Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
T
OP Offline
T
I guess it's time to roll to a new thread. Here's the past:

http://www.divorcebusting.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=2735257&page=10

Wanted to start a new thread because I didn't want to get in trouble with Cadet. :-) Also, just feels like time to move forward. I got out some stuff last weekend with the W that had to be done.

For those that aren't familiar with my sitch, it's depression and NGS that have me here again. In trying to be assertive instead of passive as a nice guy, I had to confront my W on some stuff that has impacted me for some time, which these confronted items have led to depression over the years. With that out, time to move forward.

Excited about this weekend:

a) Furniture delivered to our shared apartment. Why is this big? Our damn air mattress sprung a leak, so waking up sunk in a half inflated air mattress stinks. New bed/mattress is most welcomed and a sofa to sit on.

b) My Bro is turning 40 on Monday and my SIL planned a big party for him tonight. Karaoke will be a part and I can be a ham. I've got a special song planned for him that will probably scare everyone else, but we're metal junkies and it's his birthday.

My D13 might want to do a song with me too. I hope she does.

c) My D13 has her first piano recital tomorrow. She's been taking since last June and I'm really proud of her. I played for a few years growing up and have really enjoyed working with her on her piano playing when she wasn't acting like the teenage demon from hell that she can be. Sweet as pie when not!!!

I guess that's it for now. Real big props to all my fellow LBS's. Don't forget to do something for you today. It feels good, it makes us better, it helps and why not?!?!?!?!

Have a great weekend.

Me 42, Wife 39; Married 16; Together 17; Kids: D13, S10
Wife asks for Divorce: 03/19/13
Reconcile: 07/07/13
Round 2 Starts: 02/19/17
Apartment Life: 04/21/17
PA Confirmed: 05/23/17
E
E
Glad things are going better for you, tryin. Kill it at karaoke tonight. smile

Just keep swimming
L
L
YES, TRYIN! Sing like a BOSS. And congrats on getting off the 1/2 sunk air mattress. I've done that and it bites.
I did something fun for me today- bought a lawn mower!! Whoop whoop!

M-60 H-51
M-14 years
BD 12/26/16
S 1/1/17

"First the pain, then the rising."
Glennon Doyle Melton

T
OP Offline
T
Had sooooooooooooo much fun last night with my munchkins. Actually got to sing a few songs with both the kidos and they kept wanting more. We had a blast.

My brother and I are metal heads and I did a song of his favorite band. Now there were about 30 people in the room with only he and I ever having heard the song, but I did it anyway and rocked the pants of it. Voice hurts a little, but no pain, no gain.

Excited for my D13's piano recital today. Hoping last night's karaoke gets any stage fright out of her for today's performance.

E
E
Rock on, man, glad you had a great night... You know you're gonna have to share the band/song right, I'm dying to hear this one. smile

Just keep swimming
T
T
Sounds like a blast my friend! Glad you got up there and owned it!

T
OP Offline
T
A little bit of a rough night as I went home for some stuff and noticed all our wedding pictures and mementos were put away by my W. Not that it wasn't going to happen, but just part of the process.

Four years ago, when she put away the pictures, that broke me and I took my ring off that day. I'm most definitely stronger, but it still hurts.

Heading OOT for work for a few days and have a bunch of meetings, so good distractions. Hope everyone has a great day today.

T
T
Sorry to hear about the rough night. It definately hurts when you see stuff like that.

T
OP Offline
T
Feeling good, but venting a little. I was texting the W about the timing of a potential vacation for just me and the kids later in the summer. She goes from "ok, just let me know" to "I've got to go I'm losing it" in like 2 seconds flat.

Monday night when I was leaving the house I could tell she was wigging out a bit because I was going out of town for work but wasn't giving her all the details. She knew where I was going and I said just call my cell. It's all about control.

I just lose a little patience with this because the pain being caused is SOMEWHAT self-inflicted. Yes, I know this is all a process, but I'm not going to have pity when she's doing it.

I have been empathetic with her, but when I feel it makes sense. When she's losing it for control, I'm letting that go. The other day she confessed that my D13 are so close that she often feels like an outcast and left out. I told her that I was sorry she felt this way.

Again, nothing big today, but just more ramblings of a LBS... Anyone else have some experiences similar to this???

B
B
Quote:
Again, nothing big today, but just more ramblings of a LBS... Anyone else have some experiences similar to this???

With the issue of control? Yes, early on my STBEW hated me GAL because I wouldn't let her "control" me anymore. I didn't answer to her and it drove her nuts.

Quote:
Feeling good, but venting a little. I was texting the W about the timing of a potential vacation for just me and the kids later in the summer. She goes from "ok, just let me know" to "I've got to go I'm losing it" in like 2 seconds flat.

Could it be because last time you went on vacation with the kids it was the longest she's been away from them? If so, then that is something she will have to get used to. Maybe its why she had to go so quickly?

Quote:
The other day she confessed that my D13 are so close that she often feels like an outcast and left out. I told her that I was sorry she felt this way.

In my position, if my STBEW said that to me I would just have to quote Seinfeld and say; "That's a shame". However, your sitch is nowhere near mine so I would say it was probably wise to validate her feelings there. Did you guys discuss this issue any further?

M: 37 W: 36
T: 16 M: 11
D2: 8,3
PA: 2015
WAW: 2016
W Filed: 2017
2/07/2017 W officially dating OM2
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard