Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 10 of 11 1 2 8 9 10 11
A
A
Originally Posted By: Westo
Well, I've done it and yes it did hurt but so worth it. If a tattoo could look classy, then this is it.

I'm absolutely chuffed with it!
Well Done!

On BD
H52, W50
T27, M26
S21, D23
BD-9-Mar-16
D-15-Jan-18 Final-19-Apr-18
I am a storyteller. The story may do you no good.
But a story is never for the listener. It is always for the one who tells
R
R
Wow awesome Westo, well done.

A
A
Westo - I just finished my usual Saturday lunchtime scone and thought I'd pop around and see how you are keeping. Try not to itch at the new tattoo. I'm thrilled that you are pleased with it and that it is something you feel positive about.

It should be good in another few days, just like a bad scalding or sunburn.

I hope you are doing well - always room at the table for you.

On BD
H52, W50
T27, M26
S21, D23
BD-9-Mar-16
D-15-Jan-18 Final-19-Apr-18
I am a storyteller. The story may do you no good.
But a story is never for the listener. It is always for the one who tells
W
Westo Offline OP
OP Offline
W
Awww, thanks for popping by AP!

Yes, it's healing very well.....it's not sore at all. But, about a day after I began feeling quite flueish. I'm aching all over and shivery.

I googled and apparently it's quite common and is called tattoo flu! It mainly happens to people who have large ones, but mine's only three inches long.

Thank God I didn't have a big one!

W
Westo Offline OP
OP Offline
W
I made sure I put my having a tat on FB, knowing full well that DIL will tell MIL, who in turn will tell H.

Lo and behold, it came to my attention on Saturday night that he had reactivated his account..........after seven months! Guess he put his head above the parapet for a nose on mine and D's timelines. The last time he was on, he had hidden his marital status, but this time it was on show.

Then his cousin tagged him on Sunday and poof! Deactivated again!

Anyway, I forgot to say that our toilet flush broke before Christmas and I've been using a bucket to flush it since. He does know as I asked SS to look for the part online (can't find it) and he in turn told H. H asked D in his text on Christmas Day and on her Birthday if it had been fixed.

So, when he's ready he actually does have that as an excuse to make contact. I'm sure by know.....he has sussed that I will not initiate contact.

Meanwhile the bills are still being paid. Ho hum......tat is still healing nicely smile

S
S
Hi Westo, I wouldn't even associate your H with toilet fixing and if the job needs doing just arrange for someone to come in and sort it for you. Your H is gone just now and things like these just need to get arranged independent of him IMHO.

smile

T 13 M 7
Me 48 H 46
SS 15
BD 7.14 PA
D final 5.16 (H filed)

We receive & we lose, and must try to achieve gratitude & embrace with whole hearts whatever of life that remains after the losses - Dubus
W
Westo Offline OP
OP Offline
W
I agree, but I can't find the fitting online. Unfortunately H was the one who originally fitted the toilet(it's a built in unit)....the bucket will have to do for now.

All I'm saying is, if and when he wants to initiate contact I believe he will use the toilet as the excuse to. The fact it's on his mind must be niggling him, or he wouldn't have mentioned it (well in my head!)

It will be coming up to a year in March. He's going to have to come to some kind of a decision soon. He can't run two homes indefinitely.

W
Westo Offline OP
OP Offline
W
D said to me today that as she can understand me doing NC with H, she wants me to contact him if he doesn't, come March when it will be a year since BD.

She wants me to ask what his intentions are as I am on edge and GD is so upset all the time. She is very angry and wets herself since he left. She will be five in April.

D wants me to push him to make his mind up before GD birthday (which I fully understand) Am I being harsh by saying no I won't?

R
R
Originally Posted By: Westo
D said to me today that as she can understand me doing NC with H, she wants me to contact him if he doesn't, come March when it will be a year since BD.

She wants me to ask what his intentions are as I am on edge and GD is so upset all the time. She is very angry and wets herself since he left. She will be five in April.

D wants me to push him to make his mind up before GD birthday (which I fully understand) Am I being harsh by saying no I won't?

D is the mother of GD?

I don't think you're being harsh. She's a parent. If she has an issue with your H's behavior with regards to her daughter, she can talk to your H herself.

Me: 44
H: 44
Kids: 20, 16, 16, and 10
Together/Married: 22 years
H announced he was emotionally detached and considering D: 4/4/16
H announced he is going to try to stay and reconnect: 5/1/16
W
Westo Offline OP
OP Offline
W
Hi Rose,

Yes, she is GD's mother. I think she's trying to emphasise that as I'm on edge all the time I should make contact to end this sitch either way. But I think it's more to do with GD and how it's affecting her.

But I agree she can contact him herself. I've told her there is nothing stopping him from asking to meet her for coffee and him seeing GD, but he hasn't asked.......

Page 10 of 11 1 2 8 9 10 11

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard