Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 6 of 11 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 10 11
D
DonH Offline OP
OP Offline
D
Lol, well neither good nor bad I guess. Partly on advice here and more so out of frustration I've sort of given up - at least given up trying. I am already an avid people watcher and have really been doing that even more lately - much in place of watching for potential dates. I just don't get it - I really don't. Some of the couples I see together and I'm like, never in a million years would I place these two so dissimilar people together - yet they are. I see these seemingly very high quality women with total losers and I'm like - huh? How dies this doofus get a GF like this and I can get a date?

Last weekend (9 days ago, not this past weekend) as I'm at a gig on break I see this semi-attractive, seemingly normal woman walk in and greet a guy sitting at the bar. I swear she said "nice to meet you". They clearly were not a couple and I believe meeting for the first time. OLD was my first thought and with little else to do my people watching went into overdrive. He had loser or at least player written all over him. I'd bet money he was a used car salesman. As I watched he was sooo aggressive. Within like 20 minutes of meeting he's touching her hair, her legs, I'm like wow. Talked way more than he listened. As I'm back on stage it continues and at least to me became a class on what not to do on a first date. I'm thinking how these are all the things not to do n a first date That's what I saw anyhow. Clearly I know nothing as they left together!!! I'm like you have got to be kidding me. I wanted to grab the mic and say "lady, you can do soooooo much better!" I was in a squrilly mood but I refrained. Now it coukd have been a sex sight hookup for all know but clearly I don't know shjt! Lol

Yeah I totally still have my sarcastic sense of humor about it all. Did very little this past weekend. I tried to line some things up but not too hard and when the three people or couples all had other plans I figured three strikes and I'm out. Just didn't feel like it and to be honest my GAL will get pretty busy this week with an activity with my brother on Wednesday, dinner with the guys I was on the fire Dept with on Thursday. A weekend away in a tourist town southwest of Madison for the weekend - which ends up being 6 hours of "work" and about 42 hours of GAL. Then birthday outings next Monday and Tuesday. Yeah, turning 54 next week. Another year which will mark 12 years since the bomb and 11 years since D and about 4 years since last real R.

Thanks for asking V. Wish I had better things to report but it could be worse. Although... I guess I should include... Remember the woman from the conference that I thought I'd not see again so asked out sooner than I should have? Turns out we clearly have a friendship developing with her contacting me more than I her, often resulting in hour long conversations - sometimes longer. She is very genuine. I swear she called me "Hun" today - which had to be a subconscious slip. I don't at all feel the filthy vibe on the phone that I did in person - which probably means she's actually interested - because clearly I don't know Shjt - that's painfully obvious. smile.

DonH
Midwest
Me 56
WAW-EXW 55
Met 11/95 / Married 5/00
Bomb 6/20/05 / She Filed on 6/2/06 / Divorced on 10/9/06
4 who'd qualify as GF since D & dated about 25 women since D
V
V
I remember confgal, slow and steady. I think you want a confgal rather than a hook up oncer.

Otherwise I will send you vibes for a wing person to assist.

I like hun, it's cute without being over familiar.

Go flirt!

V

Freedom is just another word for nothing left to loose.
V 64, WAW

W
W
Sometimes you just have to take a break from it all, Don. I'm like you, always trying to figure stuff out...it can be draining. Take a break, have some laughs and get back into the game when you choose to. What is is and what will be will be smile

Divorced February 27, 2012.

"Only by love is love awakened".~ Ellen G White
D
D
Quote:
As I'm back on stage it continues and at least to me became a class on what not to do on a first date. I'm thinking how these are all the things not to do n a first date That's what I saw anyhow. Clearly I know nothing as they left together!

Good grief.

Quote:
I swear she called me "Hun" today - which had to be a subconscious slip

Unless she is from areas where "hun" is a typical thing to say. Don't read into something that isn't there. That's the "desperation" that others have mentioned.

There are moments in this life when you are so confident in the rightness of your actions, that not even for a second do you consider the option that you might be wrong.
D
DonH Offline OP
OP Offline
D
Jeep YOU ARE the one reading into it - not me. That's why I said it was a subconscious slip - and that I'm sure of as I've done it myself at times. I'm not reading into anything nor appearing desperate - trust me. Plus, I think she's much more friend material than dating material now that I've gotten to know her much better. Just mentioned it because I thought it was cute/fun - nothing more.

I love "reading people" and do it all the time. I'm actually great at it in business settings, just suck at it in romantic settings.

And just to be clear "I don't feel the filthy vibe" should have been FLIRTY vibe not filthy. Lol

Sadly, at least in the last couple weeks, I would not even take advantage of a wingman. I clearly have flipped back over to I just don't care anymore. So I'm sure by end of summer my friends and some family will be back to telling me "you have to put yourself out there and try." Lol

DonH
Midwest
Me 56
WAW-EXW 55
Met 11/95 / Married 5/00
D
D
Keep telling yourself that, my friend.

There are moments in this life when you are so confident in the rightness of your actions, that not even for a second do you consider the option that you might be wrong.
D
DonH Offline OP
OP Offline
D
Well, it's been nearly two months since I last posted on my thread and do I have some huge updates to report! Wait until you here this!!! Um, yeah, not really. Pretty much nothing new here to report at all, other than perhaps some big struggles with my largest client. Too much to write though, but it's clearly been getting to me. Hopefully the changes I'm trying to affect will happen soon.

Ah, but it's May 20th. May 20, hmmmmm, why should I remember something about that date? Well, 17 years ago this very day, on a Saturday no less, I was married to ExW. Wow, how does the time go by so fast? 17 years ago already. My stepson turned 30 last weekend. I first met him when he was 7!

To be very honest, I don't at all think I would have remembered it was my anniversary had I not received a card from the local jeweler, still in business, that I purchased her ring at. They are still going strong with a bunch of locations all in this area, but the place we held the reception at was torn down a couple years ago. I still belong to the church we were married at. Anyhow, had that card not come, I usually remember a couple days later and go, "oh yeah, Saturday would have been X years." So it's not like I really give it any thought anymore these days. Wonder if ExW does?

I've actually been having fun with it today with friends - mostly due to how fast 17 years have gone by. Imagine if we were still married? How would life be different? Have to wonder. It's a very dreary day outside, cold, rain, overcast. Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Going out with a female friend tonight, sort of a date, sort of not - we are more friends than anything with a once and awhile benefit if the mood strikes. Then a grad party for my niece who just started college like months ago (in my head) but graduated last weekend as well. That happens on Sunday. WHERE DOES THE TIME GO!

So that's my update. Yeah, not much of an update, I know. That seems to be my life these days. No big high, no big lows.

DonH
Midwest
Me 56
WAW-EXW 55
Met 11/95 / Married 5/00
DonH

Sigh...Um, "happy anniversary"?? Keep posting, I'll think of something hilariously witty eventually.

Maybe I'll even say it to you.

hugs

cool

M: 57 H: 60
M: 35 yrs
S30,D28,D19
H off to Alaska 2006
Recon 7/07- 8/08
*2016*
X = "ALASKA 2.0"
GROUND HOG DAY
I File D 10/16
OW
DIV 2/26/2018
X marries OW 5/2016

= CLOSURE 4 ME
Embrace the Change
G
G
Today is my BFF's and her exH's 16th wedding anniversary. Only they have been separated almost a year..... they are spending to together today with their kids..... I pray she decides she wants him back....... but that's a whole other story.

My wedding anniversary always comes and goes without much of a thought. He is always on vacation with his OWW and my D on that day. used to make me nuts, now I don't care, lol.

No highs or no lows is actually quite a great place to be. A sort of date with a possible dessert is always a nice thing too. Have fun tonight!

B
B
May 20th is momentous for me as well, as it's the day exh proposed ... 24 years ago. also the day I graduated from college, 26 years ago. also the day I graduated as a clinical herbalist ... 4 years ago.

So, I hear ya. really I do.

I also wonder if exh remembers when any of our special dates roll around. he was exceptional at remembering them all, i will give him credit for that.

enjoy your dessert sorta date! Salted caramel ice cream is my suggestion. Or tiramisu.

M 20+ T25+
S ~15.5 (BD)
BD 4/6/15
D 12/23/16

"Someone I loved once gave me
A box full of darkness.
It took me years to understand,
That this too, was a gift."
~ Mary Oliver
Page 6 of 11 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 10 11

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard