Print Thread
Page 3 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 10 11
D
Dawgs Offline OP
OP Offline
D
GB,

Is the BBQ Shack still open in Athens?

There are moments in this life when you are so confident in the rightness of your actions, that not even for a second do you consider the option that you might be wrong.
D
Dawgs Offline OP
OP Offline
D
doodler,

I can see the result of that orange and blue mess.

It will be the best conference for quite some time. Lets see, you aren't that far from my old stomping grounds of Pensacola, no? Then are you a criminole?

There are moments in this life when you are so confident in the rightness of your actions, that not even for a second do you consider the option that you might be wrong.
D
D

Or a semi-hole. You know, half-@ss U. Them professors learned me real good. Three degrees; everyone thought I'd never leave.

D
Dawgs Offline OP
OP Offline
D
I will say this, I've been there a few times and it has some very good scenery.

D
D

OMG!!! It was wonderful.

G
G
Jeep,

1. I really hope you and Harley Quinn have some happily ever after in your future. Enjoy your vacation!

2. I totally and utterly respect your decision not to introduce SO's in your children's lives...I feel the same way.

Gordie 40s W 40s M20+ kids
2016 BD W fantasy affair w OM1 I do everything wrong
2017 I start to DB W says TLTL files for D PA w OM2
2018 I do LRT W drops filing and OM2 situation slowly improving
G
G
No Orange and Blue. No. All kinds of nope. Dawn, the Hogs are okay. You can be in the in crowd. Doodler, you crack me up!!! I grew up close to Seminoleland. Maybe they named a facility after you?

I haven't been to the BBQ Shack lately but I am pretty sure it is still there.

3 kids
BD 12/15/13 (IDKIILY. )
Rope dropped Cirque du Soleil style
D final 9-9-14
"Some people are born on 3rd base and go through life thinking they hit a triple." Barry Switzer
D
Dawgs Offline OP
OP Offline
D
Hi Gordie!

Quote:
I really hope you and Harley Quinn have some happily ever after in your future. Enjoy your vacation

Gordie, if I get things back to where they were with Harley Quinn I most definitely would. I'm not sure I will do that vacation, but I may. Who knows. My number one rule is that I talk to my kids every night and every morning - I call/Skype them every day they are away. Every day, morning and night. And they look for that. We will see.

You know, not far down the trail from that little cabin was this absolutely beautiful lake...just right for fishing or a brisk swim. I've thought about that place for years, honestly. Harley and I would pack a little picnic in a ruck and hike out to it for lunch or whatever. Good times.

Quote:
I totally and utterly respect your decision not to introduce SO's in your children's lives...I feel the same way.

Thank you for your words, sir.

D
Dawgs Offline OP
OP Offline
D
I'm starting to lean towards giving Harley the chance...

D
Dawgs Offline OP
OP Offline
D
A friend really made me think this morning. He asked me that if I were really honest with myself, am I hanging on hoping that she will get the help she needs. What a way to start the day at work - by getting me to think.

And another friend suggests that I still may not be over the ex...

Good grief they got me today.

The thing is, while I really wish she would get the help she needs, he may be correct in some form. She will always be part of me. The bigger question is, would I take her back if she went the extra mile and got in-house help and truly wanted to try again? That question really can't be answered as it is on a hypothetical level...maybe I would but more likely not. Too many things have happened and have been said that can't be forgotten.

I think the friend got the bit confused, its not so much as not being over her, but more like her ghost taking up residence. I've learned to live with that ghost and accept that it will always be there. I've also learned to embrace that ghost, too...for that means that memories can be looked upon fondly now. Who knows. They never really go away. Ever.

Page 3 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 10 11

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard