Hey NSWTD,

There was a time when I was probably the most pathetic poster on here although I didn't realize it at the time. smile

When I cam here, I wanted to save my marriage. THAT WAS IT. I didn't want to hear suggestions about getting a life, finding out who I was, blah blah blah. I loved my wife dearly and deeply and couldn't possibly imagine a life without her. I wanted her to return. PERIOD.

Eventually, when the hurt, bitterness, anger, disbelief and all the other stuff subsided, all I had left was ME. Eventually, I guess I had to look inside whether I wanted to or not. I actually think that I began to do it without realizing it.

I'm not even sure if I know what I'm trying to say here. My marriage was not saved, but I am a better person today than I was when I first came to this board in early 2011. (God, that seems like such a long time ago.) I do consider myself a success because I am enjoying life. I'm doing things that I never had time to do before. I like who I've become....the person that I was MEANT to be. I get tickled about the things that most people take for granted: a cool breeze, the smell of rain, seeing a baby duck at the park, my photography....I'm ranting. All I'm saying is there is SOOOO much more to life than your EX. It took me forever to realize that but when I finally did...that's when I started to enjoy life. I am not bitter. Lonely sometimes, but happy.

Please start a thread.

exquisitetobe: THANK YOU for the very nice words.

Tad
smile

Currently:
M 56 XW 57
Sons 38,33,31,29

The Sitch:
Married 26 years
EA w/ OM 9/10
Bomb 10/10 (5 weeks after 25th anniversary)
Sep 12/10
She wants D 1/11
W files 5/11
D final 10/11
XW marries OM 6/13