Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
#2726746 01/22/17 07:04 PM
T
Tofbrks Offline OP
OP Offline
T
Could someone a little more savy than me link my 2 threads from the new comers forum please?

Previous Threads from Newcomers:

My little slice of Life...

My little slice of life 2

6 months out from ww leaving the house...has been quite a learning experience. Ww is ahead full with om who started in January... "talking"

I am dealing with bouts of anger and resentment at the pace of her new relationship. Know there is nothing I can do about it , just dissapointed in her haste to involve kids , posting crap on social media and parading this guy around at the church we attended. We are still married and everyone knows she was in an affair since she had to step down from a board position. This church is where we were Married and kids baptized. So anyhoo ...
Two events really got to me and now I've been labeled bitter and angry .. somewhat justified but when I feel as though I've been wronged .. sorry I'm gonna get mad..
She invited him to church xmas play that my 8yo was in.. then recently she had him come to the ER while 14yp daughter was having episodes that scared us all.

Really trying to move forward and know forgiveness is the key to this but not quite there yet. I do realize that I need to work on myself as no good marriage ends in divorce. Now on the other side she never admits anything was really wrong with her .. I was miserable and made her "feel" a certain way - thought she'd never be happy again and I was the cause- so she looked elsewhere for her "happiness".

My sister who I've come to lean on lately gave me another perspective on things..telling me I would have never left this marriage no matter how bad it was (kids).. so she did youa favor by exiting..( not gracefully though) and left you with no guilt as to it end.. not quite but I don't loose sleep worrying about it so ...

Seems like I'm the only one who is trying to grieve my marriage all others involved just jumped right back into relationships .. I'm friendly with om's wife .. she's in a R too..
so how does this bode for ww and om ? Not a very stable foundation to build a new relationship..

I know this a bunch of rambled on mess but that's my life now..would welcome any comments , observations or knowledge that you guys can spare..

Last edited by job; 01/23/17 05:52 AM. Reason: Added links to previous threads

Me:47 XW 43
D15 D10
Together 17 married 15
Bd : Mother's Day 2015
Sep :July 2015
Divorce final October 2016
job Offline
I will link your previous threads from Newcomers to this thread. In the future, please try to link them and if you have difficulty, please let me know and I will be happy to assist you.

Here is a link that will provide some easy instructions on how to link your threads.

How to Link Threads

D
D
Originally Posted By: Tofbrks
Seems like I'm the only one who is trying to grieve my marriage all others involved just jumped right back into relationships .. I'm friendly with om's wife .. she's in a R too..
so how does this bode for ww and om ? Not a very stable foundation to build a new relationship..

Yep, I think there's a tendency to jump into a new relationship to help manage the pain. I tried dating shortly after my divorce because I thought it'd be fun and help me continue to move on. It didn't turn out nearly as well as I'd hoped; I actually enjoyed working on my home projects more than I enjoyed dating.

Now, I'm focusing on my sons and my home projects. If the right person makes an appearance, then I'll try dating. For now though, I've got lots of things to keep me busy.

D
D
Quote:
Yep, I think there's a tendency to jump into a new relationship to help manage the pain. I tried dating shortly after my divorce because I thought it'd be fun and help me continue to move on. It didn't turn out nearly as well as I'd hoped; I actually enjoyed working on my home projects more than I enjoyed dating

I'm going to step in here for a little. Doodler is correct. But sometimes a little strange is just what the doctor ordered.

There are moments in this life when you are so confident in the rightness of your actions, that not even for a second do you consider the option that you might be wrong.
Dawgs #2726799 01/23/17 08:28 AM
D
D

Doctor Strange recommends Harley Quinn.

Dawgs #2726800 01/23/17 08:32 AM
T
Tofbrks Offline OP
OP Offline
T
And see both points doodler & jeep.. but 6 mo out and taking T with my daughter last night (14) and she's saying she wants me to be happy like mom and move on and not be angry .. thought my x was being channeled through my D ...all involved have glossed over this whole mess and I'm afraid the bill won't come due for many years down the road..to late to really do anything..

I'll loose my resentment and anger but d@mn I have a right to f'n be a little pissed off.. sorry

Last edited by job; 01/23/17 09:51 AM. Reason: Added spacing between paragraphs

D15 D10
Together 17 married 15
D
D
Originally Posted By: Tofbrks
I'll loose my resentment and anger but d@mn I have a right to f'n be a little pissed off.. sorry

Tofbrks,

I'm with you, bro!

D
D
Quote:
Doctor Strange recommends Harley Quinn.

Doctor Strange wrote and fulfilled that prescription on the visit...

There are moments in this life when you are so confident in the rightness of your actions, that not even for a second do you consider the option that you might be wrong.
D
D
Quote:

I've been down the anger/pissed off road many, many times. That's where the punching bag at the gym came in...too bad they wouldn't let me put my ex's pic on it.

Dawgs #2726811 01/23/17 09:16 AM
T
Tofbrks Offline OP
OP Offline
T
Inlaws are all like get over it too.. lol.. I know if I did what she did to their daughter I'd be strung up somewhere , knee deep in lawyer speak and probably unable to see my kids .. they forget that..shunned everywhere in town except for maybe the Waffle House...

Funny how some can see and hear the train coming but still don't get off the tracks. Then wonder why they got the $hit knocked out of them.. when I can see the train and yell but no one hears ... your on your own ... sit back and watch the train wreck.

Last edited by job; 01/23/17 09:51 AM. Reason: Added spacing between paragraphs

D15 D10
Together 17 married 15
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard