Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 8 of 12 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 11 12
D
D
I'd respond like this: "Thank you! Hope you have a great day." And leave it at that.

There are moments in this life when you are so confident in the rightness of your actions, that not even for a second do you consider the option that you might be wrong.
M
M
Originally Posted By: jbroken
I have clicked on it yet as she will be able to see that I have read it. Should I wait a while to check it? And once I do should I reply? What should I say as a response?

What works for you? I used to stress every time to get that 'perfect' time in between when I got the text and when I responded. I realized it was a waste of energy. Id say, in general, dont always respond right away. But I dont think theres much of a difference between 15 minutes, an hour, 3 hours, and so on. It doesnt sound like theres much communication anyway, but if it does increase, then waiting and responding all at once after a work day is reasonable.

As for the response, Jeep's is fine. Id probably say something like "Thanks. You take care also." or something. Short and simple.

K
K
Originally Posted By: Kaizen
Id probably say something like "Thanks. You take care also." or something. Short and simple.

I agree with Kaizen - "Thanks. You take care also."

jbroken - I assume you are in London, so I do hope that you take care and everything is okay - stay safe. I think her text was out of compassion for someone she has previously cared about. London had a tragedy yesterday, so people reach out to friends and family. Don't read into it.

M:39 W:36 - D1:2 D2:6
11/19/16 BD1: ILYBNILWY, EA/PA
Dec/Jan: MC, pursuing, not DBing
1/11/17 BD2: W wants 1 month break
2/1/17: Divorce Remedy. Start DBing
2/17/17 BD3: W - separation to start D process
L
L
I agree with the others! Keep your reply short and simple. People tend to reach out with a softer heart in the face of frightening things happening around them. Don't read too much into it on a personal level. But do stay safe. We are praying for your city.

M-60 H-51
M-14 years
BD 12/26/16
S 1/1/17

"First the pain, then the rising."
Glennon Doyle Melton

J
jbroken Offline OP
OP Offline
J
Jeep74, Kaizen, KevinIn, leahsue, thank you all for your prayers and concern. It was indeed a tragedy. But, we are a resilient lot - already onwards and upwards.

I guess I want to believe she has more concern for me than say, a friend. But, seems like I'm just another one on a list.

A very large part of me doesn't even want to respond. I don't know how exactly to place that - it's like 'you don't have the right to care about me.' Any thoughts?

If I do respond, I'll do so after work. Going to go with Kaizen's suggestion - 'Thanks. You take care also.'

Me:35 W:35
M:5 T:7
NO KIDS
S: 3rd Nov 2016 to 4th Feb 2017
BD: 7th Mar 2017
GD: 6 weeks
D
D
'Be safe - and try and go to work earlier to avoid rush hours too.'

jbroken,

In response, I'd have to be cheeky. I'd buy an alphabet stencil and washable markers and get a friend to stencil that sentence ("Be safe...") on your chest so it looks like a tattoo. Then take a picture of it and send the picture to her along with a message that says that her words meant so much to you that you had them tattooed on your chest.

What woman could resist a guy who'd do that? wink

J
jbroken Offline OP
OP Offline
J
doodler,

I'll save that move as a last resort. Though I am tempted by the idea!

NO KIDS
D
D
doodler,

I'll save that move as a last resort. Though I am tempted by the idea!

Doodler has some fantastic ideas at times...

I like this. May have to try it out on HQ and see if it gets a rise...

There are moments in this life when you are so confident in the rightness of your actions, that not even for a second do you consider the option that you might be wrong.
J
jbroken Offline OP
OP Offline
J
Folks,

I'm really not sure if I even want to respond to my W! It's now approaching a day. A week ago I would've reacted differently. Is this part of the 'screw you too' phase? Have any of you felt this way?

I believe this is mainly because of the way I was treated when she left. I wrote her messages for a couple of days after and she would read but not respond. Made her relationship status private on FB, blocked me on Instagram, ignored my mother's message, etc.

I'm so confused about these mixed feelings.

NO KIDS
D
D
Given that its been a day now, don't even bother...it would look odd that late into the game.

Quote:
I believe this is mainly because of the way I was treated when she left. I wrote her messages for a couple of days after and she would read but not respond. Made her relationship status private on FB, blocked me on Instagram, ignored my mother's message, etc.

So, here's the deal - just let it go. Hard to do. Very hard. But that is telling. She doesn't want to be bothered. If she texts or whatever, answer back with a small, quick thing.

Don't even try to figure it out. It'll mess you up...

Page 8 of 12 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 11 12

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard