Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 5 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 10 11
D
Dawgs Offline OP
OP Offline
D
What a great weekend. The ex's ghost didn't bother me in the least little bit! Had a great time with the kids...birthday party, wild life refuge, out to get pizza. A great, great time. That ego boost was quite the icing on an already great day - but that's just what it was, an ego boost. I'll keep the number, though.

So, had a very nice Skype session with a certain miss Harley Quinn last night that went on for over an hour. Funny how an hour passes without even realizing it. At any rate, she gave me a list of three different weekends she can make it. And, we talked a bit about the little vacation she had mentioned - that little cabin in the mountains in the north part of the state. I haven't made my mind up on it yet, so we will see. Maybe I need to break the Specialized out and get back in biking shape.

We did have a talk about the kids and that I can't bring anyone around them for quite a while. She was better than OK with that - she understood completely and said the same thing about her son. She said that she would when things were right - no sooner.

I am slowly learning how to handle the children's talk about their mom coming back. Geez that isn't fun.

There are moments in this life when you are so confident in the rightness of your actions, that not even for a second do you consider the option that you might be wrong.
D
D
Originally Posted By: Jeep74
I am slowly learning how to handle the children's talk about their mom coming back. Geez that isn't fun.

Jeep,

It sounds like your relationship with HQ is easy like Sunday morning. It's nice when everyone is singing the same tune.

My youngest son keeps telling me that mommy has been saying nice things about me. I know he wants things to be the way that they used to be, but he doesn't understand that the chance of that is one in a billion. It's a heart breaking to know how much it hurts him.

D
Dawgs Offline OP
OP Offline
D
How's it hanging, doodler?

I do agree on the same tune part. We will see what happens.

Quote:
My youngest son keeps telling me that mommy has been saying nice things about me. I know he wants things to be the way that they used to be, but he doesn't understand that the chance of that is one in a billion. It's a heart breaking to know how much it hurts him.

Ugh. Man, that is sucktastic on so many levels. Mine talk about her like all is right. I think part of it is that they think when she retires and comes back that she will also be coming back to the family...its like they don't want to hear the other part.

There are moments in this life when you are so confident in the rightness of your actions, that not even for a second do you consider the option that you might be wrong.
D
Dawgs Offline OP
OP Offline
D
Doodler,

Quote:
HQ is easy like Sunday morning

Had to look up the easy like sunday morning lyrics ya know...I don't even know what to think. haha.

D
D
Doodler,

Had to look up the easy like sunday morning lyrics ya know...I don't even know what to think. haha.

Oops! It's been so long since I've heard that song that I didn't recall what it was about. That's certainly not what I meant. I meant that it seems like you and HQ seem to be on the same page. Maybe that's a better metaphor. I've go to be careful with references to songs. Janie's got a gun...

D
Dawgs Offline OP
OP Offline
D
Doodler,

Haha. I know what you meant. Just pulling your chain, my friend.

D
Dawgs Offline OP
OP Offline
D
I had been reading several different threads in the Newcomer's forum where they were talking about the kids going from house to house and its affect on them. That gives me a huge case of the sads. I hate that so much. Its been on my mind for most of the morning...so I ended up calling Harley Quinn over my lunch hour. Wow, there is something about that sing-song voice of hers that puts me at ease. Just to talk, nothing else.

Sometimes I kick myself over the way things turned out with her. However, I know that if it did run its course, I never would have had my kids. I had a talk with one of my friends who is a big believer in fate and such...she told me that even if I had let things with Harley run their course, I still would have ended up with the ex and have had my children.

Then she brought up an interesting point, what were the chances of us both being in the same book store? Especially since the ex lived roughly 45 minutes away. Anyway, its enough to make one think.

D
Dawgs Offline OP
OP Offline
D
Ugh. Have some dealings with the ex on Friday. Why is it that its like salt being poured on open wounds? I mean, not so much for me but for the kids. Geez.

D
D
Why is it that its like salt being poured on open wounds? I mean, not so much for me but for the kids. Geez.

Jeep,

I don't know why it is the way it is. I still apologize to my sons for the divorce even though I wasn't the one doing the divorcing. They are such good sons and they didn't do anything to deserve what they've had to go through. I know I did the best I could to keep things together, but I'm sure I'll be apologizing to them until the day I die.

D
Dawgs Offline OP
OP Offline
D
Doodler,

This is just plain sucktastic, man. My kids. Man this makes me so sick.

I have to deal with her Friday and things are coming back up. That damn ghost is bull-whipping me like there is no tomorrow. Ugh. Just ugh. Not a very good day for Jeep, sir.

Quote:
I don't know why it is the way it is. I still apologize to my sons for the divorce even though I wasn't the one doing the divorcing. They are such good sons and they didn't do anything to deserve what they've had to go through. I know I did the best I could to keep things together, but I'm sure I'll be apologizing to them until the day I die.

I find myself apologizing for things, too. I hate this. Like you said, mine are great kids and don't deserve any of this. I tried. I really really tried. I'm so tired now, man. I'm so afraid I'm failing them and that I'm in over my head.

Page 5 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 10 11

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard