Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 6 of 11 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 10 11
R
R
I must follow my own advice and get some of that physical intimacy too. Haha.

Stay steady gordie.

R 25 years
M 14 years
S11 & S13
Working on it alone since Oct 2014
M in trouble a lot earlier (~2 years)
Feb 2016. 1st R chat in a yr.
Next R chat Aug'17
Still together
S
SBJ Offline
S
What is this physical intimacy you speak of? It's been way too long...lol!!!

Me 49 W46
T25 M22
S22 D18 S13
W had EA Apr-Jul 2016
Dropped Bomb 7/9/16
ILYBINILWYA
HER DIVORCE IS FINAL...8/18/17
Dropping the rope to SURVIVE & THRIVE!!!
G
Gordie Offline OP
OP Offline
G
W called yesterday while I was at work saying she wanted to talk to me when I got home. W gets frustrated when she wants to talk and the evening gets eaten up with kids and homework and chores, etc., so I suggested a specific time that we meet and talk. W was pleasantly surprised that I suggested that and agreed. W said she wants us to spend more time together, to do more things together that SHE wants to do. W wants me to be more interested in her and her life. W also wants us to spend at least one day per month together, just the two of us without kids, maybe get a hotel room.

This was all good, and as Roist encourages, focus on the positive. I listened and validated and smiled and kept everything light and pleasant.

What is in the back of my mind is...if you want all these things, then why do you keep telling me over and over again that you want a D? Of course, I didn't ask that question.

Gordie 40s W 40s M20+ kids
2016 BD W fantasy affair w OM1 I do everything wrong
2017 I start to DB W says TLTL files for D PA w OM2
2018 I do LRT W drops filing and OM2 situation slowly improving
job Offline
Your wife is looking for that "zing" and/or "butterflies" she use to get when you two first met. She doesn't realize that infatuation w/someone doesn't continue on in a real loving relationship, i.e., loving becomes deep and more committed.

I hope things work out for you and your family, but you need to keep your expectations very low for now. If she doesn't get that "zing" feeling back she may change her entire attitude once again. Be patient, dig deeper for patience and know that she's still bouncing off the walls a bit.

Sit quietly, the answers will reveal themselves when you least expect them to.
The past is gone, the present is a gift and you need to focus on today, allow the future to reveal itself when it is ready.
G
Gordie Offline OP
OP Offline
G
Originally Posted By: job
Your wife is looking for that "zing" and/or "butterflies" she use to get when you two first met. She doesn't realize that infatuation w/someone doesn't continue on in a real loving relationship, i.e., loving becomes deep and more committed.

I hope things work out for you and your family, but you need to keep your expectations very low for now. If she doesn't get that "zing" feeling back she may change her entire attitude once again. Be patient, dig deeper for patience and know that she's still bouncing off the walls a bit.

Job, thanks for the note. I hadn't considered that she's trying to see if she can get those butterflies back. I'm trying hard to keep the expectations at zero...but it's hard when she is so clearly pursuing me.

job Offline
Try to sit back and just let things happen naturally. Don't question her on her actions. Keep those expectations very, very low for now.

I know you can do this!

Sit quietly, the answers will reveal themselves when you least expect them to.
The past is gone, the present is a gift and you need to focus on today, allow the future to reveal itself when it is ready.
G
Gordie Offline OP
OP Offline
G
Weekly update: its week two since our getaway and this is the longest stretch of w being positive toward me since b d. Wanting to spend time together. Wanting to talk. Wanting to have sex. Wanting to go to church together--a month ago she asked that we not do that anymore. Also, she was trying to do her own home maintenance and now she is back to asking me for help. No pressure from me. Only mentioned wanting to get a d one time and we didn't dwell on it.

B
B
hmmmm ... as hard as it must be, keep those expectations as close to 0 as possible. and keep doing what you're doing! xoxoxo

M 20+ T25+
S ~15.5 (BD)
BD 4/6/15
D 12/23/16

"Someone I loved once gave me
A box full of darkness.
It took me years to understand,
That this too, was a gift."
~ Mary Oliver
W
W
Gordie

There's a lot of positives in there, and I admire your patience. You're an inspiration to those of us also riding the roller coaster.

Keep doing what you're doing smile

--
Me: 47 WW: 35
SS: 17 D: 5
T: 7 yrs Engaged: 2 yrs
OEA confirmed: August 17 2016 ongoing since April 2016.
OEA continues (with occasional breaks)
BD2 - W says will visit OM in Jan 18
G
Gordie Offline OP
OP Offline
G
Weekly update: no major changes. More pursuing behavior by w. There was no mention of d this week. Focusing on the positives and not dwelling on the negativea. W and I are talking more and w is opening up more to me about her life. We continue to have sex regularly. I was going to take the kids somewhere for Easter and w wants to join us. I was surprised.

Page 6 of 11 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 10 11

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard