Print Thread
Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 10 11
#2740064 04/22/17 06:12 AM
E
EastTN Offline OP
OP Offline
E
I think I'm supposed to do this now.

Previous thread here: http://www.divorcebusting.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=2737275#Post2737275

Talked to psychologist today, was a good meeting. Talked about wants and not really having any (was thinking mostly material at first). She asked if I had any non-material ones, and I had a few. She said it was a good start.

Operation GAL continues fairly well. The meetup group I was at tonight had about 20 people atttending, the hosts' house was pretty nice. Enjoyed playing some games I've never played before, had good conversation (most of the people there were professionals in their 30s-50s) and talked a bit with a nice french girl.

Got chatted up by a walmart cashier when I picked up the beer/soda for the evening. That's not exactly a high bar, but it was good for my self-esteem in any case.

STBXW was supposed to move out tomorrow and sunday. When I called to talk to D, I asked W if she wanted me to take D for the day while she did her stuff. Her answer was, "It depends, when are you bringing the truck?"

NOT my problem.

Just keep swimming
C
C
Originally Posted By: EastTN
I think I'm supposed to do this now.

Yes great job!

Me-70, D37,S36
T
T
Talked to psychologist today, was a good meeting. Talked about wants and not really having any (was thinking mostly material at first). She asked if I had any non-material ones, and I had a few. She said it was a good start.

East - This is awesome. After years of not doing much for me, I feel like I'm still moving boxes around in my head like a piled up store room for things to do/want. It's a process like any of this. Great that you're seeing someone to help you with it. I just went to my IC for the 3rd time yesterday since this all started up and it helps so much.

Got chatted up by a walmart cashier when I picked up the beer/soda for the evening. That's not exactly a high bar, but it was good for my self-esteem in any case.

"Not a high bar". :-) Been in similar waters lately and it does help the esteem regardless of the source!

Her answer was, "It depends, when are you bringing the truck?"

NOT my problem.

Please tell me you told her "not my problem". :-)

Me 42, Wife 39; Married 16; Together 17; Kids: D13, S10
Wife asks for Divorce: 03/19/13
Reconcile: 07/07/13
Round 2 Starts: 02/19/17
Apartment Life: 04/21/17
PA Confirmed: 05/23/17
C
C
Originally Posted By: Tryin2figuritout

Even if you said NOTHING that is OK

Me-70, D37,S36
Cadet #2740111 04/22/17 11:56 AM
T
T
Originally Posted By: Cadet
Originally Posted By: Tryin2figuritout

Even if you said NOTHING that is OK

Agree Cadet. My W the other night actually said "Please tell me you're going to wash the kids clothes while you're at the house" to which I just looked at her and walked off. It felt good.

E
EastTN Offline OP
OP Offline
E
Treated myself to dinner and a movie tonight. Logan was... eh, not bad but I didn't like it.

STBXW did not show up at all today. I'm assuming she won't be here tomorrow, either, but I don't care either way since I won't be. smile

Just keep swimming
E
EastTN Offline OP
OP Offline
E
So school got cancelled today, apparently because it rained too much. I got a call at 10:30 last night from the county letting me know. W called me about 10:30 this morning saying "hey, did you know school was out?" As if I wouldn't notice if the building was locked up when I tried to drop D off this morning. smile

I took the day off of work, and spent it with D. We dropped by the office so she could say hi to various people (HR made her an employee badge a year or two ago... it actually unlocks the security doors), went to lunch together, saw Boss Baby, and went to the bookstore and the trampoline park again.

My attitude right now is great. My body feels incredible (heart rate about 120 for over an hour). Weight loss is right at 60bs.
If every day were like today, I don't think I would believe I was actually awake. When I feel like I do right now, there's no room for hurt. I have my health, I have my daughter, I have a great career... the only thing I'm missing is someone to share that with, and every day I accept a little more that it's HER that is missing out.

Just keep swimming
T
T
Great job, TN!

You are on the right track now! A man only a fool would leave!

T
T
the only thing I'm missing is someone to share that with, and every day I accept a little more that it's HER that is missing out.

East... I think you left the letter B in your name because you should be Beast!!! This is great and gives me some pep in myself thinking about it so Thank You!!

E
EastTN Offline OP
OP Offline
E
Thanks, tryin, I appreciate that, and I hope things are going better for you, too.

Not much to say on my end for the last few days. No meaningful contact with STBXW. MIL was supposed to come to dinner last night (I didn't invite, she asked) but niece got sick at the last minute, so that got scrubbed. Rescheduled till next week. D and I went out for a daddy daughter date night and got mexican food instead, she had a good night.

After homework, we went and walked around the subdivision. I've lived there for five and a half years and have met like six people (not kidding). W never let D go out to play, and she never really played with any of the kids. As of last night, she officially has THREE friends in the subdivision, so she's doing good.

Appointment with L tomorrow to finalize the agreement we hope W is going to sign, then we'd be officially divorced in about three months. I'd say "wish me luck" but I don't think anyone here wants to wish for that kind of luck.

GAL continues well, have plans tomorrow night and sunday afternoon. tarting to talk to people of the opposite sex. Not really to date yet, but talking is keeping me positive.

Just keep swimming
Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 10 11

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard