Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 10 11
S
S
Glad to hear your S is out of the hospital and on the mend. Hopefully your D will continue to do well.

We are supposed to have quite a bit of rain here....hopefully you guys don't get any, and you and your S can get a game of golf in.

Hopefully everything else is going okay, and you are hanging in there.

One day at a time my friend smile

S
SBJ Offline OP
OP Offline
S
Too much rain in the forecast for golf today...i guess I will have to settle for the rest of the laundry, golf on TV and getting to the gym.

I saw "The Shack" last night with friends...great movie. I will now have to finish the book.

Also did some reading yesterday and a specific article on God's perfect timing came up. It is truly interesting how impatient I am. I want things done immediately and I'm sure we are mostly the same in that regard. I have placed my M and my W in his hands to take care of at this point. I don't know what his will is for us right now, but I have faith that his will will be done.

I hope everyone has a blessed Sunday and that you find the peace we all deserve.

Me 49 W46
T25 M22
S22 D18 S13
W had EA Apr-Jul 2016
Dropped Bomb 7/9/16
ILYBINILWYA
HER DIVORCE IS FINAL...8/18/17
Dropping the rope to SURVIVE & THRIVE!!!
job Offline
I'm glad your son is home and resting.

Everything happens in God's time, not ours. That's why it's important to turn things over to him. What he creates may not always be what we want, but it's what he knows we need.

Enjoy your day!

Sit quietly, the answers will reveal themselves when you least expect them to.
The past is gone, the present is a gift and you need to focus on today, allow the future to reveal itself when it is ready.
S
S
Glad to read your S is home from the hospital. smile

I don't often post, but I do read along, and I do think you are on the right path and making progress. Loosing the control and giving your situation over to God is a wise move and will help you move forward. The best plan is not to watch and wait, but to focus on you and let the rest unfold..

Enjoy your day of golf and washing!

Xx

T 13 M 7
Me 48 H 46
SS 15
BD 7.14 PA
D final 5.16 (H filed)

We receive & we lose, and must try to achieve gratitude & embrace with whole hearts whatever of life that remains after the losses - Dubus
H
H
I agree with everyone on everything happening on God's time, its his plan and he knows what we need. I just happened to listen to an online message from Andy Stanley about "the right person myth"... good stuff!!

W:42 M:48
T:9 yrs M:1yr
BD: Feb 2016
EA Confirmed: Feb 2016/PA July 2016
D: Feb 2017

S
SBJ Offline OP
OP Offline
S
Thank you job, Sotto, and hawker...it is the hardest thing for me to let go and let God take control of the situation. At this point, he is the only one that can can either guide her back to our family, or give me the strength to accept that she is refusing to follow his lead. Either way I will be fine. Things will be rough for sure, but I am confident that I will thrive.

>>>>>>
I read an account from a woman whose husband left her and moved in with another woman. She was giving thanks to God for this happening, as it has made him more of the man he is supposed to be and made her realize that she was carrying him thru life. It was a touching story. I kind of understand her in a way.

I feel that my wife wanted to control everything regarding the household. Since she only worked a few days a week, I let her take care of the bills and that type of stuff. I took care of the retirement, but she handled all of the other financial obligations. This has handed me back that kind of control and it feels good. I guess I feel that I have my b@lls back. I still want my family put back together, but I feel much better as a man than I have in a while. Just my observation.

>>>>>
Listened to Kenny Chesney's Save It For A Rainy Day this morning on the way to work. Great lyrics:

chorus
'Cause the sun's too bright,
The sky's too blue
Beer's too cold to be thinking about you
Gonna take this heartbreak and tuck it away
Save it for a rainy day

>>>>>
Everyone have a great week...God is Good!!!

Me 49 W46
T25 M22
S22 D18 S13
W had EA Apr-Jul 2016
Dropped Bomb 7/9/16
ILYBINILWYA
G
G
SBJ,

I was at church and looking around I saw two families:

1. The H physically threated his W and she had to flee with the kids to a battered womens' shelter. The H actually got himself together and they reconciled.

2. The H did some white collar crime and went to jail. The W and kids stood by him during this trying time. He did his time and came back to the family.

When I see these families, it gives me faith that with God, all things are possible.

Gordie 40s W 40s M20+ kids
2016 BD W fantasy affair w OM1 I do everything wrong
2017 I start to DB W says TLTL files for D PA w OM2
2018 I do LRT W drops filing and OM2 situation slowly improving
S
SBJ Offline OP
OP Offline
S
Update/Journaling:
Nothing negative to say about anything. God is good all the time and guides us if we are willing to simply ask for directions.

Kids are out of school for Spring Break and we have had an unusual cool front blow thru SETX. I have them all this week and they are cool with just hanging out at the house doing a stay-cation.

The four of us went to church together yesterday and I was confronted by one of our Deacons wives that happen to be friends with the W. She said that the W was talking to her the other day about how great everything is and how everyone is going to be fine thru the D...the lady told me that she finally had to tell her that she will not talk to her about that kind of stuff because she doesn't agree with her. They have been friends for a long time and it is kind of nice that someone else, other than a family member, has finally spoken up. I'm not saying that it makes a difference at this point, but maybe one of these days something inside her will click.

I hope everyone has a great week...

Me 49 W46
T25 M22
S22 D18 S13
W had EA Apr-Jul 2016
Dropped Bomb 7/9/16
ILYBINILWYA
G
G
SBJ--that is awesome; thanks for sharing. It took courage for that lady to say that to your W. From the success stories here, it seems like the wanderers are so self-focused they are deaf to this type of criticism...until at one point, they finally hear it/see it...and you never know when that is going to be.

Gordie 40s W 40s M20+ kids
2016 BD W fantasy affair w OM1 I do everything wrong
2017 I start to DB W says TLTL files for D PA w OM2
2018 I do LRT W drops filing and OM2 situation slowly improving
S
SBJ Offline OP
OP Offline
S
Ok I lost it today. The W texted to see if I had spoken to my attorney. I kind of ignored and then forgot to respond. She called later while I was at the grocery store and began asking questions about it saying that it's been 6 months and how she is concerned about running out of money. I said I'd look into it and the she kept them coming. I lost my cool and kind of blew up. Basically saying that D is wrong and will have detrimental effects on our kids down the line. I ended with have your attorney call mine.

She then said that I don't care how she feels. Maybe she is correct. I thought I always put her cares and concerns before mine, but in this instance I guess she might be right.

In retrospect I guess I have been dragging my feet on getting my attorney paperwork together...I guess it is frustrating her. She wants to be divorced asap. I feel at this point I have to totally drop the rope, have the divorce paperwork completed, and say WTF. I want to fight for our M, but I only have control over myself.

Me 49 W46
T25 M22
S22 D18 S13
W had EA Apr-Jul 2016
Dropped Bomb 7/9/16
ILYBINILWYA
Page 3 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 10 11

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard