Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 8 of 11 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 11
W
W
Originally Posted By: jkr2023
She thinks everything I do has a manipulative motive, anyone dealt with this before?

Describes my WW exactly. Nothing you can say will persuade them otherwise. I suspect it is a lot of projection on their behalf. They are so used to lying and manipulating that they project that onto us.

They just 'know' we are lying, and trying to screw them over. They 'know' this. Their gut tells them this - my WW's words.

--
Me: 47 WW: 35
SS: 17 D: 5
T: 7 yrs Engaged: 2 yrs
OEA confirmed: August 17 2016 ongoing since April 2016.
OEA continues (with occasional breaks)
BD2 - W says will visit OM in Jan 18
B
B
Quote:
She thinks everything I do has a manipulative motive, anyone dealt with this before?

Yup. The moment I told my W that the arrangement with the kids is unfair she exploding saying so many things that were just untrue. However, I stood my ground and didn't care what she had to say. At the time of all this I still wanted her back, but needed to be firm in looking out for my rights. She told me that I was just being selfish and not thinking about the children.

They will turn on you and even though you do not want this you still need to look out for your best interests.

M: 37 W: 36
T: 16 M: 11
D2: 8,3
PA: 2015
WAW: 2016
W Filed: 2017
2/07/2017 W officially dating OM2
D
D
Quote:
They will turn on you and even though you do not want this you still need to look out for your best interests

^This. Think of a cobra in a wolf's in a sheep's clothing.

There are moments in this life when you are so confident in the rightness of your actions, that not even for a second do you consider the option that you might be wrong.
J
jkr2023 Offline OP
OP Offline
J
Affair after separation, same as with me.

L
L
I'd suggest just letting your attorney deal with the legal portion of it. Let her know you are done discussing the settlement and your attorney will be handling it going forward.

Me:45 ExW:48
M:04/97
3 Bombs & 2 ReCons
1st BD 11/10
D Finalized 4/20
D-16 S-14
Going in one more round when you don't think you can. That's what makes all the difference in life.~Rocky Balboa
B
B
Quote:
I'd suggest just letting your attorney deal with the legal portion of it. Let her know you are done discussing the settlement and your attorney will be handling it going forward.

Exactly! She may not like it, but this is something that she wants not you. She will have to deal with it.

D
D
Quote:
Exactly! She may not like it, but this is something that she wants not you. She will have to deal with it.

Mine went ballistic. Even though she contacted one first and had her settlement sent to me. She thought I was just going to roll over...

There are moments in this life when you are so confident in the rightness of your actions, that not even for a second do you consider the option that you might be wrong.
B
B
Quote:
Mine went ballistic. Even though she contacted one first and had her settlement sent to me. She thought I was just going to roll over...

Right! Mine tried telling me how the schedule for the kids was going to go...even including holidays?? She also had a $ amount on how much to buy her out along with everything already separated (possessions and what bills we would continue to pay). Then got SO upset when I disagreed with all of her demands. I told her the same thing in regards to not just rolling over and letting her get away with everything.

D
D
Quote:
Right! Mine tried telling me how the schedule for the kids was going to go...even including holidays?? She also had a $ amount on how much to buy her out along with everything already separated (possessions and what bills we would continue to pay). Then got SO upset when I disagreed with all of her demands. I told her the same thing in regards to not just rolling over and letting her get away with everything.

Oh man. Mine tried that how it was going to be with kids, too. Until my lawyer tore her a new one. I'd give her responses but that would be a little to revealing, on here at least. Let's just say my lawyer laughed about that one...

B
B
Quote:
Oh man. Mine tried that how it was going to be with kids, too. Until my lawyer tore her a new one. I'd give her responses but that would be a little to revealing, on here at least. Let's just say my lawyer laughed about that one...

Ya, I think a lot of it is because mine is an only child so she has that "spoiled" mentality. However, my L don't give a crap about what she wants and laughed his a** off too when I told him all of her demands. I'm still being civil, but its crazy who they become!!

Page 8 of 11 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 11

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard