Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 11 1 2 3 4 10 11
C
C
Originally Posted By: WshIKnw
What's hard for me is to eat, especially in the mornings.

At least this is something you can actually FIX.

YOU!

Me-70, D37,S36
W
WshIKnw Offline OP
OP Offline
W
I don't know how to fix a poor appetite. I've always had it. And of course right now it's way worse. Mornings are my hardest part of the day, which you guys may have noticed.

M: 33, W: 30 @BD
M 7, T 10
BD: Early Dec
W left: Late Dec
W got stuff: Late Jan
W sent S papers: Mid Feb
OM cnfrmd: Late Feb

Pain can yield tremendous growth OR everlasting sadness and bitterness.
D
D
Quote:
I don't know how to fix a poor appetite. I've always had it. And of course right now it's way worse. Mornings are my hardest part of the day, which you guys may have noticed.

Right after BD, I went from 185 to about 170. Lost a lot of muscle mass because I just quit eating, too, but still tried working out. Eventually, I figured out that behaving like that was counterproductive for my own good health. I couldn't change things I couldn't control, so I just worked on what I could - me. Now, I'm back up to fighting weight and in the best shape of my life. Exercise is by far the SINGLE best antidepressant there is.

There are moments in this life when you are so confident in the rightness of your actions, that not even for a second do you consider the option that you might be wrong.
D
D
Do you work out? If so, make a protein shake/smoothie and hit the gym. Take out your frustrations on the weights, whatever. When I'm feeling particularly bad, I hit the punching bag for a bit. Gives me nothing else to think about but that. And I hit it hard. Lately, I've been pushing myself further than I have in many years.

You'll figure it out.

There are moments in this life when you are so confident in the rightness of your actions, that not even for a second do you consider the option that you might be wrong.
K
K
What's hard for me is to eat, especially in the mornings.

Easy fix - down a substantial protein shake immediately after working out. Have another protein shake first thing in the morning. You need to eat too, but this will at least help some.

I also don't have much of an appetite and have lost weight, but i've been working out too. To keep the muscle and lose the fat, i just make sure to keep up with the protein shakes since i can manage to finish those even when i don't have an appetite.

Originally Posted By: Jeep74
When I'm feeling particularly bad, I hit the punching bag for a bit. Gives me nothing else to think about but that. And I hit it hard.

I've been punching a bag a lot lately too, and its very therapeutic. I had never been into boxing before wife's BD#1, but now i'm all about punching that bag. Feels good.

M:39 W:36 - D1:2 D2:6
11/19/16 BD1: ILYBNILWY, EA/PA
Dec/Jan: MC, pursuing, not DBing
1/11/17 BD2: W wants 1 month break
2/1/17: Divorce Remedy. Start DBing
2/17/17 BD3: W - separation to start D process
D
D
Quote:
I've been punching a bag a lot lately too, and its very therapeutic. I had never been into boxing before wife's BD#1, but now i'm all about punching that bag. Feels good.

Yes, yes it does. May do that today. Yesterday's was a quick 4 mile run followed by 10 sets of 8-count body builders. Good stuff.

C
C
So what are the underlying reasons for a loss of appetite.

Stress, anxiety are the two prime candidates, also depression.

All these are things that YOU can work on to FIX.

Don't feel bad - most of us have been on the LBS DIET and
lost lots of weight.
So within this you can establish some goals.
Things you can actually DO without needing a relationship to DO it.

Me-70, D37,S36
W
WshIKnw Offline OP
OP Offline
W
Originally Posted By: Cadet
So within this you can establish some goals.
Things you can actually DO without needing a relationship to DO it.

I guess you are referencing the idea that there are a lot of things that the WAS complained about, but only some of them one can actually show improvement on, without the WAS around. Very good point. My appetite, my health, weight, size, looks, etc. are one of the things that I can work on. It's also ironic how some of the things she complained about, I'd absolutely love to give her, in a second, but she won't let me.

M 7, T 10

W
WshIKnw Offline OP
OP Offline
W
The car that has been hanging outside her house in the evenings has been confirmed to belong to the male coworker that I was strongly suspicious of. I'm going to have to call this a confirmed affair, whether just emotional or physical, given all the evidence that I now have. She can try to say they are just friends, but if it's just his car and her car there.. and he is married with 4 kids... When my wife was telling me about this "nice guy" at her new job, with the "terrible wife", and I became concerned about her becoming too friendly with straight males near her age, she said "he's old". At some point (maybe not that same day), I asked "how old?", and she said, "36" -- only 3 years older than me.

Sandi, is my wife a horrible monster, or is she deserving of forgiveness? Can the lying monster, that treated me like I was Satan for being neglectful, ever truly be trusted again? For 10 years, she was a great girl, for all that I know anyway. She had a temper, but I knew her to be of very sound moral character, and to be a mostly compassionate person.

M 7, T 10

C
C
Can the lying monster, that treated me like I was Satan for being neglectful, ever truly be trusted again?

The answer is not right now.

Maybe again in the future but not right now.

Me-70, D37,S36
Page 2 of 11 1 2 3 4 10 11

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard