Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 10 11
D
D
Move over. Anyone have any popcorn? grin

There are moments in this life when you are so confident in the rightness of your actions, that not even for a second do you consider the option that you might be wrong.
D
D

No need for popcorn, I was just joshin' with him like I do everyone else.

I actually think Don is probably a really fun guy.

D
D
I know grin

There are moments in this life when you are so confident in the rightness of your actions, that not even for a second do you consider the option that you might be wrong.
V
V
Don

The logistics are easier as we age, no kids, less fin stuff (usually) and we are more who we are.

We set our patterns, I confess to being less confident although that is more to do with excess weight and complex PTSD.

Even so, life is fun now I am two thirds towards the end.

I am humming away some tunes.

V

Freedom is just another word for nothing left to loose.
V 64, WAW

D
DonH Offline OP
OP Offline
D
Originally Posted By: doodler
Don,

I think it's that any woman that would complement your philosophy and attitude probably has attributes that you'd find unappealing.

wink cool whistle

Hmmmm, I think I may agree with you, but not sure - what do you mean? Examples? And then the rest, sorry, bud, you totally lost me.

I actually am a very cool fun guy - once you get to know me. That's how it's gone all my life. Some people get me riht away, most are not sure and a few think I'm the biggest A-hole they have ever met. I'm both introvert and extrovert. Yes I can and have been on stage in front of thousands both by myself and as part of a band and have no problem doing that. I have also been a DJ on the radio and still do some of that. Yet I can be rather quite at times. Then again, I can be outgoing and sarcastically funny.

As for Georgia - what did you think I was like? Since you can't remember your origional point, perhaps just tell me what you thought I'd say I was like?

See I've lead a rather fulfilling and diversified life. I've accomplished nearly everything I wanted to do as a child. Since I was like 10 I wanted to be a firefighter and paramedic - I did it. I wanted to perform in bands - do it, wanted to be on the radio, did it/still do it. I have accomplished a huge amount - just not as well with my personal life.

-Executive Director of 7,500 person member org.
-President of multiple orgs.
-Radio DJ and chief engineer
-Recording studio owner since 1983
-Musician playing likely close to 5,000 gigs in my life
-Musician performing on over 100 "albums" CDs, Jingles, etc. likely over 500 total songs.
-Private pilot with about 1,100 total hours flying time
-Have owned several planes
-Never smoked a cigarette, tried pot, coke, meth or anything else, rarely drink, yet I'm a recovering opiate addict with 7 years sobriety. No one and I mean no one, had a clue.
-Firefighter - likely participated in 50 structure fires - which really is a lot as things just don't burn down much anymore.
-Paramedic - treated thousands of patients over near 25 years with all sorts of cool stories.
-Dozens of people would claim I saved their life - a few would be correct.
-Love to ski - mostly water
-Love to travel
-Decent at baseball/softball - average at other sports
-Like to go to baseball games, followed by Packers games, basketball least favorite.

That hopefully gives a better glimpse into my life and who I am. For whatever reason, as successful as I've been at all of the above, I would not say successful with women would be on the list. Others actually would have said that - at least from about 1990-2005.

And finally Georgia, I have tried OLD but really got no where with that and I mean no where. I've done much better in person. In fact I don't know that I've done a second date from online - of the 4 or 5 I even went on - all but one by my choice.

And there you have it.

DonH
Midwest
Me 56
WAW-EXW 55
Met 11/95 / Married 5/00
Bomb 6/20/05 / She Filed on 6/2/06 / Divorced on 10/9/06
4 who'd qualify as GF since D & dated about 25 women since D
D
D
Don,

I could be wrong, but I get the feeling that you've lost your inner child. When you were younger, did you ever have the feeling that every day is an adventure? You go down to the pond and see fish in the water; you touch a frog and make it jump. You put your bare feet in the mud because the mud feels squishy and good but icky at the same time. You see a rainbow and you try to find the end of the rainbow even though you know you'll never really find it.

Forget your biases and preconceived notions. Go out with a woman covered in tattoos and listen to her and find out why she is the way she is.

You're a pilot. Read Richard Bach's "Illusions," you'll like it.

D
D
Quote:

That hopefully gives a better glimpse into my life and who I am. For whatever reason, as successful as I've been at all of the above, I would not say successful with women would be on the list. Others actually would have said that - at least from about 1990-2005.

You've had quite the life and something to be proud of, sir. Now let me ask this without the risk of sounding attacking in any form. When you go out with these ladies, what is the ratio of talking about you versus her?

D
D
Quote:
Forget your biases and preconceived notions. Go out with a woman covered in tattoos and listen to her and find out why she is the way she is.

I highly, highly recommend this.

G
G
Originally Posted By: Jeep74
Quote:

Going out of your norm and comfort zone you might have to find something maybe you would have never expected in a million years.

D
D
Originally Posted By: Ginger1
Originally Posted By: Jeep74
Quote:

Going out of your norm and comfort zone you might have to find something maybe you would have never expected in a million years.

I agree with what those before me said. Forget the "norm" and just go out and with someone completely against "type" for you. You might be pleasantly surprised. I'm 47 years old and have a 27 year old daughter and never in a million years would I have ever thought of going out with someone HER age, but I did and it was amazing! Because I just let go of all my preconceived thoughts and ideas and let myself enjoy it. Your a smart guy, Don, so I know you can get out of your own head and do the same.

Me 52, H53
Bomb drop 9/29/2014
Divorce from XH final 12/17/2014
Marriage #2 12/31/2019
5 adult (step)daughters (3 from XH's first marriage, 2 from current H's previous relationships)
6 grandkids
Page 3 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 10 11

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard