Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 6 of 11 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 10 11
P
P
Irish

You did good
Sounds all in all a valuable trip for the girls and saying everyone getting to see and say goodbye to Charlie-a powerful lesson
Im glad Charle was good to the girls and he could see who you are
the amazing father that he never was..what an awesome validation and example to set
Its nice to see that people actually notice your hard work and continued growth and integrity

AS for XW
She seems so weak in her desire to reconnect
with
the words she chooses and the thoughts she conveys to girls
still blames everyone else-like her pain is your fault
she will have to hit bottom hard-and the MLCer will continue to avoiding inner reflection pain and conflict
they want fun
She also seems angry

maybe the New life did not evolve the way she thought
I believe the MLC believes if they create this new life with OP, They will be really Happy
a life free of responsibility and problems

Thats an illusion but it takes a while for them to figure it out
sometimes a long time

married 14 years
H 42
bomb 2/07 IDLYA
D final 3 /09
M ow D ow
B
B
Irish - you ok? What's going on? Miss your updates. Happy Easter xo

M 20+ T25+
S ~15.5 (BD)
BD 4/6/15
D 12/23/16

"Someone I loved once gave me
A box full of darkness.
It took me years to understand,
That this too, was a gift."
~ Mary Oliver
I
Irish M Offline OP
OP Offline
I
Hi Bttrfly

thanks for checking in with me , happy Easter to you too. xx

Easter shopping was completed last Thursday and I took the day off Friday to go with D16 to finally pick up her Prom dress.

She has been stressing a little bit since the store she picked it out from said they'd call her when it came in and never did. I decided to go there and sort it out.

We arrive and the store is closed. So I asked the neighbor store if they knew the hours of he dress store . He said Friday the do open but later. So I decided to stay in that area of the city with D16 and shop for her shoes. This part of downtin is a Wedding/prom/tux

M51
XW43 (38 at bd)
BD1 MAY 30 2015
BD2 JUNE 25 2015 by text
moved out Aug 2 2015
left both Daughters 13 and 15 (now 18-20)
Her divorce Final July 26 2016
Last time she saw her kids Aug 2 2015
I
Irish M Offline OP
OP Offline
I
sorry about that.. lol

to continue

This part of downtown is a Wedding/prom/tux main location of clothing. Store after store for a multiple of street blocks. Shoes, purses, hair and nail salons and many great restaurants.

We decided to eat so I took her to an old style diner. When we walked in she said she loved it. Elvis was everywhere. Decor of the 50's.

After eating it was shoe store after shoe store. Bingo we got them. At the cash i see the purses.. jackpot. match the shoes and we are done.

We head back to the dress store , still closed :-(
So I say, lets go try on a few other dresses in case you might of missed something. We do a few shops and she tries them on. She looks amazing. I am taken back a little. My little girls is growing up . fast. then it hits me. Her mom is no part of this. I shake it off and we continue our day.

I know my daughter when she has her heart on something she holds onto that until the end. We head back to that shop and I pray it to be open. We get there and it is open. Yayyy... Once inside she sees her dress and the look in her eyes glows with joy. I ask the clerk if her size came in. She says, yes they are unpacking the boxes now. 30 mins later she is holding the dress. She tries it on and WOW.

lets just say a few women , well all the women there since i was the only daddy in those stores with his daughter were crying because they saw the tears welt up in my eyes.. It was like the day of my wedding , D16 was 9 at the time. She was a flower girl with D14. I balled my eyes out seeing them in there dresses. So happy that mommy and daddy were getting married. That same feeling rushed through me. Nearly knocked me off my feet.

So we pay for the dress, D16 is glowing , so happy. It Was a great day.

This morning I wake up to anger. Anger with XW. Missing all this .
I know it will pass as it always does. But I want to write to her and tell her that I hate her for what she did to her family, to me.. to the girls.

I'm writing it out here so hopefully that urge will pass.

breath Irish... breath..

hope everyone is having a nice Easter weekend.

Irish .

M51
XW43 (38 at bd)
BD1 MAY 30 2015
BD2 JUNE 25 2015 by text
moved out Aug 2 2015
job Offline
I am definitely sure your D looks like a princess in her prom gown. I am so glad you were able to find the shoes and accessories for her special night. Be sure to take plenty of photos. It's not very often that a father gets involved in the prom dress shopping. This was a very special outing for the both of you.

I do understand your anger...but nothing can change your xw's view right now. The best thing is to continue to come here and vent away. Trying to guilt her won't help her, you or your girls. The best revenge is to live well and enjoy life.

Happy Easter to you and your family! Spring is a sign of new beginnings for all.

Sit quietly, the answers will reveal themselves when you least expect them to.
The past is gone, the present is a gift and you need to focus on today, allow the future to reveal itself when it is ready.
B
B
When you typed "Elvis was everywhere" I heard that Mojo Nixon and Skid Roper song "Elvis is Everywhere" -- do you know it? gave me a chuckle, as I too love Elvis.

I can only imagine how beautiful your daughter looked in her gown. You are both lucky to have each other, and to share these priceless memories.

I know your anger well and mirror it, especially on Easter, as it was our last family holiday. All the while we were celebrating as a family with our respective parents he was planning to drop the bomb the next day. Today, on this holy day, I feel so much anger. And you know, it's not about calling the ex to give them guilt. I could care less about his guilt. Some days I'm just so angry at what he did to our family, to our son. With few exceptions I have practiced such self-restraint and sometimes my Italian temper just feels like it's ready to explode. I wish I had a punching bag as throwing several punches at a bag would definitely get this anger out of my body.

Irish, I hope you did something physical to get the excess energy out of your body. I hope you went for a vigorous walk or hike, or went to the gym. Venting here helps but the physical act of doing something that causes you to move or sweat is the most helpful. Yard work, anything physical that gets you moving.

Happy Easter to you my friend. Better days are ahead for all of us. xo

Continue venting here.

M 20+ T25+
S ~15.5 (BD)
BD 4/6/15
D 12/23/16

A box full of darkness.
~ Mary Oliver
K
kml Offline
K
Bttrfly, my friend used to date Mojo way back in the day before he met his wife. He's super nice and funny in person.

B
B
^^^^ smile {{{kml}}}

Irish - it occurs to me ... you are Canadian, et vous parlez Francais ... peut-être aimez-vous le hockey?

Je suis une fan des Bruins ... Je serai dévasté si vous êtes fan des Habs ... mais je suppose que je peux vous pardonner wink que pensez-vous de Claude Julien?

Admirez Patrice Bergeron? C'est mon Bruin préféré. Tout cœur, et nous partageons un nom, lol.

I just shut off the Bruins/Senators game. Sigh. The boys from Boston didn't look good in that first half period. I must stop the hockey talk now. I love hockey and baseball, son's two sports.

I stand by what I said earlier mon ami - I know when I'm really angry at exh the one thing that has consistently helped me to feel better is to do something physical ... swimming laps until I'm exhausted, usually. Helps clear my mind. I hope you had a beautiful Easter with the girls. I'm sorry that D16s prom preparations brought up some old emotions but I think that's to be expected. It means you are processing this and is a testament to how much you loved your eew ...

D16 has you, and Thank God she does! She will have amazing memories, as will you. Eew will have regrets. Sad that, but we are all on our own paths here.

Vive les Bruins! HA! xo

M 20+ T25+
S ~15.5 (BD)
BD 4/6/15
D 12/23/16

A box full of darkness.
~ Mary Oliver
R
R
Irish,

Don't contact her about your anger.

Wow what a day. Most dads never get to experience that. Often it is a girly thing done between mother and daughter. It is sad that your W is missing out on such occasions but YOU are getting bonus occasions with your girls.
Best wishes

R 25 years
M 14 years
S11 & S13
Working on it alone since Oct 2014
M in trouble a lot earlier (~2 years)
Feb 2016. 1st R chat in a yr.
Next R chat Aug'17
Still together
I
Irish M Offline OP
OP Offline
I
Hi guys
I didn't contact her. I kept it in and took it out on the hiking trails around my house.

No news from her since with the exception of today.

Got a call from the SQ . Provincial police in my area. Looking for my ex. Well someone with the same name. Weird thing is they called my personal cell.

I asked them if she in trouble. They said no. They need to question her about someone she knows. They told me his name and it wasn't OM. A name I didn't recognize.

I gave them the numbers I had to reach her.

Later that day. I get a text from XW.
Hi, they are looking for another ( first name , last name) it wasn't me.

So today it's makeover day. Me and D14. My hair had gotten long. It gets waves and curls. My D14 wants a purple tint.

Yes Bttrfly. I am In Quebec. Montreal Habs fan all the way.
This area has a huge Irish population.

Hope you all well. I'll keep my distance from XW and concentrate on my girls .

Grass has turned green and the snow is all melted , summer time is on its way.
:-)

M51
XW43 (38 at bd)
BD1 MAY 30 2015
BD2 JUNE 25 2015 by text
moved out Aug 2 2015
Page 6 of 11 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 10 11

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard