Print Thread
Page 8 of 11 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 11
Dawgs #2742415 05/08/17 09:38 AM
D
Dawgs Offline OP
OP Offline
D
HQ updates soon grin

There are moments in this life when you are so confident in the rightness of your actions, that not even for a second do you consider the option that you might be wrong.
Dawgs #2742422 05/08/17 10:01 AM
D
D
Jeep,

I'm anxiously awaiting the update!

Dawgs #2742456 05/08/17 12:53 PM
D
D
Originally Posted By: Jeep74
C'mon Dawn, its out there if you want in..

Thanks...I'll get there eventually! wink I'm kinda slow in my old age. LOL

Me 52, H53
Bomb drop 9/29/2014
Divorce from XH final 12/17/2014
Marriage #2 12/31/2019
5 adult (step)daughters (3 from XH's first marriage, 2 from current H's previous relationships)
6 grandkids
doodler #2751681 07/18/17 03:21 AM
D
Dawgs Offline OP
OP Offline
D
So the latest and greatest from the Harley Quinn files.

HQ left Sunday after a week-long visit. Ended up breaking my cardinal rule about other people meeting my children, but the ex had once again postponed the pickup day for their two-weeks in the summer. HQ's flight came in the day before the kids left, so she got a hotel room and rented a car for the day and came over. Wasn't totally unannounced as I knew. The kids took to her like ducks to water. Just introduced her as a friend. Oh, and they have seen her during our late night facetimes...they'd always manage to get out of bed and jump in my lap before I could shut it down...so they have "met" her so-to-speak.

Anyway, on to the visit. The kids left the next day so that wasn't an issue. HQ stayed with me the rest of the time. She still has friends in the area from back then, so we spent some time catching up and also doing the touristy thing. Took her to a neighboring city and stayed in a B&B on Saturday.

I'd have to say it was one of the best times. Had more fun with her than anyone ever before. And she gets me like none other ever has.

So, now the kicker. As some are aware, HQ and I have had several visits and talk almost nightly. She is now actively searching for jobs and places to live here. Side note, I've been messaged by mutual friends on FB resulting from some of HQs posts (where she talks of moving to my area)...seems like this train is rolling full steam now.

And I'm ok with that.

There are moments in this life when you are so confident in the rightness of your actions, that not even for a second do you consider the option that you might be wrong.
Dawgs #2751724 07/18/17 04:59 AM
D
D
Jeep,

As I live and breathe! How the h3ll are you?

I get tons of vicarious pleasure that you and HQ are together. I don't know why that is, but I do.

Strange coincidence, I almost watched "Suicide Squad" last night, but I decided I should get some sleep instead.

doodler #2751731 07/18/17 05:32 AM
D
Dawgs Offline OP
OP Offline
D
Doodler,

Howya doing, my friend? It's been a while. Just stopped posting here as I've turned the corner, so-to-speak. Have been really busy with work and the TW site. The group of DB misfits over there is hopping and doing very, very well.

Thanks for the kind words. HQ is just what the doctor ordered. This trip was crazy good and fun. We did a lot of stuff around town. I ended up taking a few days off from work and made it a mini-vacation. I posted a pic over on TW of HQ playing with a mutual friends kid in the fountain. Good stuff, my friend. Seems right this time. We pretty much watched the sun rise Sunday talking about things and what's happening and where they are going. She expressed interest in coming back and I told her I was good with that. She has a few call backs on jobs and is actively house hunting. I also pulled some strings in my company and can get her set up with a job here if she chooses.

The ex is just an afterthought now. Only speak concerning the kids, and that's it. Nothing more, nothing less. Oh, recall the bad blood between the ex and HQ? Well, seems that the ex stalked my FB and saw some of HQs comments on pics I posted. That stirred the pot...

doodler #2751736 07/18/17 05:49 AM
D
Dawgs Offline OP
OP Offline
D
Hey man, PM me over on TW and I'll show you some of the pics.

Dawgs #2751864 07/19/17 12:46 AM
D
D
Jeep,

It sounds like things are really moving along with you and HQ. Good for the two of you!

I'll be in touch shortly.

doodler #2751919 07/19/17 03:26 AM
D
D
So glad to hear that things are going well with HQ. That is awesome! Best of luck to you both. smile

Me 52, H53
Bomb drop 9/29/2014
Divorce from XH final 12/17/2014
Marriage #2 12/31/2019
5 adult (step)daughters (3 from XH's first marriage, 2 from current H's previous relationships)
6 grandkids
D
Dawgs Offline OP
OP Offline
D
It's been a long time since I've posted on here so I thought I'd drop by and see how things are.

My divorce is almost a year old now. Actually, I can look back and think WTF. When the kids are facetiming her I look at her and am actually kind of disgusted. I must have lost my mind back then.

I'm doing better than great. The group from here is still alive and well over on Tacoma world and we've all actually helped each other better than before. The misfits, we are.

Some of you will remember the Harely Quinn story. She's back and we are working. We shall see on that one.

All I can is this - the divorce did a number on my trust. Probably will never get married again. It is what it is. But life is great! The kids are adapting well and both are making honor roll consecutive semesters, so that's great.

Loving life. Doing my own thing without a second thought of the ex. Funny how time erases a lot of crap. Keep up that good work! Each and every one of you got this!

Page 8 of 11 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 11

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard