Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 5 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 10 11
D
D
Not only that, but mine deleted mutual friends....

There are moments in this life when you are so confident in the rightness of your actions, that not even for a second do you consider the option that you might be wrong.
J
jbroken Offline OP
OP Offline
J
Originally Posted By: SAL27
Mine deleted all of my family and friends form her FB and changed her name (took off my last name). At first, I was kinda mad, but you got to let go at some point.

Was this even before the divorce? Sorry, I'm presuming this was the outcome?

Unfollow her and don't worry about what she is posting. Will do you no good to see those things.

On it.

Me:35 W:35
M:5 T:7
NO KIDS
S: 3rd Nov 2016 to 4th Feb 2017
BD: 7th Mar 2017
GD: 6 weeks
D
D
Mine deleted all of my family and friends from her FB and changed her name (took off my last name).

Mine deleted me from the marriage and penciled-in some guy that looks and acts like Homer Simpson. Just think how that feels; I was replaced by Homer Simpson. Just thinking about it makes me feel animated.

B
B
Quote:
Was this even before the divorce? Sorry, I'm presuming this was the outcome?

No need to be sorry, but one thing you will have to realize... When they are done, they are done. Actions like this gave me no hope of reconcile so I was not surprised she did things like this. D hasn't even started, but this was before she filed.

It sucked at the time, but again....what are you going to do. I deleted her from mine and have no desire to see hers. If it bothers you to see hers then def unfollow. Move on and don't worry about if your current sitch is affecting her or not. I know, its bad cause you want them to feel just as sh**** as you do, but you can't control their feelings so don't waste your time trying.

M: 37 W: 36
T: 16 M: 11
D2: 8,3
PA: 2015
WAW: 2016
W Filed: 2017
2/07/2017 W officially dating OM2
J
jbroken Offline OP
OP Offline
J
No need to be sorry, but one thing you will have to realize...When they are done, they are done.

Absolutely crushing words SAL27. Brutal.

Me:35 W:35
M:5 T:7
NO KIDS
S: 3rd Nov 2016 to 4th Feb 2017
BD: 7th Mar 2017
GD: 6 weeks
M
M
Originally Posted By: jbroken
No need to be sorry, but one thing you will have to realize...When they are done, they are done.

Absolutely crushing words SAL27. Brutal.

I disagree with them as written. Think about being hungry. You eat as much as you want. Then at some point, you are 'done'. But, you will get hungry again.

But for now, the more food you shove in her face, the more she will be forced to push it away.

So back off, and make sure that you are the person you want to be if she does become interested again.

O
O
Love this way of thinking about the situation Kaizen.

D
D
May get hungry again, but that hunger will be satisfied by another food. When they are done, they are done.

There are moments in this life when you are so confident in the rightness of your actions, that not even for a second do you consider the option that you might be wrong.
M
M
Originally Posted By: Jeep74
May get hungry again, but that hunger will be satisfied by another food. When they are done, they are done.

To me, this sounds like a jaded opinion of someone whose spouse chose a different food.

They might, they might not. Thats not in our control. What we can control is what we look like in case they show interest. Id say that there is plenty of empirical evidence that reconciliation is possible after a spouse is 'done'. Doesnt mean its likely; but I would say it's possible. Unfortunately you wont know if it will happen for YOU in your sitch until it actually happens.

D
D
Jaded or not, it is what it is. False hope is worse than the truth, no matter how brutal it is. If that person chooses to return in the future, then that's all fine and dandy, but living on the hopes of they might is self-destructive.

Page 5 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 10 11

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard