OP Offline
W
Yay, it worked!

Westo #2728238 02/02/17 09:13 AM
W
Westo Offline OP
OP Offline
W
You are right about GD, Job. There are other factors in play which would explain her anger.

September 2015 starts school
December 2015 baby brother arrives
D suffers post natal depression so puts on us a lot
March 2016 her adored Papa leaves who she would see daily

From that day has seen me very much less and obviously confused. Has not seen him since and the other day I had to explain that he isn't dead but not very well and I don't know where he lives but hope he will come back one day.

The knock on effect on us all has been terrible and has affected our relationships with each other.

I'm wondering whether to suggest to her to ask him if he'd like to meet her for coffee and see GS, who he hasn't seen since he was three months old.

What do you think?

Westo #2728259 02/02/17 10:43 AM
job Offline
First, thank you for doing the link up. I've taken care of linking the new thread to the old one for you.

The next time she raises the subject w/you, you might want to say something like this: "D, why don't you invite him to meet up w/you and your GD at a coffee shop or one of the fast food places for visit"? This will give her something to think about because you can't repair the damage that he's created for him. Your D is grown and it's up to them to find a way to mend that bridge between the two of them.

job #2729170 02/08/17 12:41 PM
W
Westo Offline OP
OP Offline
W
The other day I bumped into a former colleague I haven't seen for years. She told me that she'd seen my other half last September(the day after SS wedding, where he'd made excuses to leave early as he had work the next day!) at an annual Elvis convention (of all things!) over an hour away at a seaside resort.

She wondered why I wasn't with him as we were always joined at the hip. Anyway D decided to text him the day after asking him if he'd enjoyed the convention, to which he replied it was crap and how did she know he had gone. She explained.

She then asked "was it with (insert name) you went with? She knows his GF name as he asked if she could attend the SS wedding the day before the convention, SS sent S & D the text asking. She asked in a way as that he couldnt lie as he didn't know if former colleague had seen him with her (she hadn't) if you know what I mean.

He didn't answer...but reactivated his FB account a couple of hours later showing his previously hidden marital status as married.

He finally answered her last night saying it was a coach trip he went on on the Saturday and asked if she had a silver Fiesta car as he thought he'd seen her the other day.

How bloody weird.......he had the perfect opportunity to just say yes he did go with her to the convention (if they are still together) to just send D and everyone else the very big message that he is now with OW and that's how it will be and deal with it, but he didn't?

He's still on FB......three days now, no posts or anything but very unusual for him.
It's the longest he's been on there for seven months.

They say on here actions speak louder than words......I can but hope he's peeping out of the tunnel.

Westo #2729172 02/08/17 12:43 PM
W
Westo Offline OP
OP Offline
W
Forgot to say I asked the kids not to tell me her name, I don't want to know.

Westo #2730761 02/19/17 02:07 PM
W
Westo Offline OP
OP Offline
W
Well H has never been a big Facebooker but he has reactivated his account again tonight.

That's the third time in three weeks, in the last seven or eight months. This is highly unusual for him.

I did email him again a week ago, simply saying "still hoping you are ok". How can I be the lighthouse if I make no contact? It's the first time in three months. I won't again.

He replied within a couple of hours "yes thanks but working, how are you". Last time I didn't answer but I did this time in case he thought I was just playing games. I just said "I'm fine".

That was a week ago. I wonder if he's peeping out from the tunnel....it will be a year since BD next month. I haven't seen him since last May.

The guy just does not do Facebook.....me the other hand is on it all day!

Westo #2731916 02/26/17 02:10 PM
A
A
Westo - Thank you for the visit and your kind words. Sending you a great big bear hug (((((Westo)))))

I hope you are doing well and that my post didn't set you back. I presume that the tattoo is all healed up by now? It probably looks fabulous.

You can be very proud of yourself.

On BD
H52, W50
T27, M26
S21, D23
BD-9-Mar-16
D-15-Jan-18 Final-19-Apr-18
I am a storyteller. The story may do you no good.
But a story is never for the listener. It is always for the one who tells
AndrewP #2731918 02/26/17 02:49 PM
W
Westo Offline OP
OP Offline
W
Thanks for the hug Andrew! No, your post didn't set me back, but was thought provoking. I was really emotional yesterday, I find the smallest thing can set me off.

I had just cut a good ten inches off my GD's hair. The first proper haircut since she was born. She's only four and wanted to donate her cut off plaits to a children's charity. I felt really honoured to do so and very proud of her.

Tatt is all healed and looks great, I can't wait for spring so I can wear cropped leggings to show it off!

Westo #2734340 03/15/17 04:25 PM
A
A
Westo - I thought I'd swing around and say Hi. I'm not posting or visiting too much these days but have been thinking about you. Odd as it may seem pre BD I had hair that swung waaay past my shoulders. Good on your GD for donating her's. Sadly there are few places that take grey hair so after sitting in a drawer for a few months I tossed my own plait.

I hope you are doing well. Here on this side of the "pond" the robins have returned as have the Canada Geese. I'm starting to think about my spring flower beds. I doubt that I'll do a full garden but will probably get a planter set up for some fresh veg for my lunches.

On BD
H52, W50
T27, M26
S21, D23
BD-9-Mar-16
D-15-Jan-18 Final-19-Apr-18
I am a storyteller. The story may do you no good.
But a story is never for the listener. It is always for the one who tells
Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 10 11

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard