Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 7 of 11 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 10 11
D
D
Quote:
Signing would be giving her what she wants. I guess I'm having a hard time accepting that I will be divorced shortly after I sign it. Im probably just postponing the inevitable, short of a miracle. I don't want to give up, divorced or not.

You don't ever have to give up, but you do need to protect yourself. Do you have a lawyer? Protect yourself, my friend. The reason I say this is that they will play nice and then come out swinging. Ask me how I know this.

You don't have to give up...but you do need to have realistic views.

There are moments in this life when you are so confident in the rightness of your actions, that not even for a second do you consider the option that you might be wrong.
T
T
Originally Posted By: jkr2023
I just can't understand why she wants out so bad.

Because there is someone else. I'd bet a paycheck on it. It's all too textbook wayward spouse.

The future is as bright as you demand it be.
D
D
^ What he said.

There are moments in this life when you are so confident in the rightness of your actions, that not even for a second do you consider the option that you might be wrong.
B
B
Quote:
Because there is someone else. I'd bet a paycheck on it. It's all too textbook wayward spouse.

True, hate to tell you. My W is secretly seeing someone already so I know she wishes to rush things in order to date the OM openly.

M: 37 W: 36
T: 16 M: 11
D2: 8,3
PA: 2015
WAW: 2016
W Filed: 2017
2/07/2017 W officially dating OM2
D
D
Quote:
True, hate to tell you. My W is secretly seeing someone already so I know she wishes to rush things in order to date the OM openly

That's pretty much when I threw in the towel. As Dawn70 said, I have too much pride and self-respect to take someone back who cheated on me and lied over and over about it, and then tried to make me look like the bad guy in the whole thing.

J
jkr2023 Offline OP
OP Offline
J
So what did I do if that's he case? Bring it up in court to better my position? Or just let it go and be done? This is her second marriage, same thing happened in the first. I feel like I should stand up to her (in court), let her have to face the facts and realize what she is doing. I think it be a continuous cycle if I don't stand up to her. And I don't want that for my daughter. Thoughts?

J
jkr2023 Offline OP
OP Offline
J
We spoke earlier this morning because daughter is sick. She wanted to talk about settlement. I discussed the few small things I had a problem with and she blew up, of course. I proceeded to talk to her about filing our personal tax returns this year, and she told me " your just trying to leach money off me" because you know I will get a return of i don't file with you! She didn't even work in 2016!!! She kept the books for my business. Unbelievable! Then she proceeded to tell me that's was trying to manipulate her and 'sneak' something in on settlement. I simply asked to have the way a few things that were worded incorrectly, changed. She thinks everything I do has a manipulative motive, anyone dealt with this before?

D
D
Quote:
So what did I do if that's he case? Bring it up in court to better my position? Or just let it go and be done? This is her second marriage, same thing happened in the first. I feel like I should stand up to her (in court), let her have to face the facts and realize what she is doing. I think it be a continuous cycle if I don't stand up to her. And I don't want that for my daughter. Thoughts?

That would a question you take to your lawyer. Wait, she had an affair in her first marriage? Good grief if that's the case. You need to do some serious soul-searching as a leopard can't change its spots.

D
D
Quote:
She thinks everything I do has a manipulative motive, anyone dealt with this before?

There is a reason she is doing this - and that is to have you give in to her and her wants.

D
D
Originally Posted By: jkr2023
She thinks everything I do has a manipulative motive, anyone dealt with this before?

jkr2023,

Yes, that's all part of the script. I think it's projection; she's thinking of ways that she can get everything that she can from you, so she's assuming you're in the same state of mind. It'll probably get a lot crazier.

Page 7 of 11 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard