently say, “The Lord is my helper; I will not fear; What can man do to me?” (Hebrews 13:6)

Me 49 W46
T25 M22
S22 D18 S13
W had EA Apr-Jul 2016
Dropped Bomb 7/9/16
ILYBINILWYA
HER DIVORCE IS FINAL...8/18/17
Dropping the rope to SURVIVE & THRIVE!!!
job Offline
I like your list!

Sit quietly, the answers will reveal themselves when you least expect them to.
The past is gone, the present is a gift and you need to focus on today, allow the future to reveal itself when it is ready.
S
SBJ Offline OP
OP Offline
S
Just venting...
7am...In this wonderful holy week leading up to Easter and the resurrection of Jesus Christ, it seems that Satan is still at work on my W. I cannot believe that I have been in this thing for 9 months. It is funny how, in just the same amount of time it takes for God to develop life inside of a woman's womb, Satan can completely destroy a marriage if one of the parties allow him into their lives.

Maybe I'm being melodramatic, but it surely seems that he is at work on her 24/7 and she is relentless in wanting to have our marriage dissolved...as quickly as possible. I can only imagine that it is so she can get her OM's relationship out into the open.
>>>>>>>
8am...I was taking my kids to school this morning and the new song "Even If" by MercyMe came on. It is an awesome song, but brought me to tears this morning. We had already dropped off the youngest and I was driving to the oldest's school. She didn't say anything, but I know she noticed.

These lyrics got me...
"I know You're able and I know You can
Save through the fire with Your mighty hand
But even if You don't
My hope is You alone
I know the sorrow, I know the hurt
Would all go away if You'd just say the word
But even if You don't
My hope is You alone"
>>>>>>>
9am...text from W asking why it is taking so long to redraft the D papers. Responded that they will be done when they are done.
>>>>>>>
10am...text from W asking if I wanted to do joint Easter Basket gifts with her...saying that I could come over to her place Sunday morning to give to the kids. I was busy and had not responded, so literally one minute later, she texted saying that I didn't have to, but she was just asking.
>>>>>>>>
1045am...call from SIL very frustrated with W and their working relationship. My life is falling apart with my W and I have to be a rock to my SIL who I have been big brother to for 25 years. Please God give me strength. She said that she is not ready to forgive my W for all she has done...while I understand that, I do know that they are blood and one of these days they will have to reconcile with one another.

No trial has come to you but what is human. God is faithful and will not let you be tried beyond your strength; but with the trial he will also provide a way out, so that you may be able to bear it. - 1 Corinthians 10:13 New American Bible

Me 49 W46
T25 M22
S22 D18 S13
W had EA Apr-Jul 2016
Dropped Bomb 7/9/16
ILYBINILWYA
G
G
You are doing in a terrible situation. Unite your suffering with Christ's. O my Jesus, forgive us our sins, lead all souls to heaven, especially those in most need of thy mercy.

Gordie 40s W 40s M20+ kids
2016 BD W fantasy affair w OM1 I do everything wrong
2017 I start to DB W says TLTL files for D PA w OM2
2018 I do LRT W drops filing and OM2 situation slowly improving
S
SBJ Offline OP
OP Offline
S
Happy resurrection Sunday to all of you guys on here going thru this ultimate trial. I hope and pray that God gives you the strength and endurance to persevere this ultimate betrayal and trial. I also pray that God blanket our prodigal spouses with the Holy Spirit and guide them thru this trying time in his perfect timing.

>>>>
Journaling
Played golf yesterday morning with a close friend and then made an appearance at my MIL's Easter get together. It was difficult as my W didn't say but a few words to me and kind of stayed off away from where I was sitting. I sat outside and all of the sudden my FIL, SIL, and BIL all surrounded me and we were laughing and joking. I noticed at one point she just went inside to stay away from us.

At one point my FIL left, then my BIL/SIL left, so I decided to go say my goodbyes. I noticed that she was walking to the back of the house with her phone to her ear and shut herself in the back bedroom. I then told my kids goodbye and my MIl also. She never came out. I received a text later telling me sorry she didn't. Get to say goodbye, but she was on the phone with a mutual friend of ours.i call BS on that, but whatever.

My oldest and I met her and our two youngest for Mass this morning and while it feels odd at times, I am also at peace there with her at times. I hope and pray that He talks to her when we are there together.

I was invited to lunch at theFIL's today so I'm sure I will have more to share later...or maybe not.

God bless you all...

Me 49 W46
T25 M22
S22 D18 S13
W had EA Apr-Jul 2016
Dropped Bomb 7/9/16
ILYBINILWYA
G
G
SBJ, when I was at church this morning wondering if this was our last Easter as a family together, here was my prayer: Lord, please raise to life my dead marriage. Happy Easter.

S
SBJ Offline OP
OP Offline
S
Originally Posted By: SBJ

I was invited to lunch at theFIL's today so I'm sure I will have more to share later...or maybe not.

Originally Posted By: Gordie

SBJ, when I was at church this morning wondering if this was our last Easter as a family together, here was my prayer: Lord, please raise to life my dead marriage. Happy Easter.

So here is the rest of the Sunday afternoon journaling. Ended up at lunch at the FIL's. My oldest and I beat the W there and got to visit with everyone before she arrived. Once she arrived you could tell there was some tension in the air, but not towards me. It was between the W and her sister. My W even came and sat down right beside me and complained that she is sick and tired of her sister treating her bad.I am assuming she is telling me this because I am usually her place to vent, but I shouldn't assume to know what is going thru her mind right now.

After lunch we all headed outside to enjoy the weather and watch all of the kids do the outside activities. I sat down in the grass with my cup of coffee to watch my kids and nieces and nephews play...and who plopped right down next to me. It was almost like old times. We ended up talking for 30-45 minutes...just the two of us. No relationship talk, but just talking about upcoming kid activities and summer things. Again, I can't help but feel something, but I know not to have any expectations. It was just refreshing since we haven't done that in over 9 months.

Yesterday was also the anniversary of the day that I was introduced to the OM for the first time. The day the EA began...in my mind anyway. I refuse to focus on him, because he is not important to me or helpful to me. I will continue to focus on me and my kids. I know that we are all children of God, but I do not have to focus my energy on someone that is not beneficial to me, my family, or my relationship with God.

Have a great week and stand tall and steadfast!

58 Therefore, my beloved brothers, be firm, steadfast, always fully devoted to the work of the Lord, knowing that in the Lord your labor is not in vain. - 1 Corinthians 15:58

Me 49 W46
T25 M22
S22 D18 S13
W had EA Apr-Jul 2016
Dropped Bomb 7/9/16
ILYBINILWYA
G
G
Glad you were able to enjoy your Easter!

B
B
sounds like you had a lot of peace throughout the weekend and emotional support from your inlaws. Hang in there {{{{{SBJ}}}}}

M 20+ T25+
S ~15.5 (BD)
BD 4/6/15
D 12/23/16

"Someone I loved once gave me
A box full of darkness.
It took me years to understand,
That this too, was a gift."
~ Mary Oliver
S
SBJ Offline OP
OP Offline
S
This is a true place of peace for so many. I have seen several people questioning their own self worth just today, and have seen others empathize with them and let them know that they are truly worthy people.

Much of what I have seen and read over the last 9 months says that even though we are caught in the storm, this MLC / separation / divorce isn't about us. It is all about them. We are not what they say we are...we are God's children and we are the ones that are trying to hold our families together.

Stay strong my friends. As we are finding, this road is very long, and at times, it is so dark that we cannot ever see the light at the end of the tunnel. But, remember that there is a light at the end of all of this. His timing is a perfect timing and there is something good that is in the works. Have faith, that even though you cannot see, something is at work for your good.

For we walk by faith, not by sight. - 2 Corinthians 5:7

Me 49 W46
T25 M22
S22 D18 S13
W had EA Apr-Jul 2016
Dropped Bomb 7/9/16
ILYBINILWYA
Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 9 10

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard