Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 15 of 16 1 2 13 14 15 16
A
A
Quote:

You are what you think you are and it's all about your attitude. If you think you aren't happy, you won't be. If you think you can't be successful, you won't be. If you think you're not attractive, you won't be. If you think you can't achieve what you want in your life and you say "what about where I come from?" then my answer is "so, what about where you come from"? do you want to blame your life on your past or do you want to use it aas a motivator? Will you use your childhood as a prison wall to hld you back or as rungs of a ladder that will take you to the top of your potential?

Pam, the above is really important for you! You are the hardest working woman in db business, just like James Brown is the hardest working man in show business! You just have to keep that mindset positive. YOU be PROUD of who you are. YOU are wonderful, warm, funny, loving, and beautiful.
Don't forget that. Set your mindset around those facts.

Hugs, and prayers,
Akgal

I am responsible for my own happiness.
psluke Offline OP
OP Offline
Hi Kitti,

Thank you for that, I appreciate it. CHL told me the other day the reason I have made more progress working with the bb rather than our C was now I have 50 C's 24 hours a day.

I think partially he was joking and actually I had never looked at it that way but gee you see all these people working on themselves and get so many ideas maybe some of that is why I have made more progress! Whatever the reason is, I'll take the progress and more of the same!!

Pam

"We must be willing to let go of the life we had planned
so as to have the life that is waiting for us"
psluke Offline OP
OP Offline
Hi Pattie,

I didn't know much of anything about the horse till I spoke with the girl again yesterday that has her now.

She became sore and has been losing weight for several months now and she hasn't responded to anything they have tried in the line of treatment. The second vet she had out to see her thinks it is EPM and recommended treatment for that, so that is what we are trying right now. She said he didn't think she was real far along with it and hopefully she will respond to the medication.

It is just I know almost nothing about EPM and used to that was almost the diagnosis of a horse going to have to be put down I thought. Apparently that is no longer the case so I am working on not stressing over this deal.

Everything certainly always seems to happen at once. I called and checked on one of my horses and she is doing fine. I am almost afraid to check on the other one as she is the navicular one. I haven't heard from the girl that has her so hopefully no news is good news!!!

Pam

psluke Offline OP
OP Offline
Hi Akgal,

I intend to read this book and keep this post handy to keep those important points in front of me.

This is my week/weekend for compliments! It does help the PMA to feel that your hard work is visible! Most of my emotional times have been confined to just me and the bb, unlike in the past where CHL knew about most all of them. He has only known about a few of them. I am just afraid it is still a few too many.

But I really want to hold onto myself hard this next week and a half.

I came up with a visual for myself today and it would sound silly to you all, but it is to help me remember to stop negative/ASSuming thinking and focus instead on calm, more logical thoughts.

Pam

psluke Offline OP
OP Offline
I still haven't felt like cleaning the house back up. I know part of that is a bit of depression and thinking I will have to move soon and part of it is it is so far behind because I didn't do much of anything on it while Jonah was sick. The shells all follow me from room to room and I didn't want him having to move around much so I didn't do much during that time frame.

I do have five freshly bathed shelties with nails and feet hair trimmed! So maybe tomorrow evening I will get their ears and teeth worked on. I know that will make their day like I did today. LOL

Pam

Pam,

It's my understanding that if EPM is caught early, and the horse is healthy to start out, it is treatable. Apparently, there isn't a simple test to do to diagnose it. Thus, a horse can decline quickly depending on all the other variables.

Good luck!

Pattie

When you can't make a decision because you are torn between your heart and your head, listen to the half with the brain.
your shelties are very lucky to have you...

Hi Pam,
How are you? You sound like you are doing really well! I don't want you to think that I ditched you! I didn't!

The lines from that book sound really good. I'll have to post that on my cube wall!

ttys
karen

Morning, Pam!

bom:01/2003
D: 03/14/2006
psluke Offline OP
OP Offline
Hi Pattie,

The girl that has the horse is one of the graduates from Findlay University's Equestrian program and I have seen her barn and the other horses and feel she is taking good care of the horse.

She seemed hopeful of recovery for Patty so hopefully it will all go well.

I still haven't checked on Lucy, but at least Tessa is doing fine. Really filled out and matured. She is 4 this year and I haven't seen her since last June.

Bet she looks a lot different!

Pam

Page 15 of 16 1 2 13 14 15 16

Moderated by  Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard