Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 6 10 11
G
G
Jeep,

I may be in the minority here but if we love deeply, I'm not sure we ever really "get over" that person. I don't mean we pine over them or even want to be with them regardless of the circumstances. I just think that being with them changed is and I don't mean because of events that transpired leading up to and post D. I thought one way and now I realize otherwise. Some days it's a good feeling and sometimes it leaves me a bit unsettled, however, it's just where I am.

You don't have to decide what HQ will be right now. Everything reveals itself in time. :-)

3 kids
BD 12/15/13 (IDKIILY. )
Rope dropped Cirque du Soleil style
D final 9-9-14
"Some people are born on 3rd base and go through life thinking they hit a triple." Barry Switzer
G
G
I miss that dizzam edit button. Oops changed us. And it's not that we don't move on and forward. We are just "altered internally." My 2 cents.

3 kids
BD 12/15/13 (IDKIILY. )
D final 9-9-14
"Some people are born on 3rd base and go through life thinking they hit a triple." Barry Switzer
D
Dawgs Offline OP
OP Offline
D
Hey Georgiabelle!

I agree with everything you said. They don't ever leave, but we do move on and forward.

As far as HQ is concerned. Guess that will be revealed in time... I like your way of thinking.

There are moments in this life when you are so confident in the rightness of your actions, that not even for a second do you consider the option that you might be wrong.
D
Dawgs Offline OP
OP Offline
D
Georgiabelle,

Changing gears. What dorm did you stay in? Spent my freshman year in the O House and most of the rest in apartments off of Springdale. Good times and great friends made there. We still laugh about the potato gun incidents. Man I miss those days.

There are moments in this life when you are so confident in the rightness of your actions, that not even for a second do you consider the option that you might be wrong.
G
G
Ha! I paid for school myself so I lived in the cheapest dorm in the quad. No air:-). I lived in River Mill and some apts off Lexington. When "Gameday" was there a few years back, they broadcast from the Quad. I told my kids "That's where Mommy lived!!!" They weren't impressed :-)

A town has changed so much. It's much ATL suburb to me now except for downtown and a few other areas (Barnett Shoals, Gaines School areas) I do love to visit.

3 kids
BD 12/15/13 (IDKIILY. )
D final 9-9-14
D
Dawgs Offline OP
OP Offline
D
When did you go? I was there from 92 - 96.

I do remember that broadcast! I never miss a game on tv is possible. Haven't been back to a game since just after Richt took over. Most of the time just lived too far away to go.

My kids are everything UGA - especially my son. Heck, he has lego UGA players we set up and play with.

I need to get back. My brother and I are planning a game this upcoming season - will be my son's first. Hopefully we can make it happen.

I'm kind of saddened about all that change. Wonder if the old haunts are still there like the Nowhere Bar and all. Brings back a lot of great memories.

D
D
I think you are absolutely dead-on accurate when you say that some things never really go away. And, honestly, would you want them to? I mean, like it or not, your XW is going to be rooted in your memories as the mother of your children. Whether you are with her or not, they will always be a part of her. FWIW, I say embrace the good memories and just do your best to squash the bad ones. I know, from your posts, that your children are still young and there are lots of things that might be issues now (them still "believing in her", as you say or them hoping for y'all to be back together), but as they get older, they will see you as separate entities and the more you can share in their happier memories, the better off you will all be in the end. But, that's just my opinion, so you can take it or leave it, as you see fit.

Happy Friday, Jeep! Hope it is a good one. smile

Me 52, H53
Bomb drop 9/29/2014
Divorce from XH final 12/17/2014
Marriage #2 12/31/2019
5 adult (step)daughters (3 from XH's first marriage, 2 from current H's previous relationships)
6 grandkids
D
Dawgs Offline OP
OP Offline
D
Hi Dawn! How's my favorite Razorback doing?

Honestly, no, I do not want those things to totally go away. I'm getting to the point where the good memories far outweigh everything else and where they also don't cause the pain they used to.

I try so hard to do create nothing but happy memories for them. Thank you so much for that bit of advice. I'm going to say that I'm starting to see and face some parental alienation...and also from her family. Just little snippits, but its starting. Her family is none-too-happy that their "precious angel" didn't get custody and everything else...and they are letting everyone hear it, and I'm afraid the children, too. I haven't dropped any truth bombs on them yet, but I fell it may be coming if they don't change their ways. Ugh.

Thank you so much for stopping by!

GO DAWGS!

D
Dawgs Offline OP
OP Offline
D
Ego boost for the day:

Took the kids to a birthday party where the kids far outweighed the adults. One of the parents was a very pretty 28 yr old mom whose son is in my son's class. Somehow we started talking and she pretty much stayed talking to me for the entire party. I think it was her asking me if I've ever read "The Handmaid's Tale," which I did some 20 years ago or so. It was like the dam burst...she ended up giving me her number and said call if you'd like to get coffee and talk about it sometime. Not sure I'll ever use it but sure was nice boost!

D
D
Jeep74,

That's cool! Great ego booster. I really enjoy those chance meetings.

Last night I was in the grocery store and a woman yelled out, "Hey loser!" I turned around and said, "I'm not a loser!" Then we had a brief exchange until her boyfriend arrived. Oh well...

Page 4 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 6 10 11

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard