Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 9 of 11 1 2 7 8 9 10 11
D
D
Quote:
its crazy who they become

Understatement of the year!!!

There are moments in this life when you are so confident in the rightness of your actions, that not even for a second do you consider the option that you might be wrong.
J
jkr2023 Offline OP
OP Offline
J
Wow!.....so it actually gets worse. I didn't think that was possible. Going on call with my attorney now. Have updates shortly.

J
jkr2023 Offline OP
OP Offline
J
We'll talk with attorney didn't go as planned. She told me that what WW was offering was a smoking deal. So I guess I will sign it. How did you guys get the closure of feeling like your side of the story was heard and that you were not the problem? I'm not from the area where we resided so I feel like everyone took her side? They don't realize that she is a WW. Not yet anyways.

L
L
Originally Posted By: jkr2023
And honestly I didn't come to this realization until my divorce attorney slapped me in the face with it about 3 hours ago. She told me to quit dragging my feet, get in touch with the reality of the situation, and move forward. She said the one thing I CAN guarantee you is that WW will get a divorce from me, no matter how long I stall, beg, plead, etc. if that's what she wants, then the judge will grant it. Listen to the guys on here, they know what they are talking about. You are gonna drive yourself crazy, I know I did. I feel like a huge weight is off of my shoulders now, I have felt more normal in the last 3 hours than I have in the last 5 months. Take the butterfly reference to heart. Accept, let go, and be the best you can be. What's meant to be will be. Accepting the reality will be the biggest relief ou have felt in some time, I promise. It's tough, but you can do it.

Accepting the situation for what it is, is gold. I'd suggest signing the settlement. No arguing with her or trying to convince her to come back. And of course have strong boundaries.

When you accept and let go, it gives you the freedom to navigate your own life more freely. You might begin to see a shift in your sitch.

Please continue to post so we can provide our support.

Me:45 ExW:48
M:04/97
3 Bombs & 2 ReCons
1st BD 11/10
D Finalized 4/20
D-16 S-14
Going in one more round when you don't think you can. That's what makes all the difference in life.~Rocky Balboa
D
D
Quote:

We'll talk with attorney didn't go as planned. She told me that what WW was offering was a smoking deal. So I guess I will sign it. How did you guys get the closure of feeling like your side of the story was heard and that you were not the problem? I'm not from the area where we resided so I feel like everyone took her side? They don't realize that she is a WW. Not yet anyways.

I'd be interested in seeing why the atty said her deal was so great. JKR, you never will find the closure you are looking for...that's one of things you will just have to accept. I say that because they will never give a straight answer that hasn't been twisted to fit their perceived history.

You are on her turf and everyone will take her side. Period. Now the question remains, do you want to carpet bomb them or just do a few surgical strikes with the info you have? I am sitting on a sh*t ton of info I could send if I wanted to but haven't yet. Even though her family and friends are taking small potshots at me, I haven't felt the need to lay waste. However, I told the ex after the most recent attack by her mom that if it happens again that the strikes will begin...not a peep since.

Its up to you. A person can only take so much...and a person has a right to defend themselves and their name. Quite honestly, they don't think twice about saying stuff that could potentially be damaging to ones self or career. Release what you have to when you have to.

There are moments in this life when you are so confident in the rightness of your actions, that not even for a second do you consider the option that you might be wrong.
J
jkr2023 Offline OP
OP Offline
J
xxx a month child support and xxx cash. That's all she wants. Joint legal and her primary physical custody, me with visitation whenever I want. I own a construction business that does millions a year in business. She could have asked for 10times that.

Last edited by Cadet; 02/23/17 10:45 AM. Reason: edit
D
D
Wow. That is not bad.

Why is she getting physical primary? Be careful on that visitation...she will find ways to change it.

L
L
Originally Posted By: Jeep74
You are on her turf and everyone will take her side. Period. Now the question remains, do you want to carpet bomb them or just do a few surgical strikes with the info you have? I am sitting on a sh*t ton of info I could send if I wanted to but haven't yet. Even though her family and friends are taking small potshots at me, I haven't felt the need to lay waste. However, I told the ex after the most recent attack by her mom that if it happens again that the strikes will begin...not a peep since.

Its up to you. A person can only take so much...and a person has a right to defend themselves and their name. Quite honestly, they don't think twice about saying stuff that could potentially be damaging to ones self or career. Release what you have to when you have to.

I disagree with Jeep here. You can choose to remove yourself from the drama or you can fan the flames. If you fan the flames, you will help her justify her decision. If you remove yourself from her drama, it will help your sanity.

Also, it isn't your job to teach her lessons. Life has a way of doing it on its own. That is some profound wisdom often posted by 25yearmlc.

Me:45 ExW:48
M:04/97
3 Bombs & 2 ReCons
1st BD 11/10
D Finalized 4/20
D-16 S-14
Going in one more round when you don't think you can. That's what makes all the difference in life.~Rocky Balboa
B
B
Quote:
Also, it isn't your job to teach her lessons. Life has a way of doing it on its own. That is some profound wisdom often posted by 25yearmlc.

That is true, but at what point do you stop being a target? I actually have zero f**** to give to my W so I really don't care what she says anymore to friends and family. However, I'm certain that everyone has their breaking point and will want to defend themselves at some point. For me, I'm just waiting for Karma to bite her in the a**. No need for me to do it because someday it will all come back on her.

M: 37 W: 36
T: 16 M: 11
D2: 8,3
PA: 2015
WAW: 2016
W Filed: 2017
2/07/2017 W officially dating OM2
D
D
Quote:
I disagree with Jeep here. You can choose to remove yourself from the drama or you can fan the flames. If you fan the flames, you will help her justify her decision. If you remove yourself from her drama, it will help your sanity

With the exceptions, of course, of when what is being said/done directly affects you, your family, your work, etc. Sometimes you have to step up and send one downrange.

Page 9 of 11 1 2 7 8 9 10 11

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard