Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 8 of 11 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 11
S
S
It must be difficult interacting with an ex-spouse. Mine shows no interest in me at all, which is fine and pretty peaceful.

In respect of your interaction above - why not stop at so am I? Why follow it up with the further comment? Do you still feel a need to punish her for what has happened?

T 13 M 7
Me 48 H 46
SS 15
BD 7.14 PA
D final 5.16 (H filed)

We receive & we lose, and must try to achieve gratitude & embrace with whole hearts whatever of life that remains after the losses - Dubus
D
D
Originally Posted By: Sotto
It must be difficult interacting with an ex-spouse. Mine shows no interest in me at all, which is fine and pretty peaceful.

In respect of your interaction above - why not stop at so am I? Why follow it up with the further comment? Do you still feel a need to punish her for what has happened?

Sotto,

My XW and I don't communicate much, and I'm happy with that. She's initiated most of the communication, but I'd almost always used our communication as an opportunity to take pot-shots at the OM. I'd say things like, "Your boyfriend is so dumb that he thinks Moby Dick is a venereal disease." And it's true, he's dumb, broke, disgusting, and above all else, he's married.

I guess I'm a wretched soul; the diet cola of evil. But, the guy is such a big target (literally) that I have to take my shots when I get the opportunity. And, my wife exacerbates the issue; she becomes totally flustered when I disparage her boyfriend. It's great sport and I'm too weak to pass up the opportunities. By golly, my weakness aside, it's all their fault!

My favorite line is, "Tweedledum is such a loser that he can't even dial 911 without getting help." That one is totally true. There's a story behind it and it's all true. (By the way, Tweedledum is my nickname for him. There's a story behind that too.)

So, the end result of diabolical doodler's dirty deeds is that my XW rarely contacts me. I'm trying to work on this and I'll eventually get better. (Ok, I'm lying about working on it; I totally enjoy razzing the XW.)

D
D
Originally Posted By: doodler

My XW and I don't communicate much, and I'm happy with that. She's initiated most of the communication, but I'd almost always used our communication as an opportunity to take pot-shots at the OM. I'd say things like, "Your boyfriend is so dumb that he thinks Moby Dick is a venereal disease." And it's true, he's dumb, broke, disgusting, and above all else, he's married.

I guess I'm a wretched soul; the diet cola of evil. But, the guy is such a big target (literally) that I have to take my shots when I get the opportunity. And, my wife exacerbates the issue; she becomes totally flustered when I disparage her boyfriend. It's great sport and I'm too weak to pass up the opportunities. By golly, my weakness aside, it's all their fault!

My favorite line is, "Tweedledum is such a loser that he can't even dial 911 without getting help." That one is totally true. There's a story behind it and it's all true. (By the way, Tweedledum is my nickname for him. There's a story behind that too.)

So, the end result of diabolical doodler's dirty deeds is that my XW rarely contacts me. I'm trying to work on this and I'll eventually get better. (Ok, I'm lying about working on it; I totally enjoy razzing the XW.)

Doodler, I REALLY wish you would stop holding back and tell us how you really feel! LOLOLOLOLOL

Me 52, H53
Bomb drop 9/29/2014
Divorce from XH final 12/17/2014
Marriage #2 12/31/2019
5 adult (step)daughters (3 from XH's first marriage, 2 from current H's previous relationships)
6 grandkids
D
Dawgs Offline OP
OP Offline
D
Quote:
Don't you just LOVE the "let's be friends" thing? My XH tried that with me too. No...just no! No thank you, you narcissistic, lying, cheating, a$$hat. We don't even have to pretend to be amicable because the kids are adults so screw you, dude. Of course, in my case, it actually worked out that the new cheating skank is insecure and forbid him from talking to me. LOLOLOLOLOLOL Yep, a grown man forbidden to talk to someone. But, I guess I see her point because my motto has always been if they'll cheat with you, they'll cheat on you. Of course, he cheated ON me, not with me and I have NO intention of EVER going back down that road. Goodbye and good riddance. I have real friends who love me and don't stab me in the back, thank you very much.

Dawn,

I agree 100%. There is no way I'll ever be friends. Especially someone who did the things she did...and has the nerve to blame me for every single thing...

People are more than crazy!

There are moments in this life when you are so confident in the rightness of your actions, that not even for a second do you consider the option that you might be wrong.
D
Dawgs Offline OP
OP Offline
D
Gordie - please accept my apologies for the confusion in the responses. I don't know what I was thinking!

There are moments in this life when you are so confident in the rightness of your actions, that not even for a second do you consider the option that you might be wrong.
D
Dawgs Offline OP
OP Offline
D
Sotto,

I'm not going to say its always difficult. We don't talk unless its concerning the kids, or unless she starts in on something like she did yesterday. I'm not sure why I engage her once in a while...I'll still drop little truth bombs once in a while - not sure why, maybe its the doodler-esque in me, who knows. I have the atomic truth bomb waiting on her family if they keep pushing me...

D
D
Originally Posted By: Jeep74
I'm not sure why I engage her once in a while...I'll still drop little truth bombs once in a while - not sure why, maybe its the doodler-esque in me, who knows.

Jeep,

I might still be harboring just a wee bit of anger; just a tiny morsel.

D
Dawgs Offline OP
OP Offline
D
Doodler,

There is still a wee bit of anger. Some towards the ex. And some towards that messed up family of hers. I've kept my cool for the most part and not carpet bombed them with all the stuff I have. But I have a feeling its coming.

D
Dawgs Offline OP
OP Offline
D
When one door closes another always opens. Remember that and will be fine. smile

D
Dawgs Offline OP
OP Offline
D
That ghost is owning me today.

Page 8 of 11 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 11

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard