Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
F
F
Originally Posted By: Kid
its a huge pay cut but that does not matter to me right me.

Right on. You're doing the right thing.

maybe i am misinterpreting detached as WAW.

Based on your description, she doesn't sound like someone practicing DB to me. Detaching isn't about neglecting your partner, which is what she's doing. It's about not letting your partner's behavior drive your emotions up and down. You have had any physical affection in 18 months, and she's implied that you're not truly married. That doesn't sound like DB-ing to me. Sounds like someone who's given up on the marriage.

Me: 50, MLC/WW 45
Young kids
Nov 2015: BD1
Apr 2016: BD2
Jan 2017: W filed
Feb 2017: D final
K
Kid Offline OP
OP Offline
K
FG - you are spot on, i wish i could go back in time and beat some sense into my younger, foolish arrogant self (lol).

F
F
I have hope for you.

She's going to see a great guy, and come around. It just takes time.

Your situation is the most promising I have read about here, I think.

Be steady. Be great.

Me: 50, MLC/WW 45
Young kids
Nov 2015: BD1
Apr 2016: BD2
Jan 2017: W filed
Feb 2017: D final
M
M
You never answered the question. Have you read DB or DR books yet?

M-43 W-40
2D - 9 and 5

Emotion, yet peace.
Ignorance, yet knowledge.
Passion, yet serenity.
Chaos, yet harmony.
Death, yet a new life.

RECONCILED AND WISER
K
Kid Offline OP
OP Offline
K
Originally Posted By: MrBond
You never answered the question. Have you read DB or DR books yet?

MrBond - sorry, didn't mean to ignore you. I have not, but i am almost certain that my wife bought these books. I will check once i go home in 3 days.

C
C
Just keep POSTING and one other bit of advice from Wonka
that I totally agree with.

Originally Posted By: Wonka
Get DR/DB book. Keep this to yourself. DO NOT share this book or this site at all with your spouse. It is your playbook and not to be shared with the "opposing" team.

It is important to clear the search/browsing history from your computer on a daily basis to prevent the possibility for your WAS to stumble on the DB site and discover your posts here on DB. Erasing the search history will protect your posts and you as well.

We have seen too many Marriages blow up in pieces after the WAS discovers the DB site or DR book. Why is that? It is because the WAS thinks, erroneously I might add, that you are "manipulating" them back into the M.

Keep the DR book and DB site very close to your vest.

Me-70, D37,S36
S
S
Firstly, order the books NOW. No one can offer you advice if they also need to explain to you the concepts.

Secondly, I strongly recommend that you take Christy's advice and call for some telephone coaching. I'd say your situation is promising but what you do now will be the difference between a happy family and a certain divorce. Get professional help alongside the help from these good folks who are super knowledgeable.

Me, H-34 now 38
W-32 now 35
T-13 now 18 years
M-6 now 9
Daughter 3 years now 7
Bomb 11/27/12 - OM
1 year in house separation
Reconciliation 12/2013. Healed now 2017
C
C
Originally Posted By: SM34
Firstly, order the books NOW. No one can offer you advice if they also need to explain to you the concepts.

Secondly, I strongly recommend that you take Christy's advice and call for some telephone coaching. I'd say your situation is promising but what you do now will be the difference between a happy family and a certain divorce. Get professional help alongside the help from these good folks who are super knowledgeable.

Hello Kid,

I agree, get the books on your own and keep them to yourself. These are your tools. You want your efforts to be sincere and genuine which would be discounted if you ask your wife if she has the books.

Thanks for the vote of confidence SM34!

The best advice I can give you is to call a Divorce Busting Coach today. Many of your online friends will agree that Divorce Busting coaches will give you the best advice on how to save your marriage and keep your family together. Please call me to discuss our coaching program 303-444-7004

Regards,

Cristy
Resource Coordinator
The Divorce Busting Center
303-444-7004

A Divorce Busting Coach can help you save your marriage, even when your spouse wants out.

Email virginia@divorcebusting.com or 303-444-7004 for more information or to get started right away.
S
S
Still here?

It is not about what you feel should work in your M. It is about doing the work that gets the right results. Do what works!
R
RDS Offline
R
FG - you are spot on, i wish i could go back in time and beat some sense into my younger, foolish arrogant self (lol).

I think we all wish we could do that. I know I wish I could see then what I see now. It was so obvious but my resentment towards my W prevented me from seeing it.

M 55 W 52
MR 32 T 34+
D29
BD May 8, 2016 - She moved out
ILYBNILWY May 15 (Through email)
No EA/PA
August 23 - DB used against me in every way
Divorce July 18, 2017 - Life is getting better every day
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard