Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 8 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
coffee_ #2733093 03/07/17 10:53 AM
D
D
coffee,

I'm sorry you're having a rough day. Do you have any big goals or adventures planned?

doodler #2733162 03/07/17 04:01 PM
C
coffee_ Offline OP
OP Offline
C
Originally Posted By: doodler
coffee,

I'm sorry you're having a rough day. Do you have any big goals or adventures planned?

I went to Oregon a week ago and met up with my old friends, spent a week with they boyz shooting guns, drinking beer and shooting the bull. I had the trip planned before the final date was set, but I stopped into the court house and finalized then hit the road to Oregon. I had a really nice time. When I got back I worked a day and a half and got really sick, so I am pretty much 2 weeks behind on work. As of now I do not have any big adventures planned, just little ones. My GF's birthday is in a couple of weeks and we are going to stay at a quaint little hotel, we are in a long distance relationship so we are meeting in the middle for some relaxation.

I need to find a good activity for my S-14 and me to do together inside that doesn't require a shop...I love to cook and thought that would be a good thing for him to start doing.

M 21 years
XW 43yo, me 41 yo
S13
BD March 2016 - she asked me to patient...
End of June - I started the D process.
D final 2/23/17
"He who forgets will be destined to remember"
Eddie Vedder
coffee_ #2734226 03/15/17 07:59 AM
C
coffee_ Offline OP
OP Offline
C
I had another dip in the roller coaster called living life as a survivor of infidelity.
I haven't seen my son in 6 days, last night I picked him up from one activity and took him to another, then we went to grab a burger after to catch up. He told me the OM left a motorcycle at my XW's for him to use. This is the first time he has brought up the OM, I couldn't help but ask if he was her BF. S14 said the his mother told him it was nothing official and that they are not dating or anything, but he also said in middle school he would consider it dating.
I went through a pretty big emotional low, I knew this day would come that I would confirm the person who my XW invited in to our lives to contribute to the destruction of my family, the loss of my house and everything that I once knew to be reality. She never once admitted to being involved with this guy.
I fell asleep and woke up at 1:30, with the flood of emotions that came ripping back just as if it was yesterday. My mind raced, I realize I still have a bit of healing to do.
My thoughts turned to things that make me happy:
Being with my son
My healthy relationship with my GF
Woodworking and other crafty projects
Being outside, hiking, biking, camping, hunting
Cooking good food
Being with my friends and family who love me.
Doing a good job at work and being proud of my accomplishments.

I also realized (hopefully) that this guy is still just showing his best side to my XW. And that someday she will realize him for who he really is. A guy who was willing to destroy a family in order to get into her pants. Normal life problems will come back into play, laundry, dishes, kids events, oh and all the drama that comes with being with her. Her addicted, drunk father, her delinquent thieving little brother, and her cheating self.

Also, to help my healing, I feel its important to get revenge. To do this in a healthy way I need to be happy. In order to be happy I need to do the things on my list above, they truly do put a smile on my face. There are two things blocking me from persevering the happiness I desire. One is that I smoke electronic cigarettes, (I have not disclosed this to anybody really),I need to quit. It will hinder my outdoor activities, and it also limits my time that I wish to spend with my GF and S14. I need to gain my self confidence back. This is a small town and I sometimes just lock the door and stay home, I don't want to go out for fear that I will see my xw and the om. I need to get past that. For now those two things are my biggest roadblocks, and they both seem insurmountable. The only thing I can do to control this is to keep talking positivly about myself, to myself. I need to pick a date to quit using the E-Cigs. Because nobody knows about it I find it hard to be accountable, I need to just be accountable to myself.
Thanks for listening to my rant...I know that life will get better, patience, perseverance and just plain ol hard work will get me through this.

M 21 years
XW 43yo, me 41 yo
S13
D final 2/23/17
Eddie Vedder
coffee_ #2734334 03/15/17 03:46 PM
C
coffee_ Offline OP
OP Offline
C
I just wish some days I could just run away and start all over! It would be so easy for me to do...except for s14, he needs me and I need him right now.

M 21 years
XW 43yo, me 41 yo
S13
D final 2/23/17
Eddie Vedder
coffee_ #2734402 03/16/17 05:28 AM
D
D
Originally Posted By: coffee_
I just wish some days I could just run away and start all over! It would be so easy for me to do...except for s14, he needs me and I need him right now.

coffee,

Maybe you can start all over without running away?

doodler #2734418 03/16/17 06:35 AM
C
coffee_ Offline OP
OP Offline
C
I am working on that doodler. It is my only option right now. Divorce is hard! I know it will get better.

M 21 years
XW 43yo, me 41 yo
S13
D final 2/23/17
Eddie Vedder
coffee_ #2734422 03/16/17 06:49 AM
D
D
Divorce is hard!

You know it bro. It's the most difficult thing I've ever been through.

doodler #2735100 03/20/17 10:46 AM
C
coffee_ Offline OP
OP Offline
C
I guess the most difficult thing for me right now is knowing she is with the OM, it stinks, it could be with anybody else but him. I guess it just confirms that it was an exit affair. I am not looking forward to seeing them together, thus I avoid any opportunities where that may happen.

M 21 years
XW 43yo, me 41 yo
S13
D final 2/23/17
Eddie Vedder
coffee_ #2735251 03/21/17 07:18 AM
D
D
I am not looking forward to seeing them together, thus I avoid any opportunities where that may happen.

coffee,

That's probably something you should work on. I don't like being a bully, but if you google "bully" you can discover some of the techniques they use and put them to use in the right circumstances. Again, I'm not saying you should be a bully, but it is helpful to know how to be commanding in certain social situations. Have fun!

doodler #2735495 03/22/17 11:42 AM
C
coffee_ Offline OP
OP Offline
C
Originally Posted By: doodler
I am not looking forward to seeing them together, thus I avoid any opportunities where that may happen.

coffee,

That's probably something you should work on. I don't like being a bully, but if you google "bully" you can discover some of the techniques they use and put them to use in the right circumstances. Again, I'm not saying you should be a bully, but it is helpful to know how to be commanding in certain social situations. Have fun!

Oh I like that advice! I understand what you are saying. I was going a totally different direction.

M 21 years
XW 43yo, me 41 yo
S13
D final 2/23/17
Eddie Vedder
Page 8 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard